**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

My problem is I wanted my Cuban by my birthday in Nov. I really need to be ordering now but I know prices are gonna drop.. not sure wht to do

And Ninjas racist?!? Wht I miss
why do you think its going to dip?

He been sayin it’s gone dip for over a year. :lol:
He was partially right but jewelers weren’t havin it. So the price continues to go up.
Prices are down already.. these jewelers are just hella sleezy! Don't really matter when u buy ur own gold and pay reye for labor

They disagree on where gold will land but all say this spike is govt related. Most think it will dip as low as 1700/oz after the elections then eventually rise. Some say 4000/oz. Some say 10,000/oz. Better be ready to buy if it goes below 1800!!

Jeweler pricing is not reflective of material costs. At the end of the day there is a profit to be made on everything.

If the demand at $2k an oz for gold was as high as it was at $1.5k an oz, what incentive do jewelers have to lower the prices on their merchandise? You might not buy it but someone else will. Supply and demand 101.

Jeweler pricing is not reflective of material costs. At the end of the day there is a profit to be made on everything.

If the demand at $2k an oz for gold was as high as it was at $1.5k an oz, what incentive do jewelers have to lower the prices on their merchandise? You might not buy it but someone else will. Supply and demand 101.

5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d

Ur right.. if a jeweler bought a piece at a certain price, they're not likely to raise or lower their price.. but Reyes and daniels charge prices based on spot gold price then make most of their money on labor. U have to find/build wit a good jeweler. Just like diamonds..good dealers will give u what u paid if u upgrade wit them

I have a question that im hoping someone can answer for me:

If I wanted to have an old chain of mine melted down to be used to make a new cuban, You would just be responsible for the labor cost correct?

I was Thinking of making an order with Daniel , but the turnaround is 8 weeks . All the online sites are so busy right now

If I wanted to have an old chain of mine melted down to be used to make a new cuban, You would just be responsible for the labor cost correct?
Depends on the jeweler.

Many will not make any new jewelry out of scrap. They'll buy your chain close to spot value but not full and you can use that credit towards a new chain and pay the difference.

I know Leons was doing it awhile back and charging like $5.00 a gram.

Back
Top Bottom