**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

DONT do it buy local for 2 reasons see what your getting before you pay and you will get a better price in store I’d you shop around at a local jeweler

QUOTE="donewithjs, post: 34225741, member: 129528"]
This is the second chain I got from them like this. The other ones soldering job was even worse.
stop buying for that place and fight to get your money back

that cheap soldered lock will break overtime
[/QUOTE]

decided to pass... great deal but their work looks trash and I don't want to have to worry about returning it...might just wait on my local jeweler to get me a chain... was thinking of copping a pendant first lol... I might hit up NYC this weekend.... is the diamond district open on Saturday? I might check popular jewelry in chinatown as well... any experience with them?

stop buying for that place and fight to get your money back

that cheap soldered lock will break overtime

decided to pass... great deal but their work looks trash and I don't want to have to worry about returning it...might just wait on my local jeweler to get me a chain... was thinking of copping a pendant first lol... I might hit up NYC this weekend.... is the diamond district open on Saturday? I might check popular jewelry in chinatown as well... any experience with them?
[/QUOTE]

The diamond district is closed on the weekend for the most part you gotta go during the week and to find the best deal make a day of it
go to as many places to find the best price

popular jewelry is not worth the trip plus there is little to no social distancing in that store
there are some other good shops on canal street but shop around their also

also remember to pay only $5.00 to $10.00 or anywhere between that over spot price to get the best deal

giphy.gif

check out Tommy jewels in Chinatown. He did my pendant and he got some decent stuff.

the price is great... I'm thinking about taking the chance, for the most part their links look good, then I saw 2 that scares me 😂

that price is the best currently I have seen of any jeweler
but if the quality is crap don't buy it only check it out if you can go into the store plus I'm guessing your in nyc

I don't know anything about them but based off name, I'd be a little cautious... Cash4Gold? They using scrap? If you're cool with that then this could be a steal. Its very close to the prepandemic prices per gram.

I don't know anything about them but based off name, I'd be a little cautious... Cash4Gold? They using scrap? If you're cool with that then this could be a steal. Its very close to the prepandemic prices per gram.

you’re absolutely right they probably are using scrap gold at these prices
but if you can check the chain before you pay that’s a great price
you need to ask if this place has “plum” gold
they might lie and tell you yes so I would have the gold tested with the metal gun
i forgot what the gun is called does anyone know the correct term ?

is anyone from Florida in this thread ?

they might lie and tell you yes so I would have the gold tested with the metal gun

The correct term would be “Thermo Scientific Niton XL2 800 XRF Analyzer”

leon matching that, going back with them!

My assumption with c4g is they’re selling chains they bought from people who basically sold it to them for cash. So basically used chains.

Back
Top Bottom