**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

On a side note, went to see my local Jeweler today to get a quote on some work I want to get done on my medallion piece, and he noticed my bracelet, he took it look at it and first words out of his mouth were, "wow this is hand made, very good quality and test out perfectly"

That post about John Mayer being sold fake watches is just disgusting man. Some jewelers out there really selling counterfeits.

It seems to be saying counterfeit parts in the rolex, and not that the entire watches were counterfeit. So I'm thinking like aftermarket bands, bezels, etc.

Most of these jewelers sell used rolexes with non-rolex parts in them, especially the custom diamond bezels.

I remember LAX or Golden Sun, I think, a while ago talking about how jewelers are selling frankenrolexes.

That post about John Mayer being sold fake watches is just disgusting man. Some jewelers out there really selling counterfeits.

From what I understand, he bought something like 100 watches and 6 or 7 of them had counterfeit parts (through no fault of the dealer, who is one of the most reputable dealers in the industry).

On a serious note diamond prices are arbitrary, there is not a true market for them the prices are set by some dumb random *** old dude that thinks he knows what he's talking about, so better to spend money ur money on gold, there's a true market and spot price for it and u get something that actually could have a decent t resale value

\
That cuban bracelet is nice man. I've been thinking about getting one from Daniels maybe in a few months. How'd you decide on the size length?

I'm debating between yellow or white gold.

Yeah the size is hard, there is nothing like seeing them in person, I'm actually gonna grab a white gold one in maybe 14mm in May when I head back down to Mia, but I just felt like 12mm was the perfect size between classy and gaudy, but it sometimes feels a little small, if u like bigger sizes I say go with 15mm or above

I'm thinking 18mm would be the perfect size for me so that's what I'm shooting for eventually, so we'll see, lol

Last edited:
Lax ain't selling me no chain for $35 a gram :lol:
@laxrolex [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Same thing I'm saying. If that's the case I need me a fullsized Jesus piece with diamonds and a Cuban today

That set up is gonna cost you either way but I'm pretty sure there are very few people that can get close to his prices, he offered me some crazy good price just a few weeks back on some stuff, just hit him up on his cell phone he'll get right back to you

Last edited:
Our homie BoB picking up his Icebox Cuban

Old School Corum Rolls Royce Watch 
pimp.gif

Gold Prezzy with Red Stick Dial 
pimp.gif

Yeah the size is hard, there is nothing like seeing them in person, I'm actually gonna grab a white gold one in maybe 14mm in May when I head back down to Mia, but I just felt like 12mm was the perfect size between classy and gaudy, but it sometimes feels a little small, if u like bigger sizes I say go with 15mm or above

I'm thinking 18mm would be the perfect size for me so that's what I'm shooting for eventually, so we'll see, lol

Nice, but I mean like how you decide on the length like 7.5, 8, 8.5 inches. Did you measure your wrists or a watch you had?

Yea, I agree with you that 12mm is a good size between classy and gaudy, especially with yellow gold since it's louder.

That 18 mm would be brolic as hell man.

Nice, but I mean like how you decide on the length like 7.5, 8, 8.5 inches. Did you measure your wrists or a watch you had?

Yea, I agree with you that 12mm is a good size between classy and gaudy, especially with yellow gold since it's louder.

That 18 mm would be brolic as hell man.
the length on mine is 8 inches, I just went to Daniel's and tried on a bunch of different sizes until I felt comfortable.

You could try measuring your wrist but make sure you leave some slack, you don't it to be to tight on your wrist, I would not go off a watch band size unless you wear watches extremely loose, but of course this is all IMO, I like my watch wear tighter and not move around as much and I like the bracelet loose and able to move around, its all based on preference.

I would just go to a local jewelery spot and ask to try different length of bracelets so you can get an idea before ordering, or you can even call David @ Daniel's and tell him your wrist size he will recommend a size, he is good people's and will help you out.

Last edited:
I will soon be in the market for a rolex watch.
Preferably a gold day date
or
Silver Submariner
How much am i looking to drop? On various websites I'm seeing 30k and so, but what about jeweler prices? Like Daniels, LAX etc?

How are you cross-shopping a stainless Sub and a gold DD? It's like saying, "I'm in the market for a 3-series or an M5"

Back
Top Bottom