**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Yall see Daniels new Jesus piece on ig?
Lol ya the eyes are bigger than the mouth. I feel sorry for who ever buys that 
mean.gif

I think it'd be alright if it wasn't for the eyebrows.  Those grouch marx eyebrows seem standard on "factory"/"catalog" christ medallions though.  they really downgrade the look IMO.  worse when they're iced out .  those lionheads they posted look pretty neat

If I want to make a custom pendant and I have enough gold to melt down to make the piece how much should the jeweler be charging me for labour, mould, and all that??

If I want to make a custom pendant and I have enough gold to melt down to make the piece how much should the jeweler be charging me for labour, mould, and all that??
Could be $100 could be $10,000. Depends on the design, weight, size. 

A simple initial pendant around 50 grams give or take and probably around 3 inches tall..
I would say on the low end around $150 - $200 but some jewelers will try and charge upwards of $7-800. I would PM a couple jewelers on here maybe with a rough copy picture.

A simple initial pendant around 50 grams give or take and probably around 3 inches tall..
I would say on the low end around $150 - $200 but some jewelers will try and charge upwards of $7-800. I would PM a couple jewelers on here maybe with a rough copy picture.

I highly doubt anyone is doing any work for 100-200!

You have to understand if you want a good clean crisp wax you have to go to someone who is good and that wax is going to run you at least $500 alone.

The labor might run around $300-500

So what you're saying "jewelers want to charge"
Is actually more accurate and not because it can be done for less but because it does cost that.

Ya that might be a bit low but someone like Rey who is trying to make a name for himself will probably hook up a good deal in that ballpark. Depends how simple the design is. 

so brehs this is de jesus that was in question last night

I wreckin if the eyebrows were gone it'd be OK, what chew think?  yeah it's other things that could be improved too but that's when you pay 10 and more I guess

Ya that might be a bit low but someone like Rey who is trying to make a name for himself will probably hook up a good deal in that ballpark. Depends how simple the design is. 
something like the Pittsburgh Pirates logo. A local jeweler said something like 150-200 and they would take a few grams of gold but that was a while ago and when I went back they didn't want to do it..

Just talked to Rey, looks like he strictly focused on cubans right now. I was looking to get a custom pendant.

Back
Top Bottom