**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

1590344280454.png

20200524_225504.jpg

Not niketalks gold of choice since its 10k

But I have been happy with it since I got em last year.
6MM 24 inch at 81.6 grams Cuban chain and 8 or 9MM 8 inch at 55 grams Cuban Bracelet both solid and both at a price I could afford that didn't break the bank.
Paid $23.00 a gram for both after some haggling

Last edited:
My experience with Leon's

I will divide it into sub-headings for ease of reference. ( I have text messages to prove everything said below):

Price
I enquired about a 14k 5.8mm 24" 62.5gram Cuban - I told him it was between them and Rey's. From the onset he told me the price would be 36 per gram and we agreed. When he sent the invoice and the price went up to 38 per gram. I asked why the price changed that is not what we agreed to. He said that "well whatever we agreed to, I must have been mixed up I deal with a lot of chains per day - that's the price I'm giving you. I was annoyed but it was still a good price so I proceeded with the transaction.

Engraving

I requested that the box lock be engraved with an 'M'. He asked me to provide a drawing of the 'M' I want - I did and he said they can do that. When he got the chain engraved he sent me a picture and it was a COMPLETELY different style of font. I asked him 'why did you disregard my M?' and 'why would you not provide me with a reference beforehand before you proceeded with the engraving?" He replied, " Yeah I gave it to my engravers and they just did an 'M' - they didn't tell me what kind of 'M' they were going to do. Eventually, he re-engraved it to the type of 'M' I requested ( I lost some gold in the process of course because they had to remove the original engraving). At this point, I am still committed to the transaction.

Shipping

I do not reside in the USA - from the onset I asked if he could ship to my location via Fedex as USPS would not be a viable option to ship to my country because of Covid-19 measures. He agreed to this request. When it comes time to ship he texts me and says he has the chain packaged with USPS ready to go. I immediately call him and say we agreed to Fedex. He tells me USPS is easier for him and I'll get it. I remind him that it has to be Fedex ( or DHL). After going back and forth for a while he agrees. Two days passed and he tells me that he tried to ship it through Fedex but the customer representative at two (2) locations told him "my address is shady" and they won't ship and let's just use USPS.

I find this very odd and I look up a Fedex 12 minutes away from their store and they said they would have no problem shipping to my address. I relay this to him and he tells me "He doesn't want to go to that Fedex -he tried twice already - he's not doing it". I then suggest he ships it to my cousin in Coral Springs which is 40 minutes away from the store. He provides me with a new invoice and the shipping is high for that small distance and he says "because we've been having so much trouble I'm listing the shipping as this.'. Since when is shipping an arbitrary number based on the number of attempts? At this point I back out of the transaction and he says "OK. whatever, go let Rey's do it".

Communication

Communication throughout the entire transaction was horrible. It would take days for him to reply to one message and when he would his responses were very short and inadequate.

Conclusion

It was a terrible experience and I would not recommend them, especially to international clients.

I will divide it into sub-headings for ease of reference. ( I have text messages to prove everything said below):

Price
I enquired about a 14k 5.8mm 24" 62.5gram Cuban - I told him it was between them and Rey's. From the onset he told me the price would be 36 per gram and we agreed. When he sent the invoice and the price went up to 38 per gram. I asked why the price changed that is not what we agreed to. He said that "well whatever we agreed to, I must have been mixed up I deal with a lot of chains per day - that's the price I'm giving you. I was annoyed but it was still a good price so I proceeded with the transaction.

Engraving

I requested that the box lock be engraved with an 'M'. He asked me to provide a drawing of the 'M' I want - I did and he said they can do that. When he got the chain engraved he sent me a picture and it was a COMPLETELY different style of font. I asked him 'why did you disregard my M?' and 'why would you not provide me with a reference beforehand before you proceeded with the engraving?" He replied, " Yeah I gave it to my engravers and they just did an 'M' - they didn't tell me what kind of 'M' they were going to do. Eventually, he re-engraved it to the type of 'M' I requested ( I lost some gold in the process of course because they had to remove the original engraving). At this point, I am still committed to the transaction.

Shipping

I do not reside in the USA - from the onset I asked if he could ship to my location via Fedex as USPS would not be a viable option to ship to my country because of Covid-19 measures. He agreed to this request. When it comes time to ship he texts me and says he has the chain packaged with USPS ready to go. I immediately call him and say we agreed to Fedex. He tells me USPS is easier for him and I'll get it. I remind him that it has to be Fedex ( or DHL). After going back and forth for a while he agrees. Two days passed and he tells me that he tried to ship it through Fedex but the customer representative at two (2) locations told him "my address is shady" and they won't ship and let's just use USPS.

I find this very odd and I look up a Fedex 12 minutes away from their store and they said they would have no problem shipping to my address. I relay this to him and he tells me "He doesn't want to go to that Fedex -he tried twice already - he's not doing it". I then suggest he ships it to my cousin in Coral Springs which is 40 minutes away from the store. He provides me with a new invoice and the shipping is high for that small distance and he says "because we've been having so much trouble I'm listing the shipping as this.'. Since when is shipping an arbitrary number based on the number of attempts? At this point I back out of the transaction and he says "OK. whatever, go let Rey's do it".

Communication

Communication throughout the entire transaction was horrible. It would take days for him to reply to one message and when he would his responses were very short and inadequate.

Conclusion

It was a terrible experience and I would not recommend them, especially to international clients.

a lot of jewelers don’t have patience
its either their way or the highway

did you end up getting the chain ?

it seems to me the best jeweler to deal with by mail is reys

if your state side and Hesitant about buying jewelry by mail like I am deal with someone like reyes or just try and find it in your state

I called reys last year and they seemed easy to deal with but the price range For the weight and MM was out of my league

but for someone who’s out the country pay more for the peace of mind that what your getting is what you want

thats why I shopped around before I copped even then I made a mistake and got a chain from a well known store in nyc wasn’t happy with it didn’t it hang right it was loose and it didn’t have to box lock that I wanted
I pretty much gave the jeweler $200 just so he would take the chain back

if felt like I went to gamble Which I don’t do and I lost until I found what I wanted

Last edited:

Price

Engraving

Shipping

Communication

Conclusion

I've seen the texts, smh

Price

Engraving

Shipping

Communication

Conclusion

Communication when it came to me and leon was on point for the most part, everything was done via dm on ig, didn't even have to call them, but I did have a similar problem when it came to the engraving of the box lock, i sent them the image and they tried removing my initials from the picture, I was like "wtf are you doing?" I had to explain to them to use the picture exactly how it is. I also had a problem with them shipping, I asked them to send it overnight and I would cover the cost, they ended up shipping it registered mail which took over a week. 🤦🏿‍♂️

Price

Engraving

Shipping

Communication

Conclusion

Sucks to hear. I had a great experience with them and would still recommend them along with Reys.
but more importantly.... did you get the chain!????!!

Price

Engraving

Shipping

Communication

Conclusion

sorry to hear dude. I hit up Leons on IG for my first chain but they left me on read. I probably could’ve called for a quicker response but Norma was already texting me with quotes for various sizes.

Back
Top Bottom