THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

The thing is I took the pic with the adjustable shoe tree on the full extended spot. This is how the really look without the shoe tree.

20230329_163055.jpg
If this is how they looked from Nike I would've been on the hype train with the rest of you guys.

Seriously tho, I'm gonna need a quick how-to.
I know you said you used a steamer...

The thing is I took the pic with the adjustable shoe tree on the full extended spot. This is how the really look without the shoe tree.

20230329_163055.jpg
I've sat in the cut and laughed at/with you, but on the low, your reshapes look miles ahead of some of these other pics I'm seeing.

I'm sorry. I really am... but these top down toe box pics look gawd-awful. Y'all do you, but the toe box from the top down be lookin' like "Mr.-Jenkins-next-door-push-mowing-shoes."

2CC473EA-85EB-4735-85D4-EE31C764E343.jpeg

At dinner tonight. UnDS’d. Popped over to Bait nearby to grab some of their promo cards from release day.

I counted 13 AM1 colorways in that damn store. 5 of which on 40% off shelf. Was a great reminder that they are flooding us this year and not to be open quick to jump on release day if you don’t actually love a CW!

(Bait seattle for those curious and wanting to call to see if they’d phone order anything. Told me they had up to 9.5 left in BBs.)

I understand your dismay with this but honestly as someone who’s much more into retro sneakers, legacy models, and obscure head turners…. I feel like this is by far the most lengths gone to make it as close to anything original ever. The 2017 anniversary’s are like the picture of the Big Mac you see. The 86’s are how Big Macs used to be. Most am1 are the Big Macs you get a McDonald’s.
For some reason, this big bubble version looks like a “lite” version. Its very thin around ankle collar.

20230329_163055.jpg

what in the optical illusion??! came out nicely. these look far better than the flat earth editions you originally posted

OK so while I’ve been doing this hard for 33 yrs now, I’ve never been a huge AM1 guy. I’ve had pairs over the years but never cared enough to pay super close attention to the evolution of all the details as I do with many other models. So are these BBs accurate in shape to the true OG, or not? What’s the reality here in this debate about these vs the previous anniversary pair from a few years ago? Which toe/shape is actually correct? AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE ? Anyone?

I really hate the midsole. Makes it look bootleg.
Glad to know that I’m not the only one…
Just have seen someone wearing the Big Bubble on the train earlier today and I have to say…, that mid sole looked pretty damn weird…. Maybe, I’m too used seeing the recent midsole, but that one on somebody’s feet didn’t look any good to me…. Just a one’s opinion, but it surely made me think like “oh…, am glad that I didn’t copp this” for sure….

Back
Top Bottom