**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I wonder if Jacob & Co will ever embrace their 90's & 2000's period more. They've mentioned the Pharrel chain over the past couple of years and the signature watches of course but they've done so many other great pieces, that ring Biz Markie is wearing being one of the earliest if I'm not mistaken. The Kanye Jesus pieces are deserving of more attention IMO.

Last edited:
I wonder if Jacob & Co will ever embrace their 90's & 2000's period more. They've mentioned the Pharrel chain the the past couple of years and the signature watches of course but they've done so many other great pieces, that ring Biz Markie is wearing being one of the earliest if I'm not mistaken. The Kanye Jesus pieces are deserving of more attention IMO.

Most that ish is garbage

I wonder if Jacob & Co will ever embrace their 90's & 2000's period more. They've mentioned the Pharrel chain the the past couple of years and the signature watches of course but they've done so many other great pieces, that ring Biz Markie is wearing being one of the earliest if I'm not mistaken. The Kanye Jesus pieces are deserving of more attention IMO.

The Clientele has changed drastically... rappers nowadays do not want to pay Jacob prices... the business is predominantly wealthy Europeans and Saudis... the brand is very watch focused and large gem focused. The watches are limited production... 2 of my watches are 1 of 18... this is why you don’t see much of any of the new Jacob watches floating around like you did with the 5 time zone.

Simply put they have bigger clients now. I have personally seen on 4 occasions people from QATAR, MONOCO and JAPAN spend over 1MM in one trip. UAE royals love the watches.

What's the price point on the new watches? And why do you go to Jacob over say IF&CO or Mr. Flawless, Jason of BH

The Clientele has changed drastically... rappers nowadays do not want to pay Jacob prices... the business is predominantly wealthy Europeans and Saudis... the brand is very watch focused and large gem focused. The watches are limited production... 2 of my watches are 1 of 18... this is why you don’t see much of any of the new Jacob watches floating around like you did with the 5 time zone.

Simply put they have bigger clients now. I have personally seen on 4 occasions people from QATAR, MONOCO and JAPAN spend over 1MM in one trip. UAE royals love the watches.

What's the price point on the new watches? And why do you go to Jacob over say IF&CO or Mr. Flawless, Jason of BH

New prices range from 30k- 1.5MM. avg full diamond watch is 300k. Example you see all the new AP BAGGUETTE WATCHES Jacob was doing that in 2004. You will see that those bust down BAGGUETTE AP’s will be worthless later because that setting and stone type is really hard to get the proper cut and match of stones... you waste a lot of diamonds doing such a watch. Only a few jewelers can do it the right way. Most of those watches will have inclusions or won’t match.

I go to Jacob because they have the best diamond quality. Take any diamond jewelry you own say a bust down Rolex from 47th or anything else like full diamond Cuban. The stone quality will be put to shame when you putbitbnext to Jacob’s stones. Don’t get me wrong you still have to be educated on what you are buying so you tell them what you want (they still do custom pieces) but they will only present the best quality. They won’t present anything less. You always get VVS or VS D & F color. Even the small stones come from a D & F color larger stone. Some say it’s hard to tell with small stones the quality (meaning you can get Si 1 parcels and you won’t be able to tell the difference) I can attest that you can tell the differnce... again get a Jacob dial and a after market bust down Rolex dial. The Jacob dial will need no flash to refract. If I knew how to post video I would show u side by side. The 47th street stuff often has to be put out of focus for you to see thy rainbow luster... again Jacob you can move the camera very slowly and stones will all refract

I also buy colored stones and Jacob along with Leon diamond are the few people who have access to big colored stones

Now as for those brands listed I have been to all and bought from flawless and IF.

All people had cool experience they quality is where I didn’t care for.

Flawless had nice stuff but much of it is things made in a factory being resold.. well at least when he was at Jacobs old booth. His prices are very much set to what the trend is. If iced AP’s are the new thing the prices will be inflated based on that. However negation always available. Much of the diamonds are Si because most of it are dust down small diamonds things. However if you want to pay they will give you VS. again the issue for me is.. present me with the best.

IF & Co was nice I bought when ken Jen was still there lol that boy can sell. But they often repped the stones as VS plus meaning a mix of VS and Si. I just felt if your telling me VS it should be all VS not anything less anywhere. They were honest though and the prices were actually decent

Jason of BH I have not shopped there

avainnies: you will always run into old Jacob clients there... they don’t pay attention to detail imo I commonly see display items with mismatched gems (color wise)

Rafaello: I feel their prices are bad. They start extremely high and you negeotitate from there. Want proof ask they to quote you on something you know you bought for a very fair price. Go in person see for yourself.

I could name others but I cannot recall all the jewelers this instant

Edit:

Icebox: I feel they are a good example of you get what you pay for. Buying from them years ago and present I have never known them to offer VS out the door.The pic below is a watch listed on the website or was listed formerly...

0FD807D4-656B-4FEB-8CC4-F3A77C2CBF78.jpeg

D3AE0BAC-696D-433B-9C6C-A79F29D77398.jpeg

This is 65k for si 2 G-H color stones I assume eye clear... I feel this is charging for the trend. Once this trend is over you won’t get 25k for this watch... want proof look up what a stainless steel after market royal oak offshore from 2013-14 is selling for. HOWEVER I must say they are telling the truth... they are not misrepresenting the watch... you are just over paying... now I know I am partial to Jacob but again quality is why... if I paid 65 at Jacob it’s all VS VVS D-F color. However I would pay 100 at Jacob. Look at it this way... for the same 65 you could have just bought a gold chrono royal oak and the watch won’t lose much value at all.

Again no shots at any of these jewelers they're many things that could be said bad about Jacob (no plain jane jacob that i have ever seen is touching a plain jane rolex presidential AP royal Oak)... I am just giving you an analysis based on purchases and years of buying. I used to say I am not paying all thy extra money for VS when Si 1 will shine the same... it’s like the Chrysler 300 joke... it looks like a phantom till you pull up next to a phantom.

Last edited:

If they don't want to pay jacob prices then why are they still going to elliot, flawless, aviannes, etc. Those guys charge an arm and leg for only a few grams of gold.

I do agree about the diamonds though. The yellow diamonds in my Jacob piece look better than the yellow in my Icebox. They're a lot more vibrant. Also when comparing the blue diamonds in mine to robsheedwallace's blue diamonds

If they don't want to pay jacob prices then why are they still going to elliot, flawless, aviannes, etc. Those guys charge an arm and leg for only a few grams of gold.

I do agree about the diamonds though. The yellow diamonds in my Jacob piece look better than the yellow in my Icebox. They're a lot more vibrant. Also when comparing the blue diamonds in mine to robsheedwallace's blue diamonds

Because the Jacob price is still more. I just don’t want to put my business out there but if you know the prices of the watches I posted before then you know roughly how much more. It’s considerbly more at Jacob. I am not talking the old 5 time zone stuff I’m talking all my new 1 of 18 pieces. All those cost far more than most rappers chains and I’m talking the nice chains.

Now you would say that is stupid... I would say.. will eilliot or flawless trade that piece back for the same cost you bought it? Jacob will. No you are not getting cash but you will get your retail value toward the new purchase

Thinking about getting the whole family chains for x mas one for me my son (8) and daughter (19) and my wife its my first gold chain they all want rose gold chains I don't know what the hell i want yet any idea of a good place to get a deal. Or any ideas what would be a good strong first chain for a 8 year old he plays football and baseball and does not take them off (has two silver chains)

Last edited:
did dave bling/david bling ever design for Jacob? one of those Jacob pieces for sale in the midwest looked similar to one on a website called Toxsur which says that David Bling is one of the most well-known high-end jewelry designers for Toxsur:
z_11861CROPPRO.JPG

the ones that were for sale on tradesy (one is actually still available)
jacob-and-co-14k-rose-gold-and-diamond-jesus-pendant-charm-21070687-0-4.jpg
jacob-and-co-14k-white-gold-diamond-jesus-head-pendant-charm-21072026-0-5.jpg

did dave bling/david bling ever design for Jacob? one of those Jacob pieces for sale in the midwest looked similar to one on a website called Toxsur which says that David Bling is one of the most well-known high-end jewelry designers for Toxsur:
z_11861CROPPRO.JPG

the ones that were for sale on tradesy (one is actually still available)
jacob-and-co-14k-rose-gold-and-diamond-jesus-pendant-charm-21070687-0-4.jpg
jacob-and-co-14k-white-gold-diamond-jesus-head-pendant-charm-21072026-0-5.jpg

I have bought from David before... they all know each other but no he did not design for Jacob. David doesn’t use the same Jesus mold, this is David’s mold. I know because I once had this piece. 14k Si diamonds... 25k for VS

Those pieces above all look like that because of the era they were made. That treated diamond era.

That booth on 47th were David is mostly is selling traded pieces or finding pieces... they will make you whatever but that is not the strength. How can you tell? Go to the booth and see the quality of what is there... most things Si so it can be sold as is and then if you want better they will tell you it can be made.

82E63058-474E-4DEA-A2AB-60D978BC2E8F.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom