The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

i dont get how yall are into hunter x hunter. the pacing is so damn slow for basically no action. i completely lost interest after they didnt show the last part of the hunter exam. it basically felt like i was watching the part of dbz when gohan and krillin are trying to find namek :smh:

It gets Better bro

Finally finished Hanamonogatari

Thought it was great, but it's such a unique series that finishing one part just leaves me feeling empty. Like, who the hell knows when the next part will arrive? :lol:

Hxh on Netflix ? I want to watch the York new arc over again

Yes it is, and that arc is GOAT. I thought kurapika was sooo whack too :smh:

and like someone else said that's what also makes h x h great, the characters work and train, you see how they develop, and they lose sometimes. They don't just hop in a chamber or go off for a few days, and beat the villain. They'll train for months and still lose and that's the best part.

^thats why I love HSDK
this.

hell, even when Kenichi win...he still be washed 
laugh.gif
. its like most of his fights end in a draw, but, he's the first to get up.

i dont get how yall are into hunter x hunter. the pacing is so damn slow for basically no action. i completely lost interest after they didnt show the last part of the hunter exam. it basically felt like i was watching the part of dbz when gohan and krillin are trying to find namek :smh:

Crazy. It's the best long running shonen in my opinion. Pretty much flawless from my objective point of view. & the only time the pacing really slowed down was in the chimera ant arc, although it made sense since so much was happening at once.

Last edited:

i dont get how yall are into hunter x hunter. the pacing is so damn slow for basically no action. i completely lost interest after they didnt show the last part of the hunter exam. it basically felt like i was watching the part of dbz when gohan and krillin are trying to find namek 
mean.gif
Crazy. It's the best long running shonen in my opinion. Pretty much flawless from my objective point of view. & the only time the pacing really slowed down was in the chimera ant arc, although it made sense since so much was happening at once.
there are plenty of shonen that i would put above hunter x hunter. im not saying its bad but its just not interesting. there is barely any character development, the premise is too simple, and things in the plot just happen in a very matter-of-fact way. in the 2X episodes that i watched i was very disappointed and really the only thing it had to keep me watching was to see killua or hisoka fight.

there are plenty of shonen that i would put above hunter x hunter. im not saying its bad but its just not interesting. there is barely any character development, the premise is too simple, and things in the plot just happen in a very matter-of-fact way. in the 2X episodes that i watched i was very disappointed and really the only thing it had to keep me watching was to see killua or hisoka fight.

The first 20-25 episodes are more introductory than anything. The tone of the series completely changes in the yorknew city arc.

Last edited:
if you're caught up to hxh anime, which chapter would i be on in the manga

Luffy, goku, naruto all them are wayyy more interesting bro. This dude gon tryna find his dad...that's literally it in a nutshell.

Killua and kurapika spark FAR more interest than gon

I feel like gon is the most un-interesting main character though.
Most leads are, but Gon ain't that bad. Like we can go through an entire arc without the lead character and the show holds up and it's amazing

You can't watch like a few episodes and say there's no character development and that's too simple when everyone else feels the exact opposite :lol:

Goku in dragonball > Goku in DBZ. & you just can't hate Luffy.

but word, Gon isn't that interesting, except in the CA arc when he's trying to get Kite back, that's the only time he really shows emotion.

Last edited:
I feel like gon is the most un-interesting main character though.
Most leads are, but Gon ain't that bad. Like we can go through an entire arc without the lead character and the show holds up and it's amazing

You can't watch like a few episodes and say there's no character development and that's too simple when everyone else feels the exact opposite :lol:

Bruh you cannot honestly say 26 episodes is " a few"

Let's be real about that :lol:

Luffy, goku, naruto all them are wayyy more interesting bro. This dude gon tryna find his dad...that's literally it in a nutshell.

Killua and kurapika spark FAR more interest than gon

Im not saying Gon is more interesting, but Goku Luffy and naruto are the same person with a few tweaks here and there.

It's not in terms of plot and character development, especially in such a long series, 26 episodes is just the introduction.
I think you should at least make it to the yorknew arc, which is the next one, and a lot of people love it. If you don't like the overall concept, and the main characters tho, I understand

It's not in terms of plot and character development, especially in such a long series, 26 episodes is just the introduction.
I think you should at least make it to the yorknew arc, which is the next one, and a lot of people love it. If you don't like the overall concept, and the main characters tho, I understand

name 5 good anime series that by the time you're 26 eps in you're only getting an introduction to the characters. Even bleach had more going on in 26 eps than this show and that's just unacceptable

i guess it must get way better since its a hot manga currently but i clearly dont have as much patience as yall to make it that far so ill just bow out of reading/watching it

Last edited:
name 5 good anime series that by the time you're 26 eps in you're only getting an introduction to the characters. Even bleach had more going on in 26 eps than this show and that's just unacceptable.
I feel differently, but okay :lol:
The hunter exam arc was a great set-up for the rest of the series, but I can see how someone could get bored with it. But it only gets better from there.
I can't name any, but I also can't name as many as good as hxh. And Bleach is also trash too so yeah :lol:

name 5 good anime series that by the time you're 26 eps in you're only getting an introduction to the characters. Even bleach had more going on in 26 eps than this show and that's just unacceptable

i guess it must get way better since its a hot manga currently but i clearly dont have as much patience as yall to make it that far so ill just bow out of reading/watching it

Bleach about 20 episodes(soul society arc)
Naruto about 30 episodes(chunin exams)
One Piece about 90 episodes(alabasta arc)

HxH isn't that bad compared to those 3.

Last edited:

Bleach about 20 episodes(soul society arc)
Naruto about 30 episodes(chunin exams)
One Piece about 90 episodes(alabasta arc)

HxH takes nowhere near as long to get poppin compared to those 3.

Naruto gets good when they fight zabuza ep 15 ish

Bleach is terrible

I don't watch OP but that would be 1/5 that could be named and you'd have to be nuts to watch 90 eps to wait till an anime gets interesting

Back
Top Bottom