The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

IM FROM NYC AND THE HYPE TALK IS ALWAYS INTERESTING TO ME BC MEMORY CHANGES OVER THE YEARS AND LOCATION PLAYS A BIG PART IN THIS STUFF BUT ISNT ALWAYS MENTIONED. LANEY V'S SOLD NEARLY THE SAME AS THEY DID THIS YEAR... AND THE ONLY TIME I SAW III'S ON A VIM TABLE WAS WHEN THE MOCA'S RELEASED ... OLIVE IX'S HOWEVER WERE A DUD. I EVEN SAW FLIGHPOSITES SITTING IN STORES WHEN THEY FIRST DROPPED.. PPL (INCLUDING MYSELF) THOUGHT THEY WERE A BIT WEIRD AND WAY TOO EXPENSIVE... THAT EGGPLANT KEPT ME INTRIGUED AND WHEN YOU PAIRED THE BLACK FLIGHTS WITH JEANS IN AN NYC WINTER...IT WAS GOLD. THEN TB COLORS DROPPED AND MORE AND MORE PPL JUMPED ON THE FLIGHTPOSITES. BUT LETS BE CLEAR THAT NEARLY EVERY PAIR THAT SELLS OUT TODAY WASNT ALWAYS ON SALE FOR 5 DOLLARS AT SOME VIM (ALSO NOT SAYING THATS WHAT SOME OF YOU MEANT). I JUST WANTED TO OFFER SOME BALANCE...

EITHER WAY, THE HYPE WASN'T THE WAY IT IS TODAY FOR MOST KICKS... THE ONLY THING COMPAREABLE THAT I CAN REMEMBER WERE CG XI'S, ESPOS, AND PROB VERY FEW OTHERS. THE BLACK/RED 1'S COMMENT IS 110% ON POINT AT LEAST FROM AN NYC PERSPECTIVE... THE BLACK/BLUE 1'S WERE NEARLY HATED, NOT CARED FOR, AND ON SALE.. THE BLK/RED'S SOLD PRETTY SLOWLY AND NO ONE CARED... MOST PPL COULDNT EVEN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THOSE AND DUNKS LOL.

GOOD DISCUSSION... AS FOR THESE, I DONT EVEN REMEMBER THEM IN STORES... JUST SAW THEM AND INSTANTLY NEEDED THEM BUT I COULDNT AFFORD THEM. IF I REMEMBER IT, THEY WERE SOME KIND OF NIKETOWN EXCLUSIVE. THE CARBON IS ANNOYING BUT I CAN DEAL... ITS THE STUPID MIDSOLE CHANGE THAT FEELS DISRESPECTFUL.. IVE WAITED PROBABLY THE LONGEST FOR THIS RETRO OUT OF ANY OTHER SHOE I HAVE WAITED FOR SO I HAVENT MADE UP MY MIND BUT DAMN...THAT CHANGE WAS A TOTAL VIOLATION :smh:

IM FROM NYC AND THE HYPE TALK IS ALWAYS INTERESTING TO ME BC MEMORY CHANGES OVER THE YEARS AND LOCATION PLAYS A BIG PART IN THIS STUFF BUT ISNT ALWAYS MENTIONED. LANEY V'S SOLD NEARLY THE SAME AS THEY DID THIS YEAR... AND THE ONLY TIME I SAW III'S ON A VIM TABLE WAS WHEN THE MOCA'S RELEASED ... OLIVE IX'S HOWEVER WERE A DUD. I EVEN SAW FLIGHPOSITES SITTING IN STORES WHEN THEY FIRST DROPPED.. PPL (INCLUDING MYSELF) THOUGHT THEY WERE A BIT WEIRD AND WAY TOO EXPENSIVE... THAT EGGPLANT KEPT ME INTRIGUED AND WHEN YOU PAIRED THE BLACK FLIGHTS WITH JEANS IN AN NYC WINTER...IT WAS GOLD. THEN TB COLORS DROPPED AND MORE AND MORE PPL JUMPED ON THE FLIGHTPOSITES. BUT LETS BE CLEAR THAT NEARLY EVERY PAIR THAT SELLS OUT TODAY WASNT ALWAYS ON SALE FOR 5 DOLLARS AT SOME VIM (ALSO NOT SAYING THATS WHAT SOME OF YOU MEANT). I JUST WANTED TO OFFER SOME BALANCE...

EITHER WAY, THE HYPE WASN'T THE WAY IT IS TODAY FOR MOST KICKS... THE ONLY THING COMPAREABLE THAT I CAN REMEMBER WERE CG XI'S, ESPOS, AND PROB VERY FEW OTHERS. THE BLACK/RED 1'S COMMENT IS 110% ON POINT AT LEAST FROM AN NYC PERSPECTIVE... THE BLACK/BLUE 1'S WERE NEARLY HATED, NOT CARED FOR, AND ON SALE.. THE BLK/RED'S SOLD PRETTY SLOWLY AND NO ONE CARED... MOST PPL COULDNT EVEN TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THOSE AND DUNKS LOL.

GOOD DISCUSSION... AS FOR THESE, I DONT EVEN REMEMBER THEM IN STORES... JUST SAW THEM AND INSTANTLY NEEDED THEM BUT I COULDNT AFFORD THEM. IF I REMEMBER IT, THEY WERE SOME KIND OF NIKETOWN EXCLUSIVE. THE CARBON IS ANNOYING BUT I CAN DEAL... ITS THE STUPID MIDSOLE CHANGE THAT FEELS DISRESPECTFUL.. IVE WAITED PROBABLY THE LONGEST FOR THIS RETRO OUT OF ANY OTHER SHOE I HAVE WAITED FOR SO I HAVENT MADE UP MY MIND BUT DAMN...THAT CHANGE WAS A TOTAL VIOLATION
mean.gif
You sir, are correct. I had a co worker work in these daily and they were gone by the time I started working at NTNY. I think they originally released in 2000. I started working there in March '01 and they were long gone. That's what made them special. They weren't available everywhere. You are on point with the Black/Blue AJ1, they were hated. The Blk/Red AJ1 sold, but gradually. By the time we shipped out Blk/Blue AJ 1's there were few sizes of the Blk/Reds that went out with them to the outlets. On the Mocha's you are correct, nobody wanted to see those either. I agree with the Laney's also, they were gone in a lot of spots here, however, I had a pair offered to me at work, which I turned down because they were a size too small.

GOOD DISCUSSION... AS FOR THESE, I DONT EVEN REMEMBER THEM IN STORES... JUST SAW THEM AND INSTANTLY NEEDED THEM BUT I COULDNT AFFORD THEM. IF I REMEMBER IT, THEY WERE SOME KIND OF NIKETOWN EXCLUSIVE. THE CARBON IS ANNOYING BUT I CAN DEAL... ITS THE STUPID MIDSOLE CHANGE THAT FEELS DISRESPECTFUL.. IVE WAITED PROBABLY THE LONGEST FOR THIS RETRO OUT OF ANY OTHER SHOE I HAVE WAITED FOR SO I HAVENT MADE UP MY MIND BUT DAMN...THAT CHANGE WAS A TOTAL VIOLATION :smh:
Your perspective is very much appreciated. Here's something that would blow newer collectors minds. When the Carolina Jordan 11 retro was released it sat. Yes even the 11 sat. I got mine from Landover mall (MD) 2 weeks after they dropped on a impulse buy. The hype has never been a issue for me. I just want decent retros of some of the classics I've once owned or never had. The CF FP1 didn't drop in stores to my knowledge. Their was a music shop called PA Palace near me that sold Foams and Flights in unreleased CWs 1000% legit. I didn't cop then because of the 250$ price tag. Now that's a steal for these. Smh regrets.

@BowB4Me  I can believe that Colombias sat. Here's another piece of info...I got my Colombia XI's from instyle shoes.com, the site you see now is not what it was back then. They sold shoes without message boards and a marketplace. I remember this distinctly, for ONE FULL CALENDAR YEAR they had a FSR of Colombia XI's ON SALE for $99. I ******** you not. I kept watching them and putting them off. No one touched it. Why? Because everyone was focused on blk/red, cool grey, and concord XI's. After about a year, the price went up from $99 to $119 to $139. I finally caught a pair in my size at $159. I should have acted sooner, but nobody was trying to see those, at least online. In store, they were long gone, but for those looking online, ISS was a steal.

@BowB4Me
 I can believe that Colombias sat. Here's another piece of info...I got my Colombia XI's from instyle shoes.com, the site you see now is not what it was back then. They sold shoes without message boards and a marketplace. I remember this distinctly, for ONE FULL CALENDAR YEAR they had a FSR of Colombia XI's ON SALE for $99. I ******** you not. I kept watching them and putting them off. No one touched it. Why? Because everyone was focused on blk/red, cool grey, and concord XI's. After about a year, the price went up from $99 to $119 to $139. I finally caught a pair in my size at $159. I should have acted sooner, but nobody was trying to see those, at least online. In store, they were long gone, but for those looking online, ISS was a steal.

I DEFINITELY REMEMBER ISS BEING A RETAIL SITE ONLY.. THATS BACK WHEN THERE WERE LIKE 20 ONLINE SITES THAT YOU COULD COP A LOT OF HEAT FOR WHAT SEEMED EXPENSIVE BUT IS A STEAL TODAY. I CANT EVEN REMEMBER ALL OF THEM... I BOUGHT BLACK/RED (RAPTOR) VII'S FROM 02 FROM SOME PLACE THAT USED TO BE LOCATED IN AUSTRALIA FOR LIKE 175 BACK IN LIKE 05... LOVED THOSE SITES. THATS WHEN PYS ALSO USED TO HAVE CONSISTENT HEAT AND THEIR PRICES WERE DECENT...NOW PYS IS LIKE MARSHALL'S...IDK WHAT HAPPENED

AND THE COLUMBIA TALK IS PRETTY ACCURATE... EVERYONE SWEATED CONCORDS, BLK/REDS, AND CGS BACK THEN... CAROLINAS WERE THE AFTER THOUGHT.

@Fresh Out Dabox IM FROM THE BRONX

@j o 19  yup. I miss PYS. I think they sold it or something. I went to check that site years ago and within a week what I once knew it as, was gone. I remember them having XI's all for $225 and me thinking that price was a joke because it was robbery, having no idea that retail would get up to that for crappy kicks. The main sites I frequented were ISS and PYS mainly. It's amazing that even back then I didn't find NT. I must have come across it but didn't really pay much attention 
laugh.gif
. EVERYBODY was on the black and red XI's at the time. Me, I was super good. At Niketown NY that Christmas, they literally sent a list around the store asking people what their size was. Why? Everyone was guaranteed a pair in their size, as long as they picked them up in the alotted time (much like how RSVP works now). I had zero worries for that release. Thing is, so many people stashed kicks (mostly people that work on the floor) it prompted LP to do regular sweeps in the building. As a result, the store instituted a crazy rules on Jordan releases that changed the game forever in the store. New Jordan releases had a 48-72 hour hold on discount, meaning if it released Saturday, if there were pairs left on Monday, you can cop on discount. If not, you paid full price. With the blk/red XI's, I was lucky enough to get two pairs (someone gave me their stashed extra pair before it got serious). I copped both pair for $75. I regrettably sold my second pair of '01 Blk/red XI's at FCNY for $450. No one had any to give at that point and it sold within a week. I really didn't want to do it because selling at that price isn't me, but I needed the money quickly in a tight spot. I'm still trying to replace that pair. It seems more and more unlikely now. I didn't cop last year and early this year because I didn't have the money despite multiple restocks 
mean.gif

You guys took me back with ISS AND PYS. So much heat for decent prices. Now sites want you to preorder a shoe that their gonna sell above retail. I believe Shoetrends had a consignment page with some fairly priced shoes too compaired to today's standards. I can't tell you how many shoes I passed on because I thought the prices were to high back then. Seeing how the quality has dropped off, those shoes were all steals. I once had a friend who wanted my DS Blk Red 13 retros. I road to DTLR with him cause he knew someone and got the Lebron 2s in Blk Red, White Navy and Grey Blue in trade for them. These types of trades and deals are long gone. Good old days.

You guys took me back with ISS AND PYS. So much heat for decent prices. Now sites want you to preorder a shoe that their gonna sell above retail. I believe Shoetrends had a consignment page with some fairly priced shoes too compaired to today's standards. I can't tell you how many shoes I passed on because I thought the prices were to high back then. Seeing how the quality has dropped off, those shoes were all steals. I once had a friend who wanted my DS Blk Red 13 retros. I road to DTLR with him cause he knew someone and got the Lebron 2s in Blk Red, White Navy and Grey Blue in trade for them. These types of trades and deals are long gone. Good old days.
Shoetrends was another site 
laugh.gif
. That's what I was thinking. I had the site layout in my head but couldn't remember the name. The days of fair prices and simply doing someone a solid because you share love for kicks is now over. It's a damn shame now. 

I got some OG info as well..lol. I remember on October 26, 2000 (The day after the concord Jordan 11's released), the 11's was actually sitting on the shelves at footlocker in eastover (PG county) and they had like 5 pairs on display. I kid you not.. I even remember the black/metallic 5's going on sale as low as $89.99 back then too, but of course, they didn't have my size.. I was in the 8th grade that year. Like most said, Flightposites didn't really sell well when it was first released. People thought they were ugly and overpriced (retail was $160, which was expensive back In 99). I remember getting the flight 2's and 3's for $100 each.. Crazy, right? Lol

I lucked up and got my charcoal FP 1's on ebay for $112. Dude was nice enough to hold it for an extra week after I won the auction and I offered $125 and he accepted 
nthat.gif

The Laney 5 hype was funny to me. They sat hard for weeks on end but in 2013 their a day 1 sellout. Have any Foamposites one or pro been confirmed for 2014 yet? I have a feeling we may see the Volt Pros soon. Maybe biggest shoe regret was selling those. I got them nds in a trade for a ds pair of black and orange TBugs! Maybe one the greatest trades of all time. Lol
Yeah, add Laney's to that list also :smh:

Along with Olive IX

And the Mocha IIIs... I picked up a pair in 01 for $25 after I used a coupon.

But the days of scoring deals like that on JB products are long gone.

I got some OG info as well..lol. I remember on October 26, 2000 (The day after the concord Jordan 11's released), the 11's was actually sitting on the shelves at footlocker in eastover (PG county) and they had like 5 pairs on display. I kid you not.. I even remember the black/metallic 5's going on sale as low as $89.99 back then too, but of course, they didn't have my size.. I was in the 8th grade that year. Like most said, Flightposites didn't really sell well when it was first released. People thought they were ugly and overpriced (retail was $160, which was expensive back In 99). I remember getting the flight 2's and 3's for $100 each.. Crazy, right? Lol
That's all I ever heard about posites. That they were ugly and to expensive. No posite sold out day 1. From the Penny Foamposite 1 in 97 through the Ultraposite. The Ultra was the last of the original era of posites before the retros. There were a few harder to come by than others, CF FP1 and white fade FP2 (black fade was everywhere for the low) for example. Black and Metallic 5s are my all time favorite Jordan period. I can spend all day ranting about my disappointment with every release after the first retro. Smh

Last edited:
That's all I ever heard about posites. That they were ugly and to expensive. No posite sold out day 1. From the Penny Foamposite 1 in 97 through the Ultraposite. The Ultra was the last of the original era of posites before the retros. There were a few harder to come by than others, CF FP1 and white fade FP2 (black fade was everywhere for the low) for example. Black and Metallic 5s are my all time favorite Jordan period. I can spend all day ranting about my disappointment with every release after the first retro. Smh
I remember getting the ultraposites back in '03 on sale for $115..lol. No one seem to like those back then as well. It's crazy how $170 retail for foam pros was extremely expensive and sat on the shelves for months back then to eventually go on sale. People thought they were too much for some shoes, but now, people are willing to pay more..smh. I remember being one of the fewest in my high school to wear Foamposites.

I even remember getting the 02 raptor 7's back in 02 weeks after release.. Retail was only $125 back then..

Yep. The Ultraposite sat so hard Nike scrapped the other CWs. Only negative I had about them was they could be scratched easily but the shoe was dope. I broke a dude in a dice game and bought em with the $. Lol thinking back. I won't hold my breath waiting for them to retro but the unreleased silver CW was nice. Still waiting on the FP3 though.

Yep. The Ultraposite sat so hard Nike scrapped the other CWs. Only negative I had about them was they could be scratched easily but the shoe was dope. I broke a dude in a dice game and bought em with the $. Lol thinking back. I won't hold my breath waiting for them to retro but the unreleased silver CW was nice. Still waiting on the FP3 though.
They still hold up. I wore these the other day. I sold the my white and blue ones for $100 in '09 at FCNY, another big mistake.

Nice! Quick story about those. I don't know if you guys remember but in the photos for the FP3 in Eastbay I believe it was the shoe had a Nike swoosh on the bottom strap bubble. The retail pair didn't. Once walking through Annapolis mall a day or two after release, a kid and his mom stopped me and ask if my shoe had the swoosh. I said no, took a look at his and sure enough his pair had the swoosh. I guess a few pairs got out with it.

Where are you from? Oh yeah, everyone had the FP3's back then. I remember the release date being 8/1/01, which was a Wednesday. That was the shoe 80% of people wore on the first day of school my 9th grade year. It was those and the Hyperflights.. I was one of the fewest the first day of school to have on the black/red Jordan 1's back then..lol (Ended up getting the FP3's later that school year). They came out that Saturday before the first day of school.. I remember my brother and I getting up to Iverson mall thinking it was going to be a crowd. Man, we was so wrong...lmao! It was 5 people tops at Shoe city and we were super shocked..lol. Retail was $80 back then too..smh. We will never see that again..

Last edited:
PG County, Forestville. I copped the first retro of the OG 11 lows from Iverson mall. Gotta be careful out there though. You know how it is.

First day of school my senior year I rocked the orange Hyperflights with a Cal Ripken authentic. Got mad love from everyone because no one would touch the orange pair. Good times. Now Lebron is killing with orange kicks, Big Bangs and Forging Irons.

Last edited:
I'm originally from Oxon Hill, MD, but currently live in Largo, MD.. Yeah, Iverson mall, PG plaza, and Landover mall are the spots most people try to avoid on getting big release shoes. Mainly, Jordan's.. I heard bad stories on all of them..smh

No doubt. PG especially because it's a HOH. Largo was were I went to HS. Small world.

Nice! Quick story about those. I don't know if you guys remember but in the photos for the FP3 in Eastbay I believe it was the shoe had a Nike swoosh on the bottom strap bubble. The retail pair didn't. Once walking through Annapolis mall a day or two after release, a kid and his mom stopped me and ask if my shoe had the swoosh. I said no, took a look at his and sure enough his pair had the swoosh. I guess a few pairs got out with it.
I know exactly what you mean and they didn't. The swoosh on the first pod showed up in print pics and on eastbay, but were never part of the final production shoe. There was a lot of questions surrounding this pair. Originally they were for Kevin Garnett. But, he left for Adidas before the next season. The early pics of this shoe had Garnett doing down the back pull tab and the swoosh in the pod (I'm not sure if they would have kept it anyway). As a KG fan, that made it even more ill. Since he left and it wasn't exclusively his shoe, they made it a TB shoe and made crazy colors. I guess this was good and bad. I don't think we'd have as many colors as we did if KG stayed with Nike.

Didn't all the TBs have blue on the pull tab? I always thought it was strange the tab color didn't change with the strap colors. What you say makes since about KG leaving and that would explain why all the pull tabs were blue on those. I forgot these we're suppose to be his.

I'm looking forward to these. Hunting on eBay was not going as successfully as I thought it would lol

Back
Top Bottom