The Official Fantasy Football Thread

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Venom or anyone else... What do you all think Ryan Matthews will do this year?

I'm in a keeper league and have the 8th pick out of 12. So its basically like starting the draft from the third round. Would you pick him over the likes of J Stew, Greg Jennings, Marques Colston, Ochocinco?

I'm not buying the Mathews hype...I'm really not. Look at the bottom portion of this page - http://thefantasyguys.wor...ar-vs-steer-clear-vol-1/

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Can you guys leave some feed back on my team? I'm so glad I passed on Sidney Rice and got Nate Washington instead.

You might have some trouble with Romo at QB in the last few weeks of the season. We all know how he handles pressure.

Your RB's are solid. See below for my thoughts on Matthews.

If you can pick up Berrian right now, that would be a good look. I keep seeing Mike Williams (both) name. Also, Aromashodu out of Chicago could have a big
year with Cutler chucking it in Martz's system. These are all guys you should be able to make a move for without giving up Matty Ice.

And Venom, I really like Ryan Matthews. This kid is Explosive out of the backfield. I realize it's Philip Rivers team of course, but with V-Jax holding out
Ryan becomes another weapon on offense. I don't see any reason for him not to put up 1000-1200 yds and 12 td's.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

Can you guys leave some feed back on my team? I'm so glad I passed on Sidney Rice and got Nate Washington instead.

You might have some trouble with Romo at QB in the last few weeks of the season. We all know how he handles pressure.

Your RB's are solid. See below for my thoughts on Matthews.

If you can pick up Berrian right now, that would be a good look. I keep seeing Mike Williams (both) name. Also, Aromashodu out of Chicago could have a big
year with Cutler chucking it in Martz's system. These are all guys you should be able to make a move for without giving up Matty Ice.

And Venom, I really like Ryan Matthews. This kid is Explosive out of the backfield. I realize it's Philip Rivers team of course, but with V-Jax holding out
Ryan becomes another weapon on offense. I don't see any reason for him not to put up 1000-1200 yds and 12 td's.

$%+ did YUKU do with my post?

my logic is pretty simple ---

Rivers will be without V. Jax for at least 3 weeks, he might be traded = Mathews getting the ball more = defenses targeting him, the only people that are going to help on offense are Gates and Malcolm Floyd. and he is a rookie!!!

for picking him 1st or 2nd round = he wont give u the production u need out of that draft slot.

$%+ did YUKU do with my post?

Rivers will be without V. Jax for at least 3 weeks, he might be traded = Mathews getting the ball more = defenses targeting him, the only people that are going to help on offense are Gates and Malcolm Floyd. and he is a rookie!!!

for picking him 1st or 2nd round = he wont give u the production u need out of that draft slot.

^ LOL...I'm in that draft too

thank you for checking it out and liking it, I appreciate it.

Do you guys have more fantasy questions maybe I can do a mailbag type of post.

^ LOL...I'm in that draft too

thank you for checking it out and liking it, I appreciate it.

Do you guys have more fantasy questions maybe I can do a mailbag type of post.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

%@% did YUKU do with my post?

But I believe defenses will still respect Rivers. He is a Top 5 QB in the league. You usually don't give guys like that one on one coverage
on the outside regardless of their receivers.

Matthews is explosive and has decent enough hands to catch a couple balls out the backfield to be productive.
And if you factor that RB is the easiest transition from college to the pro's.

Not to mention the defenses in the AFC West have struggled against the run. I love my Raiders, but we have yet to prove we
can stop the run.

I really think dude is getting 1100+ yards and 10-12 tds this year.

But I believe defenses will still respect Rivers. He is a Top 5 QB in the league. You usually don't give guys like that one on one coverage

Matthews is explosive and has decent enough hands to catch a couple balls out the backfield to be productive.

Not to mention the defenses in the AFC West have struggled against the run. I love my Raiders, but we have yet to prove we
can stop the run.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

WHos gonna start up the NT SURVIVAL Challange this year?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

nah i can do it

Originally Posted by AG 47

can stop the run.

I understand where you are coming from but it has more to do with the situation around Mathews. You wanna talk about how great Rivers is, and no one is saying he is wack, he can toss it all over the field. The thing is leaving Malcolm Floyd 1 v 1 isn't the same as leaving 6'6 Vincent Jackson alone. In fantasy football, VALUE is such a factor when it comes to drafting and when you draft a RB in round 1 you expect 1500+ Yards and 10+ TD's Mathews wont get close to those numbers. So taking him early on won't pay off

can stop the run.

I understand where you are coming from but it has more to do with the situation around Mathews. You wanna talk about how great Rivers is, and no one is saying he is wack, he can toss it all over the field. The thing is leaving Malcolm Floyd 1 v 1 isn't the same as leaving 6'6 Vincent Jackson alone. In fantasy football, VALUE is such a factor when it comes to drafting and when you draft a RB in round 1 you expect 1500+ Yards and 10+ TD's Mathews wont get close to those numbers. So taking him early on won't pay off

can stop the run.

Ahh, I probably should have asked you what you type of value you expected in round 1. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Matthews ended up with 1350+ total yds. and 10+ tds.

And Malcolm Floyd is 6'5''
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

can stop the run.

Ahh, I probably should have asked you what you type of value you expected in round 1. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Matthews ended up with 1350+ total yds. and 10+ tds.

And Malcolm Floyd is 6'5''
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom