**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Germany did/still does 8 karat gold. I forget the maths but I think it's an alloy that is less dense than sterling silver.

I know a place in Chinatown nyc that offered me a 18 k chain for 35 a gram I didn’t buy it cause it was 22 inches

It was in a 24 k gold Asian style barrel chain
I love Chinese style jewelry but I can only buy their chains at 24 inchies or longer
It’s easier for me to put on a longer Chain since I don’t need to open the clasp

Last edited:
I know a place in Chinatown nyc that offered me a 18 k chain for 35 a gram I didn’t buy it cause it was 22 inches

I love Chinese style jewelry but I can only buy their chains at 24 inchies or longer
It’s easier for me to put on a longer Chain since I don’t need to open the clasp
This had to have been a heavy chain right? :nerd:

damn u coulda maybe bought that and copped another deal another time then get both pieces melted n got something done... $35/gram 18k that's a steeeeeal

damn u coulda maybe bought that and copped another deal another time then get both pieces melted n got something done... $35/gram 18k that's a steeeeeal

I wouldn’t want to do that if I bought the chain I would’ve kept it the way it was because I like the style of

Also if you do melted the chain down to make something else you have to pay for the labor so you’re paying for the gold and the labor as you would buying a chain in the store

Excuse my ignorance, is spot price the price that you can get for gold when you sell it for melt value?

So if spot price of 14k gold is $25 a gram, I can get $25 a gram.

I'm just trying to justify getting a big chain and saying its labor im paying for and the money gon be in my savings anyways. I got a brokerage, 401k, and all that nonsense sittin real heavy, and got a few extra racks layin around, figured might as well turn that into something flashy i can rock. I'll pay the labor for that.

Excuse my ignorance, is spot price the price that you can get for gold when you sell it for melt value?

So if spot price of 14k gold is $25 a gram, I can get $25 a gram.

I'm just trying to justify getting a big chain and saying its labor im paying for and the money gon be in my savings anyways. I got a brokerage, 401k, and all that nonsense sittin real heavy, and got a few extra racks layin around, figured might as well turn that into something flashy i can rock. I'll pay the labor for that.

Buying gold is like an investment you can wear since you can always sell it.

But the truth is that you’re hardly ever going to get back what you paid for it or even break even for that matter. So if you’re ok with losing a little bit of money on an investment (really not that much different than buying stock or shares in “x” company and that company’s stock price goes down) and the rest of your finances are in order I say go for it.

If you need to justify it to yourself that your paying for the labor I would say that’s a pretty fair justification.

Anybody in here got a grille? Looking to do tops and bottoms but got quoted for 70 a tooth in 18k :rolleyes

Buying gold is like an investment you can wear since you can always sell it.

But the truth is that you’re hardly ever going to get back what you paid for it or even break even for that matter. So if you’re ok with losing a little bit of money on an investment (really not that much different than buying stock or shares in “x” company and that company’s stock price goes down) and the rest of your finances are in order I say go for it.

If you need to justify it to yourself that your paying for the labor I would say that’s a pretty fair justification.

Not too mention the fact that you can lose it.
|l

You should save up for for the next size up go with a 5mm handmade from daniels or any of the other miami shops. I got mine from daniels
20180524_081414.jpg
for $1950 for 64grams over twice the weight than that machine made 4mm. Imo 5mm not too flashy but still stands out people know what it is especially you being a smaller guy it will standout. Dont shop jacojes for cubans with that extra money you will spend with him you might as well fly to miami for a weekend and pick up a cuban.
Is this 4mm or 5mm?

What’s the length and linkage of the chain?

Although 18k has a higher content of pure gold that still does sound a little expensive. And must it be 18k? You’ll get a lot more chain at 14 k. I can’t imagine a chain at that weight being more than 2mm unless you’re dealing with something hollow/semi hollow.

13.4 grams? Don't pay more than $551

That’s like $70/G nah fam

What’s the length on this 20”?

20" yes. If I find it too short later on I'll gift it to my seed or something.

Appreciate all the quick responses and advice. Went back to the store equipped with the ammo y'all provided and some research of my own. After 20 minutes of haggling, phoning a fake friend, threats of taking my business elsewhere and the salesman getting numerous approvals from the manager, I got a price closer to what was advised here.

$1050 suddenly became $625 out the door. I gotta come back so they can fix my other smaller rope chain (for free).
IMG_20180705_135248.jpg

20" yes. If I find it too short later on I'll gift it to my seed or something.

Appreciate all the quick responses and advice. Went back to the store equipped with the ammo y'all provided and some research of my own. After 20 minutes of haggling, phoning a fake friend, threats of taking my business elsewhere and the salesman getting numerous approvals from the manager, I got a price closer to what was advised here.

$1050 suddenly became $625 out the door. I gotta come back so they can fix my other smaller rope chain (for free).
IMG_20180705_135248.jpg
That’s what the **** I’m talking bout :pimp:
giphy.gif

No one has a grill? Maybe i can find something online for cheap and just send them a mold

Back
Top Bottom