The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I cant believe I'm drawing a blank, but what's the second one after Prison School? :lol:

Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai

Easily one of my favorites so far this season. Show is straight jokes :lol:

This last episode got wilder than I expected though.

Am I seriously reading Gurren Lagann slander in here :wow:
Some people... :smh: :lol:

I swear next we are gonna get Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo slander... :smh:

Don't play with me like this sappy :lol:

I'll irrationally go to war over those completely fine subjective opinions.

A lot of solid episodes this week, but I feel like Charlotte might've had its weakest episode yet.

VERY interested in seeing how things play out in Rokka no Yuusha. Someone out here being fraudulent? :nerd:

Last edited:
I broke down and went on a manga binge. I prefer watching anime but it just takes too long. I binged through Gate and some World Trigger. Gate is actually surprising me. Its still really interesting and they're somehow keeping the premise from going stale

Also Sweet Baby Jesus, I don't know if I can handle Prison School anime anymore.This latest ep really goes there. I just want this to come out on blu ray and have commentary by the author

Am I seriously reading Gurren Lagann slander in here :wow:
Some people... :smh: :lol:

I swear next we are gonna get Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo slander... :smh:

I actually do think that Samurai Champloo is vastly overrated. Its an OK show with a great soundtrack RIP Nujabes. But it gets hyped ways too much

Last edited:
So what about World Trigger manga?

Im actually not that far past the anime. I just finished the tomakoma 2 fight vs the girl squad and the memory guy. Mainly i was reading Gate

I will say that the Gate manga is a little heavy handed with the violence, nudity and loli stuff. It just feels shoehorned in because its japanese

Last edited:

I cant believe I'm drawing a blank, but what's the second one after Prison School?
laugh.gif
This ain't Prison School levels of wildness but it's hilarious
roll.gif

VERY interested in seeing how things play out in Rokka no Yuusha. Someone out here being fraudulent? :nerd:
Same here man. I'm all for people expressing their opinions, but you say something bad about my boy Spike, words will be had. :lol:

As for Rokka no Yuusha, I'm there with you. I really want to know who the fraud is. I mean there is the obvious choice who was introduced in the last episode, but that might be a curveball. :lol:

While I'm here, A [COLOR=#red]Psycho Pass Movie[/COLOR] came out on NWAnime earlier for those interested. I'll be checking out later after the wildcard matches for Ti5. :pimp:

Same here man. I'm all for people expressing their opinions, but you say something bad about my boy Spike, words will be had. :lol:

As for Rokka no Yuusha, I'm there with you. I really want to know who the fraud is. I mean there is the obvious choice who was introduced in the last episode, but that might be a curveball. :lol:

While I'm here, A [COLOR=#red]Psycho Pass Movie[/COLOR] came out on NWAnime earlier for those interested. I'll be checking out later after the wildcard matches for Ti5. :pimp:
If there is even a fraud, it would have to be the Princesses friend with the Bleach sword( Im terrible with their names) or adult. because we haven't actually seen them use any powers. I know we saw adlet get a seal, but that could still be fake. What is he even a saint of?

If there is even a fraud, it would have to be the Princesses friend with the Bleach sword( Im terrible with their names) or adult. because we haven't actually seen them use any powers. I know we saw adlet get a seal, but that could still be fake. What is he even a saint of?

Only women become saints.

I'm thinking that it's one of the people we've been traveling with so far, because those two women just introduced seem legit and that last cat is too obvious of a choice to be the one :lol:

Last edited:

It's not Prison school but I was laughing... how that manga though?? I need to see her flicking people off

Only women become saints.

I'm thinking that it's one of the people we've been traveling with so far, because those two women just introduced seem legit and that last cat is too obvious of a choice to be the one :lol:

I did not know that

It's not Prison school but I was laughing... how that manga though?? I need to see her flicking people off

Only two chapters long as far as I can see; the source material is a light novel that's 8 volumes in.

Just finished unlimited blade works and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by how good it was. Especially after everyone was saying how crappy the original stay/ night was.

The story line is much lighter than Fate Zero but that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just really different.

The Protagonist of each Zero and Unlimited Bladeworks each held their own. I gotta admit I found Shirou very annoying with his blind ideals at the beginning, but his character developed very nicely second half of the show using the same ideals. Kiritzsugu was a boss from beginning to end in Zero.

I was a bit let down by the fight scenes in UBW, although they were pretty good, Fate Zero really set the bar when it comes to the quality of fights, especially when Galgamesh's air battle with Burserker, that was one for the ages.

Caster in UBW > Caster in Zero. I kind of liked her story line in UBW even though he was pure evil in Zero, I thought he went an episode or two too long.

If there was anything UBW did much better than Zero was character development. I felt like every major character was growing up.

The ending of UBW is what disappointed me the most, even though the fights were cool and the episodes leading up to it was amazing, the ending itself was predictable and quick. I felt that it was a bit abrupt as opposed to Zero where it got waaay too philosophical, still great.

Overall, Zero was the superior series, much darker and deeper but UBW held it's own and did a good job doing it.

I am just bumping this to get this thread's thoughts on this. Would love to hear your opinions!

Our thoughts on Zero vs. Unlimited Blade Works? We've had that convo a few times now :lol:

I also liked Zero far more than Unlimited Blade Works. I thought the characters were more interesting and the fact that it's almost a self-contained story makes it a more enjoyable watch to me. I also never grew to like Shirou's ideology throughout the series.

Last edited:
I am just bumping this to get this thread's thoughts on this. Would love to hear your opinions!

UBW doesn't stand a chance against Zero ImO

I did like UBW's caster better.
but UBW just could've done so much more with their characters as far as the fighting.
didn't give either assassin any shine.
Berserker had 1 good fight...
they saved gilgamesh til the end and even that was just meh.

New chapter of Akame Ga Kiru is out
Tatsumi nearly became a demon. :wow:

Wave vs Akame is gonna be good. :smokin

I'm watching the [COLOR=#red]Psycho Pass[/COLOR] movie right now and it's pretty legit. Seems to take place sometime after season 2.
Those who had a complain about a certain person from season 1 not being in season 2 should check out this movie. :lol:

Edit:
Just finished it. Great followup to two solid seasons. Hopefully it sets the stage for a 3rd season or another movie.

Last edited:
I cannot believe I am just now finding out that there is an English localization of Cruel Angel Thesis. I feel so ashamed that I didnt find out about this sooner. :lol: :smh:

I finally started watching anime again since I cut the cord and all I have is netflix and kodi :lol:

really though, mostly just netflix since I'm too lazy to search for one on kodi. got through SAO pretty quick, norogami as well, and now watching HxH. Is there any difference between the 2011 version and the older ones?

anything on netflix I should check out? might rewatch FMA:B again since it's that good, couldn't get through the whole kill la kill series, stopped somewhere at ep 17. didn't have the patience for psycho pass neither.

and as much as I'd love to watch OP again, I just can't deal with fillers man. I've said it here before and I'll say it again, naruto ruined weekly animes for me just like bleach is ruining weekly mangas for me now :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom