THE OFFICIAL AIR MAX 1 THREAD

Finally found a pair at a good price.
IMG_1461.jpeg

Are the obsidians dark navy blue or black? Obsidian is a shade of black but normally Nike uses it for dark navy.
Dark navy blue. I think that's always the case with Nike fwiw.
Always thought that they are dark navy, but I also have to admit that I’ve never seen someone other than Nike using this term as the name of the color…

Disagree. I can overlook the burlap, but the colors on the OG were perfect. Plus a real crepe sole. IMO as well of course.

FHuFqdhWUAAHKuc
The retro is one of my favorite air maxes in recent years and super underrated. But I agree, the crepe and the burlap on the OGs were definitely missed as well as the rich colors. Still dope though.

Both fire, no doubt. Personally I prefer the new ones tho.
Pure aesthetics, I'll go with the og. But they weren't wearable for long before the toebox tore so 2.0 is the easy call here imo. Function has to matter.

You guys are definitely entitled to your opinions, everyone is allowed to be wrong if they want to be.

jk, jk. :lol:

Obsidians are dark navy blue
That was what I thought till I googled…. Google’s AI says that it actually is supposed to be either black or grey since the term comes from the stone of “obsidian”, so blue-ish one should be Obsidian Blue….

Obsidian is supposed to be black, but Nike has used it to describe the darkest navy blue.

Can anyone who has purchased the above Obsidian AM1’s confirm that it is navy blue and not black on the shoe?

Replacement laces, yes I know another post about laces. Looking for laces for the anniversary pairs, evergreens, magmas, in white. Also is the correct length for 10/10.5us 54"?

AliExpress is a good economical choice for spares. IIRC, it’s <$1 for a pair. I go with 120cm (~47”), as I like to lace my AM1s up until right before the eyelet.

If you want to lace up all the way, go with 140cm (~55”)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom