**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Rey doesn't make any size smaller than 5.5mm tho
I think the ac Milan dude has a baby jesus on a 5mm concave curb--I need to search back through the thread and see if that's right
I do, its 14k 5mm 28" 45-46 grams can't remember off top exactly.

Baby Jesus is 1.7-1.9" 29-30 grams again I can't remember off top nor have the desire to measure/weigh it right now lol

Any opinions/thoughts?

Been looking for an everyday piece that is not flashy or anything. A franco or anything really with a solid gold cross (micro size less than an inch) that hits right at the chest.

Kind of have no where to start, but wanted to just look online for right now.

Something like this maybe, without the diamonds. From IFandCo but we know they overpriced already.

Any opinions/thoughts?

Been looking for an everyday piece that is not flashy or anything. A franco or anything really with a solid gold cross (micro size less than an inch) that hits right at the chest.

Something like this maybe, without the diamonds. From IFandCo but we know they overpriced already.
Something with a plain cross will be easy to find. Check out sarraf or traxnyc. They got all kinds of stuff like that. Something like this comes to mind. 14k 24" franco and a cross slightly bigger than an inch. $675.

After market diamonds on a luxury watch and after market rims/parts on a luxury car are two things that i will never understand. How can someone mess up the design of a Rolex or a Mercedes S550 for example 
mean.gif

Any opinions/thoughts?

Something with a plain cross will be easy to find. Check out sarraf or traxnyc. They got all kinds of stuff like that. Something like this comes to mind. 14k 24" franco and a cross slightly bigger than an inch. $675.
Sole Searchin,

Get on ebay, you will find nicer second stuff, than new crappy stuff off trax and sarraf. 

Appreciate the links.

To clarify it's going to be something I wear as an everyday piece. A franco or anything really with a solid gold cross (micro size less than an inch) that hits right at the chest would be ideal. I would be working, working out, showering, swimming, etc with it on.

Would ya'll recommend 18k or would 14k be a better choice? Kind of open to a cross or a micro jesus piece, but the bulk of it kind of turns me away for an everyday piece.

Would go try some on if ya'll had any recommendations of places in Houston, just not Johnny Dang lol.

Appreciate the links.

To clarify it's going to be something I wear as an everyday piece. A franco or anything really with a solid gold cross (micro size less than an inch) that hits right at the chest would be ideal. I would be working, working out, showering, swimming, etc with it on.

Would ya'll recommend 18k or would 14k be a better choice? Kind of open to a cross or a micro jesus piece, but the bulk of it kind of turns me away for an everyday piece.

Would go try some on if ya'll had any recommendations of places in Houston, just not Johnny Dang lol.

Contact IF and co

They are making me a regular solid cross with no diamonds, exactly 1 inch

Contact IF and co

They are making me a regular solid cross with no diamonds, exactly 1 inch

With a chain? Mind if I ask you what specs you got as far as gold goes (10k, 14k, mm)?

Also, did they send you a picture of the regular solid cross? Just trying to see what it would look like. What'd you end up paying if you're fine with disclosing that?

Or PM me. Thought you were going for the micro Jesus?

Any opinions/thoughts?

Solid Francos get heavy. A Franco would be in the 20's gram wise if unless it's a 2mm, which is probaby the thinnest mm males wear.

Heavier the chain is the heavier the pendants gotta be. Gotta keep the proportions right.

I'd find the pendant first then pick the chain based on the pendant weight. Pendants gotta weigh at least 1/3 I the chain, I say that's at minimum

Lengthwise depends on your height and neck thickness. Cut strings of different lengths and see what you like

For a plain cross or crucifix I think ebay or pawn shops would have you covered and have better variety than what's for sale from the discount jewelers online. Unless you're looking for a cross pendant over 10 grams or something you shoul be able to find plenty of options.

Last edited:

Sole Searchin,

Get on ebay, you will find nicer second stuff, than new crappy stuff off trax and sarraf. 
I wouldn't put trax and sarraf in the same boat.  I've found Sarraf to be good quality, am I wrong? 
Solid Francos get heavy. A Franco would be in the 20's gram wise if unless it's a 2mm, which is probaby the thinnest mm males wear.

Heavier the chain is the heavier the pendants gotta be. Gotta keep the proportions right.

Pendants gotta weigh at least 1/3 I the chain, I say that's at minimum

For everyday pieces I think you can go slightly smaller than 2mm.  But its personal preference and lifestyle specific.  

Is this ratio widely accepted as the norm ?

Last edited:
Appreciate it. Yall think 18k would be fine or too soft for everyday use?

Also looking for a solid piece not gold plated.

Back
Top Bottom