**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I've been plotting for an 18k cuban for quite some time now. Relatively new to the jewelry game but i'm thinking something around 12 or 14mm. CMG seems to have the best deal 12mm @ $11,000 abd 14mm @ $17,000.

I have 2 questions for my good folks here on NT:

1. Is the appearance drastic from 12mm to 14mm? Being $6,000 more is basically 55% more for 2mm

2. The more I look at bussdowns the better it looks to me. I know it depreciates the overall piece with loose diamonds literally being worth nothing but if this is the 1 piece i'm ever going to own, what do you guys think? If putting loose diamonds on a cuban, would it make more sense to drop it to 14k?

2A. Price of 14k @ 12MM - $8,500 and 14k @14mm is $11,875.

Every mm counts for chains. A 14mm cuban will also be thicker on the sides vs a 12mm. If you got the money go for the 18k with diamonds. You could also save that money and get a 14k bustdown and get a pendant too.

Is there a general rule of thumb to how much extra making it a "bustdown" should be?

he should've brought da snake cuban.

yes, speaking from experience. my current cuban is 14mm, my old was 12mm.
Right on for the advice. How do you feel about your current 14mm set up? I keep watching videos and I really can't tell if it's going to be too massive through pics/videos

Email CMG ask them what’s the best price online was 39 a gram and they quoted me 37.25 at the time for 18k.
Just did the math for the 14mm online it was a little over $36 a gram I’m sure they can cut down a great deal

Rey’s videos and pics don’t do their Cubans justice. If you look at pics on here you can see their quality. CMG are good too but more on the square sides rather round like Rey and Leon. Which is my preference

I think I might have to cop the cuban when I get promoted again...

20190325_191328.jpg

Thanks, the middle is a two tone anchor link. The bottom chain is the next one on my list, 24 inches, about 6-8mm. I think I would like to do a thick rope as a choker, like 18 inch, probably same thickness as the others... but I dunno, might be a bit much.

Back
Top Bottom