THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Finally received some decent laces to fit these. Still unsure between olive and black.
Went for a bit of a Jedi/Yoda vibe on these

IMG_2296.jpeg
IMG_2297.jpeg
IMG_2298.jpeg
Have any sail laces? Would like to see that option. But on the above, definitely olive.

what's wrong with flipping a few pairs every week to pay for your habit🤷‍♂️? That was definitely me in 2017-2020. Got married and while acclimating to the new budget I started flipping outlet and hash wall finds. Wasn't trying to crack heads. If the lowest bid was enough to cover my pair I'd sell it on one of the apps often before I even got to the cash register and have my pair covered in full or at least partially. Then in 2020 once stores started to open back up there were ridiculous steals. A local Footlocker had NB 990V4s down to $50. They were already $75 before the pandemic. Bought as many as I could put in the trunk and did the same with similar deals that summer. That helped cover NICU hospital bills for my new born twins and a new AC unit.

That summer kind of eased my judgments on resellers. Not all of them are corny goofballs price gouging a culture they don't care about or even know about. Met a dude who had a heart condition and couldn't work a regular job. Did Uber but, had a pace maker added and couldn't drive anymore. So he just got dropped off at stores and bought shoes and clothes on sale to flip. Not all bad people. Definitely some jerks and cornballs though. Once my daughter came home I stopped flipping and just sold off a huge chunk of my collection to make room in the nursery/my former sneaker room.
My personal feeling is that if I’m trying to flip pairs in a few weeks time then I bought shoes another person probably would have liked one pair of and got none.

I’m not here to tell anyone how to live, but if you’re grabbing release day pairs to flip for $20-$30 and have no interest in holding them long term you’re contributing to the problem many of us have/do face getting pairs for retail and stress free.

Grabbing outlet shoes and discounted stuff sounds like a different thing to me altogether. I just take issue with people who claim to be part of the community and their job is so terrible they need to sell 3-4 more pairs for each one they buy. This is a luxury hobby. Getting in my way of buying to make it an affordable hobby is akin to people who go out to restaurants and don’t tip. Stay home and out of the way of people trying to live their lives

I just take issue with people who claim to be part of the community and their job is so terrible they need to sell 3-4 more pairs for each one they buy. This is a luxury hobby. Getting in my way of buying to make it an affordable hobby is akin to people who go out to restaurants and don’t tip. Stay home and out of the way of people trying to live their lives
Is this where we are? Is that what this is about? I really hope not. 12 year old me certainly didn't view it that way.

If I'm being honest, I have way more respect for the 19 year kid that hustles and makes $40 a pair off 5 shoes so he can stand in line to get the new AJ1 he wants really bad more than someone that can drop the $400 resell after release without blinking. I'm the latter fwiw. The guy that couldn't care less about shoes but is flipping shoes irks me a bit but I don't know that man's situation. Maybe he's doing it to buy diapers. If so, good on him.

You're basically saying this community is only for the well off and privileged group. I couldn't disagree more.

Funny how they took down the black nubuck and smoke grey nubuck options, but I'm able to reorder pairs I made with those materials with no issues.

Got a few pairs yesterday thinking they would switch the nubuck to leather, but it's all there.

They need to just put them back up there and stop the shenanigans
Are you able to create new pairs with the black nubuck or only able to re-order? Would love to custom a black nubuck pair but I don’t have the option :frown:

Funny how they took down the black nubuck and smoke grey nubuck options, but I'm able to reorder pairs I made with those materials with no issues.

Got a few pairs yesterday thinking they would switch the nubuck to leather, but it's all there.

They need to just put them back up there and stop the shenanigans

Yea I had some pairs in my cart before they removed the options and they went through fine. But everytime I try to add another pair to my cart the options switch on the mockup. Got 1 more pair I need to exchange.

I thought I remember reading, some people that kept pairs in their cart for an extended period of time the materials would change.?The suede options would turn to leather option in the same color.

Has anyone returned ByYous or anything I guess for that matter, that you have used BeFrugal to purchase? I returned 4 out of 6 pairs I ordered and they sent me an email about an investigation or something and they took all my cash back money away. Wondering if anyone’s dealt with something like that before? I did contact them but wanted to see if anyone in here has dealt with similar thing

Back
Top Bottom