The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Garou:
giphy.gif
I'm reading the comic right now where the s-class heroes are going against the monster association underground.

Garou is clearly getting stronger but fam got washed by homey in the dog costume :lol: Highly doubt he beating Blast either.

Last edited:
Good chapter - I like how Horikoshi's approach to backstories in this manga. He's no Oda (who has a super unique style) but I appreciate the realism in the context of the setting. Abandonment issues becoming abusive behavior, to sustaining significant abuse and enough cognitive dissonance to activate a quirk that surely is only going to make things even more confusing. I'm excited to see how Shigaraki's character deepens with the return of all of his memories. Also excited to see Gigantomachia **** **** up.

Not gonna lie though - I do miss Deku. Jury is still out IMO on him having 6 different quirks all of a sudden, but we'll see how Horikoshi handles it - he's been masterful so far. This Villain training arc is hype though. Twice is going to be a PROBLEM.
You're right on all fronts. What makes the backstory even more tragic than normal is that it appears that his father was done playing the villain (ironic) and was going to tell the kids the truth there at the end of the chapter right as Shigaraki's powers manifested. Maybe he wont have a need to keep all those hands on him after this arc, or maybe he can use them as extensions of his powers like he did recently.

I'm reading the comic right now where the s-class heroes are going against the momster association underground.

Garou is clearly getting stronger but fam got washed by homey in the dog costume :lol: Highly doubt he beating Blast either.

Garou beats every S class hero when he goes to his final form. (except Blast since he still hasnt shown up yet).

Watchdog Man is funny and dope at the same time.
Zoo.png
watchdog-garou-1172896.jpeg

the theory is that watchdog man is actually a dog monster disguised as a human wearing a dog suit lol

Garou beats every S class hero when he goes to his final form. (except Blast since he still hasnt shown up yet).
I now see you said webcomic.

I dont know how y'all can read that stuff with the ****** art. Takes me back to Togashi being sick but still drawing chapters of Hunter×Hunter :smh:

I look forward to this Garou arc though.

Hey for all one piece fans, at one point in the anime does it get really good and just really catches your attention? I’m on episode 32 right now (still learning about Nami and her past life) and it only has me on an it’s okay level unlike with Naruto/Shippuden I was interested from the get go.

Hey for all one piece fans, at one point in the anime does it get really good and just really catches your attention? I’m on episode 32 right now (still learning about Nami and her past life) and it only has me on an it’s okay level unlike with Naruto/Shippuden I was interested from the get go.
It gets absolutely epic. Takes a while though.

The arc you're on is when most people really get into it. For some people it's right away, for some it's the first major arc, Alabasta. Depends what pulls you in about a story.

Read the manga.

I've totally forgot the order of nakama joining but the Baratie arc was dope. Mihawk shows up there.

Other than that I'd you gotta keep watching cuz it hits it stride when they're about to go to the firdt half of the grandline and Smoker is chasing Luffy around town.

I was pretty much hooked when Zoro joined though. For me I got Oda (the creator? and OP being way better than Naruto and Bleach (and their creators Kishi and Kubo) which usually get mentioned altogether.

Last edited:
So far the only two characters I like are sanji and Zoro. Luffy is just whatever to me. I’m kinda into it but also just meh. it seems like a really slow paced anime but maybe it’s just cuz I’m expecting some super hyped **** cuz I’ve seen some of the more recent fights and it looks hype.

my be time for my quarterly MHA catch up
Probably. You'd like the latest arc in that there's absolutely no Deku lol

Also just wanted to say that I'm reading Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer) and, while it's a lot of fun, it's nowhere near the all-time great shounen mangas. Honestly reminds me of Bleach with its random powerups, constantly escalating stakes, etc, but at least there's a consistent set of villains. The actual fundamental system behind their abilities is really interesting though - if the author had taken more time to flesh things out about the different characters and origins it could have been in the "greats" conversation. A fun read nonetheless.

WHAT THE **** IS HAPPENINGGGGGG!!!??!?!?!?!??!?!!!??!?!

Does Zeke get Eren's spinal fluid?! Does Falco or Reiner eat Eren and then touch Zeke?!?! What is going on!!!!??!?!?

Wish I had more demon slayer to watch (sad face) I watched one episode of a random show called “the time I got reincarnated as a slime”. It was weird but kinda good. Gonna watch some more tonight. The art showed a lotta thots but haven’t seen none yet. On diamond in jojos. It’s like they went from having one streamlined objective to now the shows kinda all over the place. The little segment with the chick with the hair is def super bizarre lol , my mans shoulda just hit that off rip though. I’ve been on the fight with doflamingo for a few months now. I can only do like one or two episodes a week because it’s soooo slow paced. Also watching one punch man (episode 10) not sure if I’m sold yet. Wanna find some more stuff might go back to yu yu and continue the show

After reading up to date on the OPM web comic, King is the one that needs his own spinoff :rofl:

Every scene of ppl making up reasons for why King is such a badass when he does nothing or is scared to death is hilarious :lol:

First he bull ****s his way out of fighting Atomic Samurai. Then Atomic Samurai asks him to cut an apple to get a read on his life, King cant even unsheath it and fam talking about he couldnt see him cut it and that the apple doesnt even know its been cut :rofl:

0109-016.png

0109-018.png
0109-020.png
0109-021.png

:rofl:

Last edited:
bro this jojo show is so crazy dudes be tripping. I tried to upload a screen recording of okayasu describing the water at the Italian restaurant but it wouldn’t let me. I been straight cracking up bro all episode.

Also watched those 2 episodes of dr stone. Show got some potential

Also keep in mind your watching almost a 20 year old anime, writing was different just like the animation is different from today. I had to take a break during the Thriller Bark arc in the anime. However I am caught up on the manga.

I was a fan since zoro was introduced. I am also one of the few that really like Alabasta and the barocue works fights with crocdile and company.. that arc was full of Lulz
After reading up to date on the OPM web comic, King is the one that needs his own spinoff :rofl:

Every scene of ppl making up reasons for why King is such a badass when he does nothing or is scared to death is hilarious :lol:

First he bull ****s his way out of fighting Atomic Samurai. Then Atomic Samurai asks him to cut an apple to get a read on his life, King cant even unsheath it and fam talking about he couldnt see him cut it and that the apple doesnt even know its been cut :rofl:

0109-016.png

0109-018.png
0109-020.png
0109-021.png

:rofl:
The art makes it even funnier. Is the web comic. the true story?

I was a fan since zoro was introduced. I am also one of the few that really like Alabasta and the barocue works fights with crocdile and company.. that arc was full of Lulz

Yes. The manga is just adapting the web comic while polishing up some plot points and obviously making it look better. You can read the web comic past the point the manga is at right now.

The web comic is the original. The author(s)/artist(s) called ONE (a pen name/pseudonym).

I didnt know it either but apparently One created the web comic and then later on Murata (the artist) basically turned the web comic in to a digital manga. Clearly he is the better artist.

Think of it like this, a manga is made, adapted in to an anime, then that anime has subtitles added for one version, and then the anime is dubbed over for an English audience. The manga is way ahead of the anime and the anime in the original language is way ahead of the dubbed version.

Given webcomics work differently page and chapter wise, it's about 2 full arcs ahead of the manga which is currently in the Monster Association/Hero Hunter Garou arc.

I had no idea webcomics of that quality could take off like that but I'm not surprised since I remember thinking Angel Denetsu had bad art but the story grabbed me despite that.

What manga chapters do the anime’s leave off at?

MHA: end of season 2
Black Clover: episode 90
One Punch Man: end of season 2

What manga chapters do the anime’s leave off at?

MHA: end of season 2
Black Clover: episode 90
One Punch Man: end of season 2
MHA S2: around chapter 69-70, but there is a third season if you want to watch
Black Clover: Around 142-143
OPM: The manga is around chapter 84-85, and the webcomic is around chapter 54-55

Back
Top Bottom