The Official Black Mirror Thread: Season 6 on Netflix Now

They shoulda made a submarine episode
ISWYDT.jpg

Joan is awful coulda been so much better. Cop out ending. So the character arc is that she just needed to gentrify a coffee shop to “be the main character in my own story?”

Thought it was gonna be mind bending but turned out being a half assed rom com disguised as a Netflix ad.

Like, I thought for sure since every level of the show had alternate actors and alternate “streamberry” type names, that it would allude to OUR world being another level of her show. Since the first time we see the Netflix looking show, it’s not called that. But naw they went super vanilla with it.

Probably do another episode tonight.

Joan is awful coulda been so much better. Cop out ending. So the character arc is that she just needed to gentrify a coffee shop to “be the main character in my own story?”

Thought it was gonna be mind bending but turned out being a half assed rom com disguised as a Netflix ad.

Like, I thought for sure since every level of the show had alternate actors and alternate “streamberry” type names, that it would allude to OUR world being another level of her show. Since the first time we see the Netflix looking show, it’s not called that. But naw they went super vanilla with it.

Probably do another episode tonight.

Based on what others have said, I can’t wait to read your Beyond The Sea (episode 3) review :lol:

I'm through 3 but to me "Beyond the Sea" was one of the best-built episodes of TV I have seen.
I had to stop checking the posts about two days after I finished the Season.
I felt like I watched a totally different Season than everyone else.
It was a bit surprised to be honest.

Season 6 was way too light hearted and unrealistic for my taste. Most episodes from previous seasons you can at least imagine a world in the future with the scenarios they present. And that has always been apart of the terror of the show.

Hope they get back to the gritty content with a bleak view of the world soon.

Season 6 was way too light hearted and unrealistic for my taste. Most episodes from previous seasons you can at least imagine a world in the future with the scenarios they present. And that has always been apart of the terror of the show.

Hope they get back to the gritty content with a bleak view of the world soon.
I know they didn’t announce it as a final season but
S2 to S3: 3.5 years (White Christmas was 1.5 years after S2)
S3 to S4: 1 year
S4 to S5: 1.5 years
S5 to S6: 4 years

Unless they announced otherwise it is going to be a minute :lol:

Ok I'm here with thoughts.

Season 6 was mid like others said. I think my problem was I accidentally watched Demon 79 first before the rest and it set the bar too high. It seems most people's problem was lack of tech or social media commentary

-Joan is Awful is Black mirror-esque in the social commentary so its cool with me

-Loch Henry was cool. Took me a minute to realize the dude from the bar was Podrick from Game of Thrones. He was the standout actor.
Pia did the cliche try to get away when you discover the person in the house was a killer instead of acting like nothing happened and wait for others to get back.

-Beyond the Sea. Dude who lost his family couldnt kill Jessie because the spaceraft needs two people. They said it in the episode earlier. Misery loves company was basically the conclusion

-Mazey Day was def not black mirror at all. It was basically Twilight meets Nightcrawler. My least favorite. Apparently they played a song from the movie Twilight earlier in the episode as a forshadowing. Then the episode itself was poorly written. Zazie talks to the first person in the diner who tells her the exact information she needs. Then back to the diner where the werewolf kills everyone but the cop kicks the gun directly to her where she can pick it up and take a perfect shot at the wolf that no one else could.

-Demon 79. My favorite. It's a social commentary about how Indian people were treated in England back in the day. The funny part is there is no twist. The episode told you exactly what was going to happen and it happened. If only the detective hadn't stopped her from killing the third person.

Last edited:
the more i think about this season the worse i think it is 😂…at least in relation to the theme of ‘black mirror’ as i expected. as standalone things, if not for the connotation to black mirror, they are a decent watch; just not on at the bar or level in terms of being provocative like in the series

-Loch Henry was cool. Took me a minute to realize the dude from the bar was Gendry from Game of Thrones. He was the standout actor.
You mean Pod from Thrones, but I didn’t realize that until you just said it :wow:

Good reviews.

Back
Top Bottom