THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

So now we’re going so far as to call shoes like Deion’s and Bo Jackson cross trainers “turf shoes”? Although they technically are, who actually ever referred to them as that in the 90’s? Those were always worn casually just like basketball shoes, tennis shoes and running shoes etc. Not even close to wearing a golf shoe casually lol. Golf shoes have spikes on the outsole.

Last edited:
96BCBF40-259C-4048-AA72-7E8615EBFDF6.jpeg

Solar red clots today.

So now we’re going so far as to call shoes like Deion’s and Bo Jackson cross trainers “turf shoes”? Although they technically are, who actually ever referred to them as that in the 90’s? Those were always worn casually just like basketball shoes, tennis shoes and running shoes etc. Not even close to wearing a golf shoe casually lol. Golf shoes have spikes on the outsole.
I mean :lol:

1689607355202.png

Comparing golf shoes of today to spiked wing tips from 1995 or even Tiger golf shoes from the 2000's is really dumb. Today's golf shoes are very similar to a Deion or a Barry Sanders shoe and those were always made to be worn on turf and were worn casually. Nike blurred the line between golf shoes and lifestyle shoes when they started retro'ing running and basketball shoes into turf shoes with rubber soles. Some wear on course, some wear casually. Who gives a ****?: Wear what you like.

Comparing golf shoes of today to spiked wing tips from 1995 or even Tiger golf shoes from the 2000's is really dumb. Today's golf shoes are very similar to a Deion or a Barry Sanders shoe and those were always made to be worn on turf and were worn casually. Nike blurred the line between golf shoes and lifestyle shoes when they started retro'ing running and basketball shoes into turf shoes with rubber soles. Some wear on course, some wear casually. Who gives a ****?: Wear what you like.

You’re so basic minded it’s sad. You don’t even make sense. So now golf shoes are turf shoes? Gaslighting all over the place like the typical goofball you are. I literally addressed the fact that Deion’s are technically turf shoes in my statement yet nobody in the 90’s coming up referred to them as such as everyone wore them casually like they did with basketball/running shoes and you know exactly what I’m saying here but you’re so eager to be indifferent against me and get off a cheap shot for a cheap “like” that you post this nonsense in response. Subjecting yourself to saying “Nike blurred the lines” knowing that’s complete bs as you typed it. Nike labeled them “Golf” and put spikes on the bottom because they’re made to play golf in grass, not turf. Deion and Barry Sanders are not at all similar to “todays” Nike golf shoes. No way you’re this slow.

Last edited:
You’re so basic minded it’s sad. You don’t even make sense. So now golf shoes are turf shoes? Gaslighting all over the place like the typical goofball you are. I literally addressed the fact that Deion’s are technically turf shoes in my statement yet nobody in the 90’s coming up referred to them as such as everyone wore them casually like they did with basketball/running shoes and you know exactly what I’m saying here but you’re so eager to be indifferent against me and get off a cheap shot for a cheap “like” that you post this nonsense in response. Subjecting yourself to saying “Nike blurred the lines” knowing that’s complete bs as you typed it. Nike labeled them “Golf” and put spikes on the bottom because they’re made to play golf in grass, not turf. Deion and Barry Sanders are not at all similar to “todays” Nike golf shoes. No way you’re this slow.
It’s hilarious that people buying golf shoes for casual use is really putting your panties in a bunch. :rofl:

The fact that you have to resort to 3rd grade name calling when presented with facts is very telling.

They were literally always called Diamond Turfs. It's literally their name. It's right there on the tongue. You may have called them something else but saying nobody called them turf shoes is factually wrong. Nike literally called them turf shoes. And people have worn them casually for 30+ years.

There are no spikes on the current am1 golf shoes. It's a full rubber sole.

This is golf spikes:

1689612350785.png

1689612374017.png

1689612505137.png

AM1 Golf sole:
1689612630412.png

I'm sorry you don't know the difference in spikes and turf shoes but that's on you. There's no gaslighting, it's just you don't know what you're talking about.

It’s hilarious that people buying golf shoes for casual use is really putting your panties in a bunch. :rofl:
Here you go with the co-sign slurp. Listen dude, folks can buy whatever the hell they like just don’t try to pass your shoes off like you’re rocking some real Air Maxes or Air Jordan’s and then try to say they’re somehow better than the actual real deal. Go ahead though. Bring on the slurp fest. That’s what some of y’all in here love to do so it’s expected.

The fact that you have to resort to 3rd grade name calling when presented with facts is very telling.

They were literally always called Diamond Turfs. It's literally their name. It's right there on the tongue. You may have called them something else but saying nobody called them turf shoes is factually wrong. Nike literally called them turf shoes. And people have worn them casually for 30+ years.

There are no spikes on the current am1 golf shoes. It's a full rubber sole.

This is golf spikes:

1689612350785.png

1689612374017.png

1689612505137.png

AM1 Golf sole:
1689612630412.png

I'm sorry you don't know the difference in spikes and turf shoes but that's on you. There's no gaslighting, it's just you don't know what you're talking about.
Do you even read your own post before you post them? You literally called me dumb in your very first sentence lol smh.

Here you go with the co-sign slurp. Listen dude, folks can buy whatever the hell they like just don’t try to pass your shoes off like you’re rocking some real Air Maxes or Air Jordan’s and then try to say they’re somehow better than the actual real deal. Go ahead though. Bring on the slurp fest. That’s what some of y’all in here love to do so it’s expected.
Literally no one on this thread is trying to say the golf version is better that the original version. He just said he preferred the shape on the golf shoes more than the regular one. It’s his personal preference. Why you so triggered about it? What did golf shoes ever do to you? :rofl:

Not jumping into this weird beef, but I wish they did an actual spiked pair of AM1 golf’s (and Jordan 1 lows). I just can’t do spikeless, too many early morning dewy rounds where you slip otherwise. I’ve got like 4 pairs of the old Nike lunar control golf shoes cuz they were light, comfy lunar, AND have actual traction.

Do you even read your own post before you post them? You literally called me dumb in your very first sentence lol smh.

No, I did not.

Comparing golf shoes of today to spiked wing tips from 1995 or even Tiger golf shoes from the 2000's is really dumb.

There's a difference in saying an action is dumb and a personal insult. One is having a discussion, one is a childish retort out of anger.

Not jumping into this weird beef, but I wish they did an actual spiked pair of AM1 golf’s (and Jordan 1 lows). I just can’t do spikeless, too many early morning dewy rounds where you slip otherwise. I’ve got like 4 pairs of the old Nike lunar control golf shoes cuz they were light, comfy lunar, AND have actual traction.
Yea they've done is some Jordan highs but I think you're right, haven't seen it on lows.

Back
Top Bottom