The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

The good ol days are gone, I gave up on ever getting a pair of carbon fiber fp1's long ago. I don't even view those as carbon fp1's they're just a shiny black flightposite to me with a butchered sole. I buy maybe 5 nike's a year so paying $200+ on a foam isn't that bad. I know folks see it as a principle but they're just basketball shoes to me.
I feel you. I won't knock the next man for getting them. Wear and buy what you like.

The cf print doesn't even bother me that bad... I'm more pissed about the outsole changes....

The cf print doesn't even bother me that bad... I'm more pissed about the outsole changes....

Man I don't care what none of you guys say...

The print is just as bad.

Look at the definition and contrast of the print from the OG's and look at these hot steaming piles of ****.

I'm hoping they did a craptastic job like this to keep off the fakes and then hit us with the real deal, but I know this company all to well.

I really think thye're shooting themselves in the foot with this release.

I remember when the FP1's last released they didn't exactly fly off the shelves like Foams now do.

But Nike really go the ball rolling with the Foams when they first retroed the Royal 1's in 07... and did a really excellent job in doing so.

They got the ball rolling with that release that really upped the popularity and hype with Foams, and yes I know the real hype didn't start with the Royal 1's retro, but that was the match that was lit that started the fire.

I'm just saying Nike could have used this release to do the same with the FP1's so they could reach the level of success that the Foams now have.

I hope these sit like those wack I-95 posite boots :x

So Nike knows they F'd up

BOWB4ME thanks for coming at me in a respectable way.

i lived in baltimore until age 17 and shoes that didnt have bright colors were consider dull or wack.

you used them as work shoes or play shoes (basically to shovel snow in the winter and cut grass in the summer}

or like going roller skating you would wear wack shoes so they wouldnt get stolen.playing basketball etc.

the fly shoes had multiple colors and gimmicks and were worn for school or just chillin on the block.

funny how you grew up in dc(really close) and didnt see any bright shoes......so what was the hottest shoes in the 1997 in dc? had to be some minots right? or something along those line right?
I can answerr that for you. OG Foams!  Thats why the DC area is the originators of this Foamposite thing!  Been rockin foams from the start!

well im still coping regardless. unless you want to pay 800 for a pair of ogs that  were SOLE SWAPPED or not wearable 

Last edited:
Same ish, new pics. 

674af517jw1ebq4cvpsj6j20k03oib29.jpg

Man is that even carbon fiber or just carbon fiber print?
mean.gif
It was always gonna "carbon fiber print", as real (cured) carbon fiber would be extremely stiff & expensive. 

The issue here is the weave/pattern they used.  The Plain weave vs. the Twill weave.  

different-weaves.jpg

They went for the Plain weave this time, but as many will probably agree, the Twill weave looks better and was what was used on the OG's. 

Last edited:
Carbon fiber looking like patent leather :lol:

All the recent Posite shoes look like patent leather, somewhere along the way they switched the lightly textured finish for a shiny plastic coating.

Makes them look absolutely terrible and like some damn fakes :x

Carbon patent leather with a reflective gloss is Nike new technology they want to press on us.These are what everyone has been waiting for.@gunnerinternational was the first cat I seen with them from the dmv

Carbon fiber looking like patent leather
laugh.gif
All the recent Posite shoes look like patent leather, somewhere along the way they switched the lightly textured finish for a shiny plastic coating.

Makes them look absolutely terrible and like some damn fakes
sick.gif
This. What I've noticed with my Posite shoes, (total foamposite max, FP1, Foam pro) is a simple test. I call it the "knock test". On older models, knock on the toebox, you'll get a solid sound that's really audible. You knock on the newer foams, and the sound is softer and you barely hear it. I've done this to the Total Foamposite Max retro, Gem Green foams etc. I've also noticed to that when you look at the shoe, you can see squares in the pattern. Which tells me, it's not a true foam. The original material was one piece and smooth. This switch in material now have foamposites that get scraped and effectively scrape off the color or design (depending on which shoe it is). When I found this out, it blew my mind. Foams were once considered indestructible (within reason of course). I never imagined you having to scrape off the color of a foam. It gets dirty, you just wipe with a wet rag and it looks like nothing ever touched it.

This. What I've noticed with my Posite shoes, (total foamposite max, FP1, Foam pro) is a simple test. I call it the "knock test". On older models, knock on the toebox, you'll get a solid sound that's really audible. You knock on the newer foams, and the sound is softer and you barely hear it. I've done this to the Total Foamposite Max retro, Gem Green foams etc. I've also noticed to that when you look at the shoe, you can see squares in the pattern. Which tells me, it's not a true foam. The original material was one piece and smooth. This switch in material now have foamposites that get scraped and effectively scrape off the color or design (depending on which shoe it is). When I found this out, it blew my mind. Foams were once considered indestructible (within reason of course). I never imagined you having to scrape off the color of a foam. It gets dirty, you just wipe with a wet rag and it looks like nothing ever touched it.
I've noticed that also.. The foam material is super soft on the newer pairs.. I had the black foam pros back in 2004 and they were super strong! I guess them not being manufactured in Taiwan anymore plays a big factor.. Any shoes made in Taiwan are usually made in A+ quality..

These look like the fake carbon fiber cell phone covers they would sell at the kiosks in the mall for your Nokia 5110...

I noticed this with the Pine Green Foams. I love the colorway, but the shoe just seems less.... I don't know, substantial than previous releases. Plus, some of the Foam material near the toe chipped off. I had no idea this could happen, and I was wearing them casually. After that, I figured I didn't need to keep spending 220+ on cheaply made plastic shoes.

I noticed this with the Pine Green Foams. I love the colorway, but the shoe just seems less.... I don't know, substantial than previous releases. Plus, some of the Foam material near the toe chipped off. I had no idea this could happen, and I was wearing them casually. After that, I figured I didn't need to keep spending 220+ on cheaply made plastic shoes.
This. I can't wait until someone comes around me wearing these talking about they got them CFs. I'm gonna start strait clowning. Your a bamma if you rock these. The DMV knows what that means.

Back
Top Bottom