**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Completely new to jewelry but been meaning to buy something for the past year.

I'm currently looking at a 3.5MM-4MM width cuban around 24 inches in 14K gold. I'm not really looking for anything too flashy..is there that much of a difference between the 2 in size? I'm a small dude (5'7 @ 150) so i didn't want the chain looking too big. What size should I go for if I also have plans on adding a small pendant in the future (2" x 2").

Jewelers I'm looking at:
Jacoje (3.5MM 24" 24 grams for $1050)
Daniel Jewelry (4MM 24" 31 grams for $1250)

Also looking for recommendations in NYC that's priced around the same.

Thanks!
I'd go into a few places local to you and try on the different sizes, you might feel 4mm to small once you try it on

id recommend a 6.5mm cuban chain... that was my first chain and its not too thin and not too thick and flashy... the size is perfect actually...but like others have said you have to try it on to see which you like best

I'm currently looking at a 3.5MM-4MM width cuban around 24 inches in 14K gold. I'm not really looking for anything too flashy..is there that much of a difference between the 2 in size? I'm a small dude (5'7 @ 150) so i didn't want the chain looking too big. What size should I go for if I also have plans on adding a small pendant in the future (2" x 2").

Jewelers I'm looking at:

Thanks!

Jewelers I'm looking at:

Thanks!
You should save up for for the next size up go with a 5mm handmade from daniels or any of the other miami shops. I got mine from daniels
20180524_081414.jpg
for $1950 for 64grams over twice the weight than that machine made 4mm. Imo 5mm not too flashy but still stands out people know what it is especially you being a smaller guy it will standout. Dont shop jacojes for cubans with that extra money you will spend with him you might as well fly to miami for a weekend and pick up a cuban.

fatballer fatballer 8mm+ $30 per gram 14k but 5.5mm and 6mm $32, 7mm $31, 10K i didn't inquire about but re-call his is $24 per gram for 8mm+, maybe same rules apply to 5.5mm-7mm.
Thanks, I got a quote the other day and it was $31/gram for the size I asked about. Looks like I gotta haggle a bit to get that $30/gram price. The buyout price she offered for my old chain was kinda low though, I might need to shop it around for a slightly higher price.

Need a simple 22” 3mm rope chain. Is this my best option?

$755 for 14 kt gold. Approximately 17.5 grams
https://www.jacoje.com/shop/32mm-rope-chain

Thoughts on this eBay listing?
$581.74 for 14 kt gold. Approximately 14.9 grams
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/172153233385

If they’re both supposedly solid gold, 3mm, and 22”, why are the weights different? Shouldn’t they theoretically be the same? Forgive my newb questions.

Chains probably came from 2 diff sources, most weights vary from jeweler to jeweler as well.i have shopped with both Jacoje and Jumpy the ebay dealer is more of a wholesaler as well so his prices are a bit better, as for Jacoje taxes a bit on his pieces.

Thanks, I got a quote the other day and it was $31/gram for the size I asked about. Looks like I gotta haggle a bit to get that $30/gram price. The buyout price she offered for my old chain was kinda low though, I might need to shop it around for a slightly higher price.
I got quoted 31 as well, and placed my order last week.

Jewelers I'm looking at:

Thanks!

im looking for the same bruh but maybe 22"

thoughts about grabbing a 3.5 found one for the low but kinda want that 4mm

some guy on ebay has 4mm for around 1k. would be nice is ebay has a disco code would just cop right now :lol:

here, check this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/14K-AUTHEN...hash=item282c98cf4c:m:mDz35zZZQ7DLfxLRzMjdSqg

i need to find out what size bracelets fit my wrist i dont want the ones with too much room and it hangs off my wrist....im a cop a cuban off reys prally a 12mm... want one for this summer but realistically probably next spring once i get my tax refund back :lol:

Chains probably came from 2 diff sources, most weights vary from jeweler to jeweler as well.i have shopped with both Jacoje and Jumpy the ebay dealer is more of a wholesaler as well so his prices are a bit better, as for Jacoje taxes a bit on his pieces.

I see Daniel has the same 22” 3mm at 16.1g so it’s somewhat in the middle, but he’s charging the most at $935. I guess i’m leaning toward the eBay link, just because it seems to be the better cost per gram value.

Any other recommended alternatives?

Back
Top Bottom