The Official Electric Daisy Carnival Thread (Vegas June 21,22,23 2013) Update trailer pg 1

Originally Posted by girlslovewaffles

can someone explain the appeal of EDC to a square individual like me?

Good Music, good people, girls almost nekkid. dranks dranks dranks and DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY...

im so salty right now
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

its an excuse to get messed up on drugs with a bunch of trashy ppl listening to some of the worst music known to man on terrible sound systems…..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Swamp

its an excuse to get messed up on drugs with a bunch of trashy ppl listening to some of the worst music known to man on terrible sound systems…..
laugh.gif

Can somebody just ban this guy from all threads involving people just wanting to have fun.

laugh.gif

yea that's what old people say about rap music.

different strokes for different folks (pause)

it's for some people just like any type of music.  i enjoy it when i went, if you enjoy the music, lights, live crowd singing along. man it was fun.

pretty jelly that some of my friends/fam went but there is always next year

laugh.gif

How does someone with that view of EDC/EDM even end up in a thread like this?

That said...I wish I was there so bad. Next year fa sho.

All I can say is... there was soooo much wet/juicy p*ssy out last night/this morning. It was CRAZY!!! Most of the girls that came back to the hotel were X'd OUT!!!

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

laugh.gif

Can somebody just ban this guy from all threads involving people just wanting to have fun.

All this cat likes is old #+! hose. The funny thing is that's when people started using Molly for fun.

Heard Alesso's set on youtube, I enjoyed it, but I'm just getting into EDM haha. I need to find a way to EDC next year.... Cause I know Chicago has nothing on a level even close to this other than Spring awakening next week

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

laugh.gif

All this cat likes is old #+! hose. The funny thing is that's when people started using Molly for fun.

laugh.gif
  no i love anything that sounds good and pay a ton of money for new wax…… i aint got nothing against poppin the whole EDC scene and the fact u suckers are buying into the cultural experience is just sad

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

laugh.gif
  no i love anything that sounds good and pay a ton of money for new wax…… i aint got nothing against poppin the whole EDC scene and the fact u suckers are buying into the cultural experience is just sad

music elitists are the worst
laugh.gif

people can't have fun anymore?

a high production festival , a big party , some people are there for the music , some are their to get !*%% face and look at all the attractive people.
maybe try to get it in, but at most everyone is going to have a good time

Swamp might be a troll but he's somewhat right. EDC isn't even about the music anymore. It's about the event. Most of the people who go don't even listen to electronic music (the EDM term is corny). Electronic music took a wrong turn somewhere, and it's headed for a mainstream, pop audience which isn't good for the music. You can already see the influence pop music is making on electronic music. It's what's trendy right now and whenever something gets trendy it attracts the superficial, only like what's in the moment type people which ruins it for me. Too many people who don't appreciate good music are forcing a lot of these producers make superficial, pop music. Unfortunately I'm starting to get annoyed by this and I'm doing a complete 180 and listening to more older traditional house, and lots of deep house. Just comparing someone like Avicii to Miguel Migs is mindblowing when it comes to thoughtfully produced music. If I really want to attend a huge festival to listen to good music, I'd go to the Detroit electronic music festival.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Swamp might be a troll but he's somewhat right. EDC isn't even about the music anymore. It's about the event. Most of the people who go don't even listen to electronic music (the EDM term is corny). Electronic music took a wrong turn somewhere, and it's headed for a mainstream, pop audience which isn't good for the music. You can already see the influence pop music is making on electronic music. It's what's trendy right now and whenever something gets trendy it attracts the superficial, only like what's in the moment type people which ruins it for me. Too many people who don't appreciate good music are forcing a lot of these producers make superficial, pop music. Unfortunately I'm starting to get annoyed by this and I'm doing a complete 180 and listening to more older traditional house, and lots of deep house. Just comparing someone like Avicii to Miguel Migs is mindblowing when it comes to thoughtfully produced music. If I really want to attend a huge festival to listen to good music, I'd go to the Detroit electronic music festival.
That's great, for you. But at a certain point you're telling people what they can and can't (or should/shouldn't) enjoy. That's my problem. Just let people enjoy the scene. It's harmless. I'll be the first person to admit Avicii isn't exactly Mozart, but stop deciding what's good or not for the genre. The fact is, I know because of the increased popularity of EDM, people are actually exploring it more and getting exposed to a lot of other genres. Don't assume people will just stop at what's popular. And you also have it backwards, EDM is having a great influence on pop music than vice versa.

I guess I just don't judge people for their musical taste, or how they like to enjoy the music.

That's great, for you. But at a certain point you're telling people what they can and can't (or should/shouldn't) enjoy. That's my problem. Just let people enjoy the scene. It's harmless. I'll be the first person to admit Avicii isn't exactly Mozart, but stop deciding what's good or not for the genre. The fact is, I know because of the increased popularity of EDM, people are actually exploring it more and getting exposed to a lot of other genres. Don't assume people will just stop at what's popular. And you also have it backwards, EDM is having a great influence on pop music than vice versa.

I guess I just don't judge people for their musical taste, or how they like to enjoy the music.
I understand what you're saying, and I'm not one to bash people for what they like. I was one of the few arguing with Swamd and Slim in the Electro thread for their hipster elitist attitude. Although I do disagree with you about EDM influencing pop. The new EDM damn near IS pop. They made it that way to attract a bigger audience and make more money. Just look at Aoki's, and Wolfgang's last albums. Newer electronic music is a watered down version of real electronic music. 

one of the worst edc's i been. every single song was virutally electro from every stage besides the techno stage. techno stage was the best. wandered around to every stage. drum and bass was like brostep. trance djs were playing electro. all of kaskades songs are electro. it was awful.

best sets:
Gaiser, Umek, John Digweed, Carl Cox. so disappointed Richie Hawtin, Dubfre, and Loco Dice didnt get to spin. saturday ruined it for me. smh.

|Insomniac needs to book better djs.

LMAO at all of these lames complaining.

if you don't like the music, don't like the EDC then don't go.

Go listen to your underground house music you hipsters.

that said....

BEST EXPERIENCE EVER. Love, hugs, jamming with people, half naked chicks, plur, candy, everything was there.

people that were rolling too hard were helped by each other.... everything was perfect minus saturday but I can't complain.

I hated dubstep before walking into EDC... maybe i was being a bit elitist but hearing it live it was so amazing.

q dance hard style was amazing.

knife party was probably my favorite them or benny benassi but man i just loved every *@*%$%* second of it.

10000000000000% GOING BACK

I understand what you're saying, and I'm not one to bash people for what they like. I was one of the few arguing with Swamd and Slim in the Electro thread for their hipster elitist attitude. Although I do disagree with you about EDM influencing pop. The new EDM damn near IS pop. They made it that way to attract a bigger audience and make more money. Just look at Aoki's, and Wolfgang's last albums. Newer electronic music is a watered down version of real electronic music. 
Come on, dude. Aoki has never been that good in the first place. I suspect his few good songs were coproduced. Anyways,

WHO CARES if a lot of EDM is made for the masses. You will always get to see good DJs if you live in a populous city. I know you live in the Bay and have access to a great scene along-side the more pop stuff, because I live there too.

Sucks that EDC had to close early because of wind
frown.gif

I heard Bassnectar KILLED IT though
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom