THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

IMG_0562.jpeg

Several artists have made their mark over the years using the Air Max 1 as their ‘canvas’ — but is Piet Parra, with his iconic signature and distinctive color palettes, the king of all "Air Max 1 artist collaborators”?

Attachments

• SB_Instagram_1440x1440_Parra.png
    SB_Instagram_1440x1440_Parra.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,001
illustrayt illustrayt You always seem to be involved with making your own homemade art projects using air max 1s. I see you didn't think Parra's is the most prolific AM1 artist collaborator over the years either. In your opinion, who is then?

the AM1 silhouette lends itself to some of the best collabs across all of nike. piet parra doesn’t miss but the collabs with atmos, patta and concepts have been just as strong imo
I don't disagree with those collabs being strong - however, those you mention are all retail outlets, not artists (as I was referring to).

As a whole, parra is probably the best collaborator for AM1. Sure there's probably a better collab you can point to but it's gonna be a one off. No one else has the depth. I'm not even sure collabs like patta or atmos were all designed by the same person.

"Artists" sounds like an effort to gatekeep. Nike does collabs with musicians and athletes all the time. Does that make them "artists"?
Huh? What are you talking about? I was just asking, out of the various artist specific collaborations that have been made with the Air Max 1, do you guys think Parra stands at the top? I don't know what you think I'm trying to "gatekeep" by asking that. It's a simple question. Debating what general collabs are better is a different thing altogether. I was just curious of others' opinion. Guys like Parra, Ben Drury, Jon Burgerman and Dave White, for example, have all made great AM1 collaborations.

"Artists" sounds like an effort to gatekeep. Nike does collabs with musicians and athletes all the time. Does that make them "artists"?
I wouldn't normally refer to athletes as 'artists', but sure, for the sake of this question, feel free to include any musician and athlete collabs that have been made using the AM1. Of the top of my head I can only think of one athlete collaborator (Serena WIlliams), while a couple more have been made as tributes to various athletes (Hicham El Guerrouj and Maria Sharapova, for example). As for musician collabs, I can only think of the "Big Proof/Eminem" ones.

I wouldn't normally refer to athletes as 'artists', but sure, for the sake of this question, feel free to include any musician and athlete collabs that have been made using the AM1. Of the top of my head I can only think of one athlete collaborator (Serena WIlliams), while a couple more have been made as tributes to various athletes (Hicham El Guerrouj and Maria Sharapova, for example). As for musician collabs, I can only think of the "Big Proof/Eminem" ones.

Travis scott, lebron, swipa, Prefontaine tributes to name a few more. Obviously none anywhere near parra.

On another note, a soccer club and an NBA star collaborating on a running shoe was the strangest thing ever.

Travis scott, lebron, swipa, Prefontaine tributes to name a few more. Obviously none anywhere near parra.

On another note, a soccer club and an NBA star collaborating on a running shoe was the strangest thing ever.
Yeah, good ones (although whether the Travis Scott pairs are actually AM1s is debatable 😜). As for the LeBron Liverpool pair - yeah, that was a bit odd. I mean, I know LeBron has long had a personal affinity for AM1s, so maybe that's why? Also, doesn't he have some ownership stake in the club?

Back
Top Bottom