THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

9.5 on the site right now

Just bought, I appreciate you.

It's supposed to be felt.

I really like Chris from Wear Testers, but I have to agree with the post above; these just don't feel soft and nothing like the AMIIIs. I don't understand where he's coming from. I could see these wearing in, but out of the box, no freak'n way. Also on that SNKRS DNA interview the PLM stated the squish is noticeably different/better. Is this a QA issue where some have lower vs. higher PSI or they're all just smoking something very effective?
The problem is that as a middle aged man wearing in is not as easy as it used to be. I can't wear sneakers at work, and I dont go out much. I will keep them though so I can look fly when going grocery shopping.

86s just came in. Toe down is gonna take some getting used to. But i cant complain having a fresh pair of OG Reds

DD6B8EA0-1BD0-4617-99CE-C7D8AED1DC29.jpeg

BBs, what a brick fest. Have no idea what Chris from WearTesters was talking about. He has the 2020 infrareds. I have worn my infrareds sparsely so they are almost like new still, and the BBs don't even come close. Even the upper is stiff. They sure are pretty though. But the big bubble almost looks absurd, it really is huge.
I'm US 11.5 and they fit like my 2020 AMIII's, infrareds and spruces (even the spruces which dont have the felt upper is softer than BB).

I really like Chris from Wear Testers, but I have to agree with the post above; these just don't feel soft and nothing like the AMIIIs. I don't understand where he's coming from. I could see these wearing in, but out of the box, no freak'n way. Also on that SNKRS DNA interview the PLM stated the squish is noticeably different/better. Is this a QA issue where some have lower vs. higher PSI or they're all just smoking something very effective?

in terms of underfoot cushioning, a lot of reviews are just based on small steps or steps in the house or something really minimal that it's just a try-on. Give it a walk around the block or at least a quarter mile and they'll feel just the same as the regular AM1s except just higher in the heel.

Felt is the standard from OGs and anniversary retros, too

I know, but it feels different than my anniversaries. These are more “felty” if that makes sense. Laces are trash too.

How do the Big bubbles fit compared to 95's and 97's? Haven't had a pair of AM1's in decade +.
They fit the exact same as the re-crafts from 2020. I feel as though 97’s run big.. I would go half a size up from your normal 97 size.

Back
Top Bottom