THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

It doesn't have the flying duck but the tongue is DOAF (ducks of a feather) and the heel is Once a Duck, Always a Duck. That's the motto of the Order of the O, the Oregon athletes alumni club. So it's not as obvious but it's definitely Oregon branded. They made hoodies with that saying and the rainbow duck.

hoodies.png
oh, i got that initially.

to me, the colorway just doesnt say "U of O" in the same way that the tinker NFT pair says "U of O"

when i say that, i am really speaking of the colors used and the execution of the colorway, not really the branding.

i guess i am used to seeing green/yellow, shades of silver, black etc and less "earth tones"

IMO

I'm looking my old iDs from the "dark ages" (2010-2016), specifically at the mudguard shape/silhouette.I couldn't help but notice that it looks VERY similar to the 86s' mudguard with its overall shape (sans the cliff toe on the older AM1s); the way the mudguard slims/narrows just under the Swoosh. Could the AM1s from 2010 through 2016 be modeled/molded after the 86s this whole time?! lol

oh, i got that initially.

to me, the colorway just doesnt say "U of O" in the same way that the tinker NFT pair says "U of O"

when i say that, i am really speaking of the colors used and the execution of the colorway, not really the branding.

i guess i am used to seeing green/yellow, shades of silver, black etc and less "earth tones"

IMO
Ahh got you, makes sense. Definitely deviates from the traditional Oregon color scheme but man the materials and colors work so well together. Like you said earlier, it's a semi mass produced bespoke.

Regarding the current NBY palette.

I wish the Quarter had the Metallic Leather option... because Metallic Silver (under regular leather) isn't as METALLIC as the Pure Platinum Metallic Leather option. It does NOT have as MUCH of that METALLIC sheen as the Pure Platinum.

I'm looking my old iDs from the "dark ages" (2010-2016), specifically at the mudguard shape/silhouette.I couldn't help but notice that it looks VERY similar to the 86s' mudguard with its overall shape (sans the cliff toe on the older AM1s); the way the mudguard slims/narrows just under the Swoosh. Could the AM1s from 2010 through 2016 be modeled/molded after the 86s this whole time?! lol
thats one of my biggest gripe with the '86.

some AM1 fans have fought too hard about that mudguard to just return to it just because they made the bubble bigger.

IMO

Nothing on SNKRS EU for the volt pair any it’s past 15.26pm where I’m at. See this being an Asia exclusive

Back
Top Bottom