The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

i like One Piece because i like Luffy.

you know that saying " he who believes life is a tragedy, but he who thinks believes life is a comedy"

i think luffy is like that..everything is a comedy...until it comes to the people you love....nakama....then all that **** goes out the window....

and i like the idea that he is a dreamer, who has a goal, and no matter who gets in his way, or who makes fun of him for his dream, son is still one thousand percent confident that he will reach his goal. i like that a lot.

i like that he's ridiculous but when **** hits the fan....hes all business. like this

i can relate to this guy 8)
Luffy is severely mentally challenged

lol kishimoto messed up his own series by hating the main character while sucking off the supporting one(sasuke)

Naruto is an embarrasing main character. Dude has literally 0 skill after all that training only thing ***** can do is a rasengan and shadow clones. Straight trash meanwhile sasuke can do any and everything in the book :smh: I swear he shoulda just named the **** sasuke and made it about him
naruto really wasn't the main character until the end. Ex Goku is the main character of DBZ. Little action happens when he's not around

The first full arc of naruto was more about the mystery of kakashi, sharingan and explaining the ninja world than naruto. The Chuunin exams were about Sasuke and orochimaru. Itachi invades for Sasuke. Sasuke retrieval arc is about Sasuke etc. part of is about the search for Sasuke and he even gets more screen time for a lot of the first few arcs. He defeats the most Akatsuki members

Naruto is really about the Uchihas and ninja clans with a goofy kid thrown in to be the foil to the real main character

Last edited:
Just finished Kenshin Trust & Betrayal

Thought it was both beautiful and gangsta at the same time. It was so good that's it's something I feel I can recommend to friends that aren't even into anime.

Just finished Kenshin Trust & Betrayal

Thought it was both beautiful and gangsta at the same time. It was so good that's it's something I feel I can recommend to friends that aren't even into anime.

word that ho was amazing :smh:

lol kishimoto messed up his own series by hating the main character while sucking off the supporting one(sasuke)

Naruto is an embarrasing main character. Dude has literally 0 skill after all that training only thing ***** can do is a rasengan and shadow clones. Straight trash meanwhile sasuke can do any and everything in the book :smh: I swear he shoulda just named the **** sasuke and made it about him
i guess that may be true but what about the fact that he can control the 9 tails. Isn't the story of Naruto not about how powerful he is but how for whatever reason he wins because of "his ninja way." I've only watched the anime so maybe I don't get the full experience compared to the manga so i don't know.

And the strongest Tailed Beast inside him. And his super powerful Uzumaki DNA. And being the reincarnation of the Sage of Six Paths youngest son. And being the destined child of two different prophecies.

And the strongest Tailed Beast inside him. And his super powerful Uzumaki DNA. And being the reincarnation of the Sage of Six Paths youngest son. And being the destined child of two different prophecies.

And somehow ***** still doesn't even half decent ninjutsu just a boat load of chakra and 150 million useless shadow clones :smh:

I love naruto btw, one of my all time favs but as soon as shippuuden started I knew the sasuke circle jerk story line was gonna be too much for me :x

And somehow ***** still doesn't even half decent ninjutsu just a boat load of chakra and 150 million useless shadow clones :smh:

I love naruto btw, one of my all time favs but as soon as shippuuden started I knew the sasuke circle jerk story line was gonna be too much for me :x
I honestly never realized how Sasuke was so overpowered. I think I was just so focused on Naruto and him having the Nine Tails that I never really realized how strong Sasuke was. I get that he was legit strong but in all the fights of Sasuke vs. ____ I never thought that OK That's just unfair or at least I don't recall ever thinking that.

One thing I always thought was cool about naruto was the idea of all these different clans But in the end they all turn out to be weird 3rd cousins and Sasuke and naruto are literally brothers [emoji]128533[/emoji]

I think the first half of Naruto, as in the first half that the series was running for, was great. After Pein there was a steady drop in quality and the series never recovered from it. The increased focus on Sasuke was certainly a factor in that.

I'd say part 1 of naruto may be up there with the goats. It was fresh, inventive compelling characters and stories. Then Kishi forgot how to write

Like imo when it comes to almost perfection and compelling shounen arcs etc the whole of naruto part one is up there with

-namek saga
- yuyu hakusho dark tournament
- bleach soul society arc
- yorknew
- chimera ant

Last edited:
I'd say part 1 of naruto may be up there with the goats. It was fresh, inventive compelling characters and stories. Then Kishi forgot how to write

Agreed. Lit character designs !!

I think the first half of Naruto, as in the first half that the series was running for, was great. After Pein there was a steady drop in quality and the series never recovered from it. The increased focus on Sasuke was certainly a factor in that.

Yeah I'm in the minority but I didn't like itachi turning into a good guy etiher. Sounded like the whole story wasn't planned out

Nah Itachi being good was planned from jump; Kishi said so himself.

There's an early as **** reference to Itachi possibly being good in chapter 7. Go back and read it; Sasuke alludes to the fact that Itachi was seen crying after the massacre (a fact that was not fully revealed until after Itachi died like 300 chapters later).

Also there were too many suspicious situations with Itachi in Part I, too many times where he had all the reason to kill someone but just let them go (granted after hurting them to keep up appearances), and also the obvious fact that he never fought anyone seriously--just ****** around a bit and then ran away.

Then when you read Sasuke's flashback at the end of Part I and see how Itachi's family interacted with him plus some more context for his behavior before the massacre, I think it was clear that there was more to him than meets the eye.

Last edited:
Yeah, Itachi being good wasn't out of left field. Really, I think that Itachi's character is an example of solid writing on Kishi's part, as far as the reveal about his loyalties go, because it was written in a way that he could have been either good or bad and either way makes sense based on the foundation that Kishi's laid for him beforehand. Overall, I think Kishi handled him far better than he did other characters, like Obito for example.

Nah Itachi being good was planned from jump; Kishi said so himself.

There's an early as **** reference to Itachi possibly being good in chapter 7. Go back and read it; Sasuke alludes to the fact that Itachi was seen crying after the massacre (a fact that was not fully revealed until after Itachi died like 300 chapters later).

Also there were too many suspicious situations with Itachi in Part I, too many times where he had all the reason to kill someone but just let them go (granted after hurting them to keep up appearances), and also the obvious fact that he never fought anyone seriously--just ****** around a bit and then ran away.

Then when you read Sasuke's flashback at the end of Part I and see how Itachi's family interacted with him plus some more context for his behavior before the massacre, I think it was clear that there was more to him than meets the eye.

Last edited:
Yeah. Itachi was cemented as a good guy back in part 1 when he actively didn't kill Kakashi, Guy, kurenai, Asuma, jitaiya etc. no other "villain" would spare some many people

Itachi always gave off the anti-hero vibe to me cuz he was always just ******* around with people. Dude took nothing seriously. Bad guys generally try their hardest to kill you. Itachi never even looked like he was trying. Even when he fought sasuke he spent a good chunk of the fight just messing with him

Back
Top Bottom