**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

tufff
pimp.gif

I had to go back and dig a little bit to find this. I was actually looking for the conversation about bringing your own gold to a jeweler and getting a piece made. These quotes are relevant though. I couldn't pyramid quote (not sure if that's a new update to NT or not) but I multiquoted the responses that ninjahood and JChambers had to cguy610.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but, ninjahood's argument was that bringing your own gold and just paying for labor from the jeweler was cheaper than buying the gold and the labor (finished chain) from the jeweler. Now, two things: 1) since gold prices ARE approaching $1000, and, 2) I agree with JChambers statement that most jewelry stores will not drop their prices in response to the declining gold prices. Will ninjahood's method of bringing pure gold to the jeweler and paying for the labor be a cheaper option for buying a cuban from Daniel's? I know JChambers actually emailed Daniel's asking about this and I don't remember their response (I will go back and look for this). I may be interested in going this route because the gold price dip and also I remember Daniel's slightly increased their prices from a few months ago.

A few more questions I have are: Is the declining gold price we are all talking about only the paper gold price, or, also the physical gold price? If it is the physical gold price as well (which I'm assuming since that only makes sense) then will gold bullion bars/coins be available at this price or slighlty above? Where is the best place to buy gold bullion? Is it better to buy scrap pure gold not in the form of bullion bars if I plan to use it for jewelry rather than an investment? If so, where can this be purchased?

I tried to dig back into the post to reference my questions. I know some knowledgeable heads in here can shed some light on this. I will go back and try to find more of the conversation but it's tough since this thread moves pretty fast and that conversation happened a month or two ago if I remember correctly.

Appreciate any responses to this. Could be a good discussion. Thanks
nthat.gif
In this case this would be true since the price of jewelry is much stickier than the price of gold.  Thus when there is a big drop in gold prices, you can get a better deal if you buy at spot and bring it to your jeweler.  

Nothing fancy or as serious as what i seen in this thread but here's what im working with...

Im looking into getting a couple of those little angels for both the gold cuban and rope necklaces.

what are the specs on that rope? I like how it looks normal cut as opposed to diamond cut-- i think 'spiral rope' is the term

The rope is actually a 5mm 14k 30" i beleive its about 12.20 grams, its a hollow rope, but i could be wrong and in fact might be a spiral.

Last edited:

Just got this made, mentioned it before. Turned out better than I thought. 14kt gold, 11 grams, 31 diamonds. Happy with it!

:smokin

This is the exact setup im looking to get on my rope and another for the cuban.

How much do these angels go for?

Last edited:
I had to go back and dig a little bit to find this. I was actually looking for the conversation about bringing your own gold to a jeweler and getting a piece made. These quotes are relevant though. I couldn't pyramid quote (not sure if that's a new update to NT or not) but I multiquoted the responses that ninjahood and JChambers had to cguy610.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but, ninjahood's argument was that bringing your own gold and just paying for labor from the jeweler was cheaper than buying the gold and the labor (finished chain) from the jeweler. Now, two things: 1) since gold prices ARE approaching $1000, and, 2) I agree with JChambers statement that most jewelry stores will not drop their prices in response to the declining gold prices. Will ninjahood's method of bringing pure gold to the jeweler and paying for the labor be a cheaper option for buying a cuban from Daniel's? I know JChambers actually emailed Daniel's asking about this and I don't remember their response (I will go back and look for this). I may be interested in going this route because the gold price dip and also I remember Daniel's slightly increased their prices from a few months ago.

A few more questions I have are: Is the declining gold price we are all talking about only the paper gold price, or, also the physical gold price? If it is the physical gold price as well (which I'm assuming since that only makes sense) then will gold bullion bars/coins be available at this price or slighlty above? Where is the best place to buy gold bullion? Is it better to buy scrap pure gold not in the form of bullion bars if I plan to use it for jewelry rather than an investment? If so, where can this be purchased?

I tried to dig back into the post to reference my questions. I know some knowledgeable heads in here can shed some light on this. I will go back and try to find more of the conversation but it's tough since this thread moves pretty fast and that conversation happened a month or two ago if I remember correctly.

Appreciate any responses to this. Could be a good discussion. Thanks :nthat:

Ninjahood's theory was debunked by everyone on here, including a jeweler. For whatever reason, he thought that he didn't have to pay for labor and overhead.

Cash is king and although you can trade your gold into the jeweler, it really doesn't make much sense to buy the gold just to trade. Anyone can go online right now at apmex.com and buy gold at the spot price plus a premium.

I'm hoping gold prices stabilize because I had planned on getting something very soon and won't want to if the prices are in freefall like they are right now.

Debunked? :lol:

Son what do you think its called when you

Trade gold and put it towards something else..

They'll weigh it & price it accordingly.

Gold = gold since its fungible. What you do is pay

For potential labor & difference is precious metal

Content.

Last edited:
:smokin

This is the exact setup im looking to get on my rope and another for the cuban.

How much do these angels go for?

I already had the scrap 14kt gold, just had to get the custom mold made, and the diamonds. Ended up spending about $600. You can get other angels from LAX, If&Co, shayanafshar and others

Back
Top Bottom