**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

bgd4yc.jpg

Love this pic right here
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

" Guys, when people say lab made diamonds, they're just trying to avoid the word cubic zirconia because some people get scared when they hear that word. I would probably be willing to put it in writing that you won't find more than a dozen companies that actually make lab made diamond jewelry (not including moissanites, of course). all this stuff posted in the last few pages about lab made diamonds are not diamonds, nor are they better quality stones than cubic zirconia in any way, shape, or form. "

Exactly!!

Havent posted in forever, used to post under this name way back and under SA Town Hustler.. Those from the early volumes should remember me.. Been around jewelry all my life and about 6 yrs ago, i decided I was gonna find a way to make it in this business no matter how hard it was.. Got a place I used to spend stacks at to let me work for commission only...went from there to another spot then went into the wholesale repair/custom side of the business and worked with a company called Gem Creations.. With them I was an apprentice.. I had though about school but this apprentice I felt was better. Took a HUGE paycut to work as a polisher and burn up my fingers daily but kept on grinding...honed my skills with the wax carvings and eventually got on the bench and learned how to use the torch.. I can set solitaires but Im not gonna say I can do anymore than that....

One thing among millions of things that Ive learned is that stone setting is truly an art...really alot of this stuff is so much harder than you would ever think to make, create, repair, whatever. Stone setters dont get paid much.. Jewelers dont get paid much.. Unless you with a company REALLY well known in the custom game u aint making much off that... Salespeople can get paid three times as much as alot of bench jewelers which is crazy to me. In the last 7 yrs Ive worked for four corporate jewelry stores also : Friedmans Jewelers, Gordons Jewelers, Zales and JC Penney Fine Jewelry.. Beleive it or not JC Penney paid the best. The jewelry I sold was crap but with commission $20 an hr is easy.. These others stores dont pay much in commission, so you need to get in with a HIGH hourly.. Helzburg Diamonds pays ok...managers can make 70K to low six figures.. Jareds salespeople can make bank, but the jewelers not at all.. Even a level one jeweler pretty much taps out at $20 an hr which is messed up cuz jewelers are under so much stress, while as salespeople we do whatever we want and joke around all day lol..

Ive also learned I love sales more than repairs but designing is the most fun.

Local jewelry stores will teach you ALOT but 90% dont pay anything but its a sacrifice.. With my first company Afton Jewelers, I truly learned about jewelry in general and then with Gem Creations I learned the repair side and the COSTS which was very very important to me. My goal was also to be able to learn as much as I can and then find a way to put everything together and make it something special..

Another thing Ive learned is that if your just trying to get rich it aint gonna happen. And that was never my intentions, anyone that knows me, knows I got into the business cuz i had a passion for it. However, i thought it would be easy since I been around the jewelry business all my life LOL but NO! Most people WILL NOT HELP YOU. Although shouts out to Ben for always getting back to me asap and helping me build that confidence, but really you gotta figure it out on your own. It aint easy!! And at almost every side or level from corportate to mom and pop to wholesale to retail I seen so much shady stuff its crazy...you gotta go hard with this business to just make it..especially down south in a city like San Antonio but either way its my passion..everyday Im working on jewelry or working on designs or selling jewelry...i love it thats my life and thats all I plan to do.. A company as impressive as Focus Diamonds, JOBH, and Icee Fresh are of course my future goals

Speaking of...Ben..them Mayweather blogs were epic!!!

Anyways to the subject....dont be fooled by alot of these people claiming Lab made this and Lab made that... They all full of it!!

I know that cuz they I get calls all day with so many people completely confused asking about lab made. And to be clear Im not here to advertise..thats not needed...my new business partner Murray...Murray's Diamonds...has already been doing his thing. He's been on youtube for a good while and even though we have never listed a video with labeled "Lab Made" unless it actually tested, we still get calls all daying asking for lab made stuff. But when we mention the price of Moiss, everyone freaks out LOL!!! I mean its cheaper than diamonds but still not cheap. The majority of those youtube videos that label LAB MADE WILL NOT TEST WITH A DIAMOND TESTER. They are simulated stones. They will mimic the shine of a diamond but definately not test like one. Now technically you could say that a cz was made in a lab however alot of these youtube jewelers working out of their bedroom are just trying to fool you..

As ive said before I dont post alot...havent in years and I dont wanna get into any back and forth with anyone as i respect everyone in this business but some are just too damn shady and they need to be called out. Also its amazing how many people view this thread and how powerful it is

I thought I spoke on this a while ago.
lab made diamonds = straight up cubic zirconia and whatever makes these jewelers get their sale or whatever makes these cats who rock FAKE stones feel better about their purchase.

ninja, resale on what kind of diamonds? loose diamonds? 1 carat? 4 carat? it all depends

now cultured diamonds? whole different ball game, them %@*+$ is clowning Moissinites and companies like tiffany or debeers do NOT want them to enter the mainstream markets.

now on wholesale? retail?

the game is so messed up now, nobody will tell you. 

"jewelers" used to get a much bigger break on gold and diamonds, but as of recently, it's not as easy anymore,

depending on how often and how much you buy, you need to have solid connects.

you can peddle a chain here, or do barters and trade and all that, but please believe, eating some decent meals and driving a kinda cool whip isn't "making it" as a jeweler

nowadays, you can't really charge a ton over cost for gold chains or just gold only pieces.

when you went on a site like goldenmine.com or something similar you can expect to pay around $20 extra per gram and even up to $40 extra per gram

so if raw gold costs around $28 a gram for 14k gold, then online stores are charging around $48 to $65 a gram easy!

the thing is nowadays, it's hard to charge that retail premium even though gold is in demand or is high, not many people are buying it (makes no sense then huh?)

you're gonna have to pay for gold labor period, you'll have to pay for the mold, etc

just because you see a franco that's 100 grams, doesn't mean you're going to buy it for $2800, 9 times out of 8 that won't happen.

on the other end, you won't get exactly $2800 for that 100 gram chain when its melted necessarily because these places charge for refinery fees and things like that.

if you see a diamondless jesus piece in an official size that weighs like 120 - 150 grams, please believe you're gonna pay the labor costs, mold costs, etc.

make sure you check to see if your gold is 10k or better, when we sell 10k gold, our 10k is like 10.2k or better, 

I see waaay too much gold getting tested recently and having 7k - 8k smh and being sold as 10k!

as for diamonds? I mean, check around and don't worry about buying from Tiffany, if your girl wants that tiffany aqua blue box, then cop something from a jeweler who has certs and get yourself a $60 silver charm and use that tiffany box to give her lol

f.y.i. Jacob charges tiffany pricing for the most part... a jesus piece from his store is in the 20K + range easy, same with fully iced out dog tags.

for a diamond engagement ring today that I'm selling for exactly $23,000, tiffany and co. is selling that exact spec ring for $45,000 + smh

you can't fake jacks on a certified stone. especially an GIA diamond (or EGL USA which is like 92%)

as for overall pricing of things you see in a display case? it can be anywhere from 3x to 10x marked up. there is no more standard pricing, everyone these days pretty much makes up their own pricing.

a lot of these southern jewelers have screwed up the game so bad, they are just trying to survive, but at the same time killing it for anyone outside their region.

once you step outside and put a piece next to another piece, you really pay for what you get these days. I laugh when I see genuine gold and a genuine diamond piece for $10,000 but it's huge. and I can see the seattle weather from far away and as soon as I put my hands on it, it's lighter than a empty CD case.

or on the other end, these pieces are 10k gold on the outside and then filled with brass or alloy on the inside to make the pieces feel heavier smh.....

everything I seen on Floyd Mayweather was VS1 or better, and I'm talking about 2carat solitaire tennis bracelets and insane pieces with 7 carat diamond solitaires involved smh

everything we ever sold him was VVS or better

after the Champ had 7 million in jewels stolen from his crib, everything I've seen and I seen a damn lot if not everything, was made by either Lyor/Mordecai (vegas) Jacob or Me.... he was buying crosses and chains like they were tshirts.

Originally Posted by PHONE CHECK HOMEY

a lot of these southern jewelers have screwed up the game so bad, they are just trying to survive, but at the same time killing it for anyone outside their region.
once you step outside and put a piece next to another piece, you really pay for what you get these days. I laugh when I see genuine gold and a genuine diamond piece for $10,000 but it's huge. and I can see the seattle weather from far away and as soon as I put my hands on it, it's lighter than a empty CD case.

or on the other end, these pieces are 10k gold on the outside and then filled with brass or alloy on the inside to make the pieces feel heavier smh.....

You absolutely right I visited some Family in Atl and there was plenty of tacky pieces all over the place ,the prices they said they were paying were ridiculous. I'm talking about hood dudes dropping car $ on #%%*%$!$ mall pieces thinking every stone is VVS.This thread has helped me a lot in being able to talk to Jewelers about pieces/diamonds and decipher if they trying to get over on me or not.Man even in the diamond district out here in NYC they getting lazy with the work on custom pieces especially Avianne and them.

Always been a huge rose gold fan. Ben blew me away with this custom piece! The diamonds and the setting job is just perfection! It was a small piece but IF&Co got a customer for life based on the workmanship, customer service, detail and most of all the diamond quality
smokin.gif

10kt rose gold / 4ct fully flooded cross. They do black, yellow and white on the regular but special made the rose for me. Thanks brother!

moz-screenshot-5.png
2nuu0qt.jpg

20r1kll.jpg

t06iyr.jpg

k9f3gg.jpg

2eoijd3.jpg

Took the pic without flash in the dark to show the detail. I'll post up a short video later that shows the way this thing dances in real life.

I already had the 14kt beaded chain so I had Ben put a bail on it. Love the way it looks on the chain. I've had a lot of jewelry in the past but nothing that gets so much positive attention from the ladies and super wealthy people 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Kingtre

pimp.gif
i loved that cross on the rosarys they have and wanted to change mines out-
I personally think your cross is >... Im still wondering if a 5-6mm cuban would fit on there.

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

Originally Posted by Kingtre

pimp.gif
i loved that cross on the rosarys they have and wanted to change mines out-
I personally think your cross is >... Im still wondering if a 5-6mm cuban would fit on there.
as a standalone i like mines but at the bottom of the rosay i love that one- and it would just be the bail so you can have If+co make it to fit whatever...your not just buying from a online storefront or something..hit them and tell them the exact specs and what you need and they'll make it happen-

may is usually when i buy myself new jewels but its already looking like a ugly month- maybe if i come outta vegas with a profit ill upgrade to the cluster
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom