The official DC Animated movies thread

Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen Are Heading To Theaters

The Death of Superman was released on DVD and Blu-ray last summer. Jerry O’Connell starred as Clark Kent and his famous alter ego. Rebecca Romijn co-starred as Lois Lane, with Rainn Wilson as Lex Luthor. The film faithfully adapted the Man of Steel’s fatal showdown with Doomsday and ends on a cliffhanger teasing his eventual resurrection. Reign of the Superman picks up where that film left off and features most of the cast members from the previous installment. It introduces the string of copycat “heroes” that show up in Clark’s absence, including Steel, Eradicator, and Superboy.

“Warner Bros. is proud to join forces with Fathom Events to culminate the year-long celebration of Superman’s 80th anniversary with a double-feature big screen presentation of the Man of Steel’s most heralded adventure,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Vice President, Family & Animation Marketing. “The Death of Superman was a monumental moment in comics history, and these films – expertly produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC – capture the enormity of that story in terms of both action and emotion. Seeing both films, on the big screen, gives the fans another vehicle to unite and celebrate this beloved superhero and this landmark tale.”

The screenings will take place on January 13 and 14, 2019. They will also mark the world premiere of Reign of the Supermen ahead of its digital release on January 15. Fans who want to buy it on Blu-ray or DVD will have to wait until January 29.

should have been like this from the beginning since they do not have much content

Future Animated DC Films Will Be Available To Stream On "DC Universe" From The Day Of Their Release

The upcoming DC Universe streaming service will not only play host to original live-action series like Titans and Swamp Thing, as well as animated entries like Harley Quinn and Young Justice: Outsiders, but also feature all future animated DC films.

DC have announced that future animated films will not only be available on the streaming service, but their availability will begin on the same day as their home and/or theatrical release. That is to say that the upcoming Reign of the Supermen animated film, which will release on Blu-ray and DVD on January 29th, will also arrive on the streaming service on that date.

2019 will also see the release of two more animated DC films - those being Justice League vs The Fatal Five and Batman: Hush.

Super late to the party, but I just peeped Batman Bad Blood on netflix. That movie was super dope! I could actually tolerate Damien Wayne for once. And I loved seeing the bat family come togheter. That would make a kicka** live action movie too.

rumor is the Long Halloween is next

Untitled.png

Justice League vs. The Fatal Five Movie

THR’s report also revealed that the film’s plot will revolve around the Fatal Five, the Legion of Super-Heroes’ villains from the far future.

“Justice League vs. The Fatal Five finds the fate of the earth hanging in the balance when the Justice League faces a powerful new threat — the Fatal Five! Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman seek answers as the time-traveling trio of Mano, Persuader and Tharok terrorize Metropolis in search of budding Green Lantern, Jessica Cruz. With her unwilling help, they aim to free remaining Fatal Five members Emerald Empress and Validus to carry out their sinister plan. But the Justice League has also discovered an ally from another time in the peculiar Star Boy — brimming with volatile power, could he be the key to thwarting the Fatal Five? An epic battle against ultimate evil awaits!”

Super late to the party, but I just peeped Batman Bad Blood on netflix. That movie was super dope! I could actually tolerate Damien Wayne for once. And I loved seeing the bat family come togheter. That would make a kicka** live action movie too.
I've purposely not watched that cuz of Damien and a few others.

Last edited:
Caught up on the YJ eps. Still feels like there was a season I missed.

Forgot all about Roy and his clone mole, the whole "The Light" plot, etc.

Not really digging the whole metahumans used as weapons and trafficked across the Galaxy. Overuse of boomtubes.

Halo is cool though.

Caught up on the YJ eps. Still feels like there was a season I missed.

Forgot all about Roy and his clone mole, the whole "The Light" plot, etc.

Not really digging the whole metahumans used as weapons and trafficked across the Galaxy. Overuse of boomtubes.

Halo is cool though.
Yeah like what happened to darkseid from the end of season 2

Reign of the Superman was cool.

Had some real hardcore gory **** though. Henshaw ripping the Darkseid control devise directly from his brain. The cyber corps basically being an assembled portal and their bodies dismantling to form it.

Just hit me Superboy had two dads before it really became a thing for gay couples adopting.

JL let all those drones fall from the sky :rofl:

Supes killed Henshaw though :lol: Talking about he got a wildcard and basically had Eradicator kill Henshaw's mind for him.

Last edited:
I feel like YJ can have an extremely long run if they decided. I like the extremely obvious leap in maturity in this season.

Yes

Yoooooooo its **** like ep 7 where I want to say Vandal Savage needs to be the premiere villain and hero of the entire DC everything; movies, tv (please do better), animation, plays, etc.

Man they could've cut all that training scenes and Jeff dirty macking with that Markovian scientist. Just give us more historical tales of Savage being a boss in every century.

For my toy collectors, you can pretty much get all DC Mulitiverse figures at Walmart for $3-9. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman & Harley Quinn are the main ones I see.

Back
Top Bottom