**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I went up to the diamond district today
and i don't know why anyone shops there if your not a celebrity

98.9 % of the Jewelers up there are pushy scumbags who when you question them on their per gram selling price on that day most have a attitude

I rather shop at canal street then buy the trash there selling at the prices they ask.

You might get the same personalities and attitudes on canal st but you will get a better price if you know how to bargain with Jewelers and know what to ask

Also I love chinese 24 karat gold & chinese platinum jewelery so the tin hollow and sold 10 and 14 k cap I saw did nothing for me like 24 k does
24 is something you can't even find in the Diamond District except one store on Fifth Avenue the people there where actually very nice and not at all pushy.

But even with the high end 24 k and 950 Platinum canal st is cheaper then this shop on 5 Ave

diamond district got da prestige

Canal Street got da deals.

crazy thing about killer Mike's piece is how...hmm tame it looks in 2017.

if this was 2002 that ish would be top 5, but folks done wild ish since.

Jimmy boi did that piece right? I like it a lot, but something about it being headless and having the bail on making it look like a head. I know that's being picky, but I can't look past it. Whole set up is still amazing.

I went up to the diamond district today
and i don't know why anyone shops there if your not a celebrity

98.9 % of the Jewelers up there are pushy scumbags who when you question them on their per gram selling price on that day most have a attitude

I rather shop at canal street then buy the trash there selling at the prices they ask.

You might get the same personalities and attitudes on canal st but you will get a better price if you know how to bargain with Jewelers and know what to ask

Also I love chinese 24 karat gold & chinese platinum jewelery so the tin hollow and sold 10 and 14 k cap I saw did nothing for me like 24 k does
24 is something you can't even find in the Diamond District except one store on Fifth Avenue the people there where actually very nice and not at all pushy.

But even with the high end 24 k and 950 Platinum canal st is cheaper then this shop on 5 Ave

I agree, last time i went to NYC i must have looked at a 100 cubans before buying one from Canal, they gave me the best price and by far the best quality (tight links, hangs straight etc)

IMG_20170910_144247.jpg

Anyone sold jewelry on ebay before? If so, any suggestions or things to avoid? Going to finally list my Cuban but always weary of scammers.

Obvious things like ship with signature required and keep detailed pics are a given but still.

9mm 28in 14k 177g in case anyone in NY/NJ is interested.

Last edited:
Anyone sold jewelry on ebay before? If so, any suggestions or things to avoid? Going to finally list my Cuban but always weary of scammers.

Obvious things like ship with signature required and keep detailed pics are a given but still.

Ebay fees are 10% . You need to ship with insurance and signature conformation. Do it as a buy it now and try to get at least 5200 for it

Last edited:

Use your gut with guys on Ebay wanting to do sales directly from Paypal once they see your price. Last year I sold a 14k Cuban 148 gram bracelet on ebay and this dude with a Russian name from Nevada who bought the thing on Ebay. He had the bracelet for 5 weeks then all of a sudden said he thinks it fake and wants his money back. I told Ebay it was solid and tested.Since he took a month to start scamming , Ebay had my back.

What i noticed when selling jewelry (In person) is that 99.999% of the time the buyer will think they're buying a bigger piece than they really are. They have no concept of size.

Be as detailed as you can.
Take good clear pictures
Be clear that all sales are final.
State that you only ship to verified Paypal addresses.
Tell buyers with less than 15 positive feedbacks to message you before buying.
Sell only to US/Canada

I would just sell it privately to be honest. Also if you have less that 25 sales on ebay they will jam your money up for up to 21 days. Also you lose 13%. 10 to Ebay and 2.9 to Paypal.

What i noticed when selling jewelry (In person) is that 99.999% of the time the buyer will think they're buying a bigger piece than they really are. They have no concept of size.

Be as detailed as you can.
Take good clear pictures
Be clear that all sales are final.
State that you only ship to verified Paypal addresses.
Tell buyers with less than 15 positive feedbacks to message you before buying.
Sell only to US/Canada

I would just sell it privately to be honest. Also if you have less that 25 sales on ebay they will jam your money up for up to 21 days. Also you lose 13%. 10 to Ebay and 2.9 to Paypal.

This is great advice. And no way in hell would I pay eBay and PayPal to be the middle man and make $500 bucks on fees off me. No chance. Wait for a promo, sit on it, or trade it in for something better

With those Ebay fees, you might as well just sell it for scrap at the closest you can get to spot. At least then you have peace of mind that you won't get scammed out of the whole thing.

With those Ebay fees, you might as well just sell it for scrap at the closest you can get to spot. At least then you have peace of mind that you won't get scammed out of the whole thing.

Yup. Especially when the buyer has 90 days to file a claim that the item wasn't as described. In that case Paypal/Ebay will most likely side with the buyer.

where does 1 go to sell sum gold jewelry at close to scrap price? seems like all the refineries that even communicate like straight shooters in their marketing say that they don't buy from the public.

Back
Top Bottom