The Official "Has David Ortiz fallen off?" Thread

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

^^You don't know any of that for fact, so you sound somewhat silly.

Nobody can be sure why Ortiz isn't getting his right now, but please remember he had a serious wrist injury last year. Strong wrists with good reflexes are vital to hitting.
If he's hurt, he shouldn't be playing. It's not his wrist. It's his lack of steroids. Don't be so ignorant.
Just to play devil's advocate Carlos Delgaldo had a similar injury and was pathetic up until last June.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

^^You don't know any of that for fact, so you sound somewhat silly.

Nobody can be sure why Ortiz isn't getting his right now, but please remember he had a serious wrist injury last year. Strong wrists with good reflexes are vital to hitting.
If he's hurt, he shouldn't be playing. It's not his wrist. It's his lack of steroids. Don't be so ignorant.
Just to play devil's advocate Carlos Delgaldo had a similar injury and was pathetic up until last June.

Carlos Delgado quit on his team untill his manager was fired.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

^^^ it could be that I just don't agree with everyone acting like its impossible for david ortiz to have used steriods a lot of you people are in denial im goin off stats

Who is acting like it's impossible that he took steroids?

Looks like the eye test worked.
wink.gif

So far 3-3 with a HR. Cant say im hating this

I like Papi and wanna see him get outta this, but that home run shouldn't even count...
laugh.gif
smh.gif

An awful swing on a breaking ball he was 3 miles out in front of, and it barely catches the outside of the foul pole...
laugh.gif
That corner is a damn joke...

Hey at this point something it better than nothing. But yea that wasnt the deepest HR but it will do.

He knew it was kinda cheap, The fans wanted the curtain call and he reall didnt think he deserved one but went out cuz they wasnt gonna stop cheering till hedid.

Papi is just healthy now.

But yeah he did roids which doesn't come as a surprise, but most of these hitters don't even need the juice to begin with.

Time to bump this.....

The season is coming to a close, and as of this message, Ortiz now has a respectable 25 homeruns and 88 rbis. His batting average is at a measly .234, but hehas definitely had a better season than I thought he was going to have. I still think he has fallen off, but not to the extent I originally thought.

He hasn't fell off...Erybdy have slumps, but da most important thing is

bOSTON

makes da postseason again puttin' pressure on dem Yankees
laugh.gif

I'm pretty sure Papi is in the same boat as Andre Ethier in that they would get somewhere around the same stats as Ortiz has now, but with Manny behindboth of them their stats take a big boost.

Told ya'll.

He was recovering from an injury that takes a long time to heal.

He is on the downside of his career but he is not washed up yet.

Back
Top Bottom