The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Oic. So I gotta get past the hueco Mundo arc, I’m currently a bit past midway of that arc. I just finished the episodes where you see how Aiken started the hollowfication on some of the other squad members. How weird does the anime get? Also did the anime ever actually finish exactly like the manga or it was canceled before the actual end?

Oic. So I gotta get past the hueco Mundo arc, I’m currently a bit past midway of that arc. I just finished the episodes where you see how Aiken started the hollowfication on some of the other squad members. How weird does the anime get? Also did the anime ever actually finish exactly like the manga or it was canceled before the actual end?
Anime stops after the whole aizen thing ends

Reactions: Ube
One Piece

Those assassins they are gonna send are gonna get bodied. :lol:
I wonder who that woman is. I saw quite a few people say that it might be Hancock but I'm not sure it can be her. And that last page has me interested in the shogun's identity as well.

For some reason Oda is great at writing female children characters.

Kyoshiro is interesting to me. I hope he is a legit threat in the arc and not a bum. Hopefully the assassins Queen sends aren't scrubs. We have yet to see Killer this arc, so what is he gets sent, assuming he's working for kaido and looking for an opportunity to break Kid free.

We're going to get to see Robin's spy work in action I hope. Looks like Orochi could actually be a Yamata no Orochi. I wonder if Komurasaki is Momo's sister. If she didn't get transported forward in time by her mother she'd be in her 20s. I doubt it, but it could be an interesting development

Franky coming with the wrestling moves. I hope he brings back Franky boxing as well.

Tsukada has successfully ruined BLUE, an event he built up over years to be one of the pinnacle events for the series. How did all these scrub chefs, that have never developed a specialty and have only heard of one make it, but apparently former and current elite 10 members couldn't make it. You're telling me in the "vast world" of cooking the series claims exists the only good light chefs are Toosuki students? This is a joke.

And what exactly makes these chefs dark? They use ridiculous techniques and can cook under any type of pressure because if they mess up their boss kills them? It should be that they cook with illegal ingredients or something. Regular chefs cook under immense pressure of bad reviews, losing their job, damage to their reputation, ruining the flow of the kitchen, their restaurant closing if they don't performing and losing their livelihood and their employee's livelihood. These light chefs have no pride. And how is it supernatural skill to develop a specialty in cooking?

This makes no sense. If Tsukada wanted to bring in a bunch of unconventional and edgy characters he should have left it separate from BLUE. Right now Food Wars has lost a lot of what made it a great series.

Announcement from Shounen Jump:

Dear Weekly Shonen Jump Member,

I love manga and I’ve built my life around it, from years as editor in chief of the Japanese Weekly Shonen Jump to leading our American and English-language efforts. I strongly believe that manga can change lives, and that’s why I’m on a global mission to make manga accessible to the largest readership possible.

In the past we transitioned from a print magazine to a digital magazine. Over the last year or so, we’ve posted free chapters, and from these efforts we’ve learned that free access allows more people to read manga. We are always striving to improve how we give fans their favorite stories and characters on the same day as their debut in Japan.

And now we are excited to announce the launch of a new Shonen Jump featuring free manga starting December 17, 2018. I wanted to tell you, our loyal members, first.

The free manga will be legitimate, authentic and safe. And it will come out the same day as Japan. You can go to the Shonen Jump website or app and read the newest manga for free.

As a paid member, you will now have access to the latest chapters as well as the digital vault of nearly everything Shonen Jump has ever released in English. That’s over 10,000 chapters of manga!Please follow this link for more information. I think you will be happy to read so much manga while supporting the creators.

I hope you will support the new Shonen Jump.

– Hisashi SASAKI, Vice President, Global Shonen Jump

I didnt really have much of a problem with the whole dark chefs thing until I saw someone juggling while cooking. I'm done with this ****.
The chainsaw I was willing to overlook but the juggling and the ******* guillotine went too far. This gimmicky **** just aint it.

I will support. Idk how free equals paid subscription tho

If you have a paid subscription which is $2 a month, you get access to all the backlog and archived copies of english jump that are available. The chapters will come out on Monday, same day as Japan, but still later than when the scans drop online.

I didnt really have much of a problem with the whole dark chefs thing until I saw someone juggling while cooking. I'm done with this ****.
The chainsaw I was willing to overlook but the juggling and the ****ing guillotine went too far. This gimmicky **** just aint it.

Just last week I was talking about all the directions they could have taken the manga and it be better than this. None of this stuff is anything a light chef couldn't learn. Also, why are all the light chefs bums they pulled off the street? Seems weird at the premier cooking competition. Also there's tons of legit real world techniques they haven't explored. Seems bizarre they went to this extreme.

I wonder if his ratings in Jump were dropping so he rushed into this or if he's just lost it. Soma seems to have regressed and a lot of the magic of the series is gone.

Just last week I was talking about all the directions they could have taken the manga and it be better than this. None of this stuff is anything a light chef couldn't learn. Also, why are all the light chefs bums they pulled off the street? Seems weird at the premier cooking competition. Also there's tons of legit real world techniques they haven't explored. Seems bizarre they went to this extreme.

I wonder if his ratings in Jump were dropping so he rushed into this or if he's just lost it. Soma seems to have regressed and a lot of the magic of the series is gone.
Saw someone say he'd introduce nen in the next chapter :lol: He's clearly grasping for something right now. If this keeps up we might get Yakitake all over again.

Saw someone say he'd introduce nen in the next chapter :lol: He's clearly grasping for something right now. If this keeps up we might get Yakitake all over again.

I wouldn't be surprise if he introduced something ridiculous like that right now since apparently only superhumans can cook well and have specialty cooking styles and dishes. I see people arguing that this isn't too over the top and it's okay cause it's shonen and there's already supernatural powers like Hayama's sense of smell, Erina's god tongue, and clothes bursting off, like those are at all the same as what we're seeing here. This paired with bad set up and writing idk if you get that leeway to say oh it's just shonen. Usually when mangaka make drastic changes and rush arcs like this it's desperation due to poor ratings, but the series I believe sells fairly well, it's been running for almost 300 chapters, and has an anime, I'd be surprised if they didn't give him some room to build an arc and recover without going this route. The RdC arcs was pretty weak, but this is wild.

Man this sanji cake plot in one piece has got to be one of the worst plots in one piece....Oda really dropped the ball on that one. Wonder if the anime is going to add some stuff to make it better

Man this sanji cake plot in one piece has got to be one of the worst plots in one piece....Oda really dropped the ball on that one. Wonder if the anime is going to add some stuff to make it better
How is stopping Big Mom's rampage by giving her what she wants a bad thing?

To all the Gosu readers in here, it appears that the manwha is gonna go on permanent hiatus due to the authors battle with cancer. |l

Back
Top Bottom