THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Since downsizing collection am now just wearing everything I can't bring myself to sell... chlorophylls went crumble town the other day, gonna get as much wear out of the cherrys before they go too
IMG_2348.JPG
Man that's what I'm talking about. Get down to 200 total and wear the **** out of like 20 pairs. It's so dumb that i have these 10+ year old shoes that have been a handful of times. I need to follow your lead.

Probably is but can't be bothered. Will become ornaments at this point. There's only a two year diff between cherry and chloros but bubbles on cherry's in great shape compared - diff factories I think.
Two years? Check those size tags imo. You probably meant 2 months. Definitely different factories.

Chloro
20230606_210413.jpg

Cherrys
20230606_210426.jpg

need to track down a factory in china where they can manufacture AM1 mid and outsoles, there is deff demand for AM1 parts for reviving old AM1 cws, everything and anything is up for sale in china when the price is right
The fake factories already have them being made, just need to find who that is and try to buy from them.

The fake factories already have them being made, just need to find who that is and try to buy from them.
why approach a rep factory while you can go to the designated factories that nike are using for their shoes ?? nike dont own these factories and they can basically sell the midsoles on the side without nike finding out

why approach a rep factory while you can go to the designated factories that nike are using for their shoes ?? nike dont own these factories and they can basically sell the midsoles on the side without nike finding out
You'd need someone on the ground to spend a long time building a relationship to get them backdoored from a Nike contracted factory. Would be much easier to just find a fake factory that's already making them. I'm surprised nobody has done it yet. You can probably buy them for a dew dollars and easily sell them for $50 a pop. There's definitely a market but honestly it's probably a very small market, most likely 100 or less per month.

Plus there's a window from 2013ish to to 2017 where noone would want to resole, too. So that would kill that market for a while.

The problem I have is that my perception of time is so warped. I copped some huarache lights 2014s thinking they were "recent" and then it hit me that's damn near 10 years old. Gotta start thinking about the glue in a few years.
Haha same. I noticed the other day that Curry retros are from 2018. That's already 5 years old! Anniversaries are 6 years old. Like I know what years they released, I can do the math, just doesn't feel like it until I sit down and think about it.

Oh man! This would be a game changer!

On a similar note, I just received the Time Warp donors from Farfetch. They’re actually partners with Stadium Goods!

I thought that I’d eventually get them for clearance prices, but I couldn’t find them at any US stores, so I pulled the trigger on resale at $174 shipped.

IMG_1684.jpeg

Haha same. I noticed the other day that Curry retros are from 2018. That's already 5 years old! Anniversaries are 6 years old. Like I know what years they released, I can do the math, just doesn't feel like it until I sit down and think about it.
The pandemic slowed a lot of wear time up for people as they stayed closer to home. It seems like those couple of years went by in a flash.

Two years? Check those size tags imo. You probably meant 2 months. Definitely different factories.

Chloro
20230606_210413.jpg

Cherrys
20230606_210426.jpg
Ha yeah - memory failing in old age :lol:.. always think of Chloro as 08 and Cherry 2010, with that being said the difference is crazy, not sure what your pairs are like. Vietnam make better air units (or did) than Thailand by far ha
IMG_2359.JPG

In regards to sizing collection down - go for it. 200 pairs is way too much imo, am aiming for 50 max. They'll all be dust so rock them all.

I’m nowhere near 200 and 50 sounds like more than enough. When I find myself looking to buy more I sometimes say out loud “damn, how many feet do you have???!!”.

It also helps to leave pairs out so its clearer that you have shoes just waiting to be worn. So you can’t “outta sight, outta mind” another purchase.

I’m nowhere near 200 and 50 sounds like more than enough. When I find myself looking to buy more I sometimes say out loud “damn, how many feet do you have???!!”.

It also helps to leave pairs out so its clearer that you have shoes just waiting to be worn. So you can’t “outta sight, outta mind” another purchase.
I have managed to stop copping any new pairs. Am enjoying the collection more now I've stopped. I stared feeling bad buying new pairs mainly cause it was so unnecessary. I have every shoe I ever wanted so buying more seemed like some kind of addiction, also there are ethical factors which I won't go into here. Feels so good to just let every release slide by after years of chasing drops - freeing almost ha

Ha yeah - memory failing in old age :lol:.. always think of Chloro as 08 and Cherry 2010, with that being said the difference is crazy, not sure what your pairs are like. Vietnam make better air units (or did) than Thailand by far ha
IMG_2359.JPG

In regards to sizing collection down - go for it. 200 pairs is way too much imo, am aiming for 50 max. They'll all be dust so rock them all.
Knock on wood but both of my bubbles seem OK for now

20230607_090942.jpg

My issue is the glue on the Cherrys. I have them scheduled for a re-glue and possible swap if the sole looks bad when they take it off.

20230607_091022.jpg

I had a few pairs of og red that were beat up pretty bad. Almost just donated them bc the toebox was pretty damn dirty and one had a stain where something had dripped on it. Figured I'd try to wash and see how they turned out. I'm shocked at how clean they came. Just scrubbed them a little with a soft brush and shoe cleaner, put them in a linen bag, set machine to warm/extra soak/light spin, and they came out great imo. Left is 100, right is 103.

Excuse the mess, rearranging my room.

20230607_090719.jpg
20230607_090819.jpg

Back
Top Bottom