**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

best way to buy a heavy cuban = buy a gold bullion bar & barter it for da chain + money back

you'll basically be paying for da "transformation" of da gold from a bar to a chain and they'll take some percentage of da gold as payment.

Even if you have the gold, most places are going to want at least 3k for the work.

best way to buy a heavy cuban = buy a gold bullion bar & barter it for da chain + money back

you'll basically be paying for da "transformation" of da gold from a bar to a chain and they'll take some percentage of da gold as payment.

Even if you have the gold, most places are going to want at least 3k for the work.

I think that it would actually be cheaper to just buy the chain straight up.

I think that it would actually be cheaper to just buy the chain straight up.
here's a scenerio

my good homie..felt like doing some this morning
laugh.gif

ite so lets say you got enough stacks in da trap house to cop this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/500-Gram-Go...pt=US_Bullion_Bars_Rounds&hash=item2ec7d9755d

%24%28KGrHqV,%21rMFF+JL5WZjBRiIv,zNVg%7E%7E60_57.JPG

$21,720.00 is da buy it now price

with use of da trust site jackhunt.com

da current spot price is $22,765.25 for 500 grams of pure 24k gold so you're automatically ahead of da pack.

say i cop for da aforementioned price, then i take this bar to daniel and tell him i want a 18K 500 gram cuban link.

da way you would tell him to make a deal with you is da mathematically formula between 18K gold and 24k gold.

18k gold is .750 pure gold and 24k is .999 gold

you subtract .750 from .999 and you get .249, which is da "cut" or da alloy mixed in da gold to make make it strong

for jewelry use.

now since we established that 25% of 18k gold is cut, you minus 25% of da gold bullion bar which is 125grams.

you use da 125 grams and go back to jackhunt and see what 125 grams of pure gold goes in da spot price...

according to today its 5691.31

that amount, is da ROCK HARD margin cost you're working with to negotiate.

now i dont care WHO YOU ARE, you're not taking almost 5,700 g's to make make my lump of metal into a necklace...

MOST if not ALL jewelers aint gonna turn down a quick dollar profit, so lets you take this gold bullion bar

to daniel and they JUST happen to have a 500 gram cuban link chain

im willing to BET you can tell them "yo hombre dimelo, ill give you this solid bar gold, and you give me back that 500 gram

18k cuban link PLUS 5591.31 and we can deal" id bet my left foot they're not walking away from that because

even though they're only making a $100 profit, they're gaining FLEXIBILITY in having a 500 gram bar to make ANYTHING else

they want instead of being stuck in 1 chain that is waiting for that baller that may or may not come for years...

and plus daniels for example is ALSO a pawnshop, pawnshops usually pay out 98% of spot price (and take a 2% margin) which

when you do da math on $5691.31 is $113.83

you win because you basically paid $100 over spot price for your gold value transfered from a bar to a necklace and

5591.31 in cash in your pocket.

now THATS how you buy gold.

your welcome folks
nthat.gif

Last edited:

That's foolishness.

Guy walks in store with gold bar

or

Guy walks in store with cash

Somehow, having a gold bar in your hand gives you some sort of mind control over the jeweler from your example?

And pawn shops and jewelry stores usually give you 50% at most of what your item is worth for sale in their shop.

And pawn shops and jewelry stores usually give you 50% at most of what your item is worth for sale in their shop.
naw, when you go to da diamond district they give you 96-87% of da spot sprice for your gold.

this aint cash4gold
laugh.gif
and this definitely aint diamonds
roll.gif

naw, when you go to da diamond district they give you 96-87% of da spot sprice for your gold.

this aint cash4gold :lol: and this definitely aint diamonds :rofl:

Take a gold bar in there and try it and report back to us on how it turned out.

go check, MOST jewelers and dealers pay 98% of da spot price.

jewelers aint no different from drug dealers... percentages run your profit margins.

and like i said, NO jeweler is turning down a quick profit.

jewelers aint no different from drug dealers... percentages run your profit margins.

Regardless, if I walk in the store with cash and you walk in with a bar of gold, you really think you will get the better deal on a chain?

Also, you can mail your gold bullion into kitco and they will give you close to spot. That's bullion, not jewelry.

Regardless, if I walk in the store with cash and you walk in with a bar of gold, you really think you will get the better deal on a chain?

yes they will

it works with chains when you upgrade, so OBVIOUSLY its gonna work with straight up solid gold.

this is why da spot price exist, to internationalize da price of gold on da global market.

da jeweler dealing with you with a gold bar isn't losing a PENNY.

and you're ONLY paying for da transfer of da gold from being a solid to being a chain, whatever is left is paid out in cash.

yes they will

it works with chains when you upgrade, so OBVIOUSLY its gonna work with straight up solid gold.

this is why da spot price exist, to internationalize da price of gold on da global market.

and you're ONLY paying for da transfer of da gold from being a solid to being a chain, whatever is left is paid out in cash.

You gotta learn how to just take that L when you are completely wrong.

Your example is almost like telling someone they are better off going to a car dealer with a trade-in than going in with all cash.

Walking into a jewelry store with a brick of gold, or a bunch of chains to be melted is no different. You are still going to pay at least 3-5k for the work and profit for the jeweler. Now if you purchased the chains or brick of gold back in the day or before a major rise in gold, you will save some money. However, if you cop a gold brick and go into a jewelry store, most likely that jeweler already has his own gold that he purchased wholesale or for next to nothing in chains, rings etc, so you could actually end up paying more if you provide your own gold. The only thing that you are saving is the price of the gold, but if you just copped the brick of gold, then you really aren't saving anything.

yes they will

Your example is almost like telling someone they are better off going to a car dealer with a trade-in than going in with all cash.

That is basically what it comes down to. Unless that gold brick is stolen or you bought it years ago, you won't save any money with that method.

yes they will

im NOT wrong though...you apparently just suck at math.

cars have VASSSSTLY different value points,
laugh.gif
@ you comparing it to gold.

you sound like a rookie b.

spot prices ENSURE your gold is gold in ALL 4 corners of da world and its value

is universal, gold is CURRENCY.

basically any reputable jeweler is paying 98% of da spot price for your gold unless you getting raped for being STUPID.

my method A. ensures da jeweler gets a GUARANTEED profit B. get da most out of your money.

most dealer transactions between jewelers and wholesales mirror da math problem i just laid out for you.

Last edited:

yes they will

cars have VASSSSTLY different value points, :lol: @ you comparing it to gold.

basically any reputable jeweler is paying 98% of da spot price for your gold unless you getting raped for being STUPID.

my method A. ensures da jeweler gets a GUARANTEED profit B. get da most out of your money.

This problem is easily solved. Go into a jewelry store, and ask them for a price on a chain if you provide the gold. Then ask them for a cash price on the chain if you don't provide the gold. Then find a gold brick, and price it. Add that price to the price that they told you if you provide the gold yourself. You will see which method is cheaper.

Last edited:

yes they will

cars have VASSSSTLY different value points,
laugh.gif
@ you comparing it to gold.

This problem is easily solved. Go into a jewelry store, and ask them for a price on a chain if you provide the gold. Then ask them for a cash price on the chain if you don't provide the gold. Then find a gold brick, and price it. Add that price to the price that they told you if you provide the gold yourself. You will see which method is cheaper.
remember that you have to take into account that da chain isn't pure gold UNLIKE da brick which it is.

put da rubber on da road:

http://danieljewelryinc.com/bracelets/14mm-miami-cuban-link-14k-bracelet.html

a 8" 14mm bracelet at 108 grams at 14k is $4,237.00

http://danieljewelryinc.com/chains/14mm-miami-cuban-link-14k-chain.html

a 30" 14mm cuban chain at 391 grams at 14k is $15,069.00

comes out to $19,306.00 at 499 grams.

at spot price that is worth $12,846.90
sick.gif
laugh.gif
at a sucker losing $6,459.10 da minute da gold chain

exchanges hands.

nah im good on that.

when you use gold to barter gold you lose ZERO value other then how much da dealer pays towards spot, which da standard

around MOST parts is 98%.

THIS is how dealers and jewelers go about transactions of gold.

Word of advice, don't go into business with ninjahood. Your books will be all messed up. He'll be talking about ya'll doubled your profit from the last year and you'll be asking why you are bouncing checks because this dude didn't include the overhead, labor, and maintenance in the cost of your products.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom