The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

XXI are trash to me but might be better if the Jumpman was on the back instead of the side

i really liked the XXI.

especially the first color.

again.......no big branding on those....simple design....but it was just different at the time and it worked.. the red ones were fire too.

Last edited:
I think people say **** is wack just to say it. Lol. I wish the jumpman was smaller or on the back too but this is not a bad looking shoe.

Can someone enlighten me and tell me if Tinker designed these? If so there is a high level of hypocrisy at play...

I remember in a relatively recent interview he stated if he had the chance to design the Air Jordan 1 originally he would do it differently. Well congratulations you play d us and yourself because you basically designed the Air Jordan 1 with a weirdly placed Jumpman lol

Still holding out hope for official pics. Lol. Maybe they come out with a fade pattern that eliminates the swoosh or the Jumpan.

Or maybe they just scrap this joint after 6 months like they did the XXX. Wishful thinking either way.

They should just scrap this joint period. I know there have to be so many talented shoe designers who could do much better than this maybe even right here on NT. JB desperately needs fresh ideas.

I dont think its full zoom. Looks like a huge volume forefoot unit and a heel unit with a jumpan in the middle. Otherwise its skinny as **** in the middle. Also, they have a full length open midsole on these opposed to the plastic on the last 2

Cushioning does look good. But then again contradicts why no heel in the xx9 and xxx . Guess we all need heel again . Idiots

View media item 2104874
Definitely love the 'ol school' vibe...I can rock these. Don't know about yall but us 30's+ cats find ZERO appeal in rockin non-retro performance models casually. I still hoop, but not enough to worry about the XXXs or the Lebron 13s, for example. But now THESE, oh yeah, I can definitely rep.

Last edited:
These had potential, but they are just Meh.

That has been the case for the last 3 models

These are a step down from the 30s

Last edited:
Still holding out hope for official pics. Lol. Maybe they come out with a fade pattern that eliminates the swoosh or the Jumpan.

Or maybe they just scrap this joint after 6 months like they did the XXX. Wishful thinking either way.

XXXs were actually a good looking shoe.. Most, if not all, of the negative comments about them were about them using the same tooling from the XX9s, which wasn't an inherently bad thing.. These XXX1s on the other hand look like a mess, in terms of design.

see, right there in that picture with melo they look aite. but they dont look like a "JORDAN"...they look like a kobe sneaker or something.

and there IS a difference.

they look ok but that jump man ABSOLUTELY kills it.

30s are much better than these.

Can someone enlighten me and tell me if Tinker designed these? If so there is a high level of hypocrisy at play...

I remember in a relatively recent interview he stated if he had the chance to design the Air Jordan 1 originally he would do it differently. Well congratulations you play d us and yourself because you basically designed the Air Jordan 1 with a weirdly placed Jumpman lol

They should just scrap this joint period. I know there have to be so many talented shoe designers who could do much better than this maybe even right here on NT. JB desperately needs fresh ideas.

Yeah I totally agree with this. But in terms of design it's not really the designers at fault . It's all what marketing feels is best for the brand. I'm not sure what Tinkers involvement is on the marketing side but it seems that this dude has free reign to do whatever so I'm not really sure how JB works. I'm not even as disappointed as I was with 30 but it's sad to see the pinnacle of basketball performance footwear become something like this. I think it's solid for what it is.

I guess it's safe to say after all the heckling... Jordan Brand needs Gentry Humphry back. The positives out way the bad for sure.

that would be crazy!!

I'm thinking it has to be a material story to justify the simplicity of the upper. I think it's like bridging the gap from modern performance with knit and traditional materials like leather. I totally believe it's some kind of enginered knit/ leather upper. Bridges the gap from the Jordan 1 to now.

Definitely love the 'ol school' vibe...I can rock these. Don't know about yall but us 30's+ cats find ZERO appeal in rockin non-retro performance models casually. I still hoop, but not enough to worry about the XXXs or the Lebron 13s, for example. But now THESE, oh yeah, I can definitely rep.
It looks like it have a full zoom setup. 

What positives?

Bro Gentry is the reason for the retro line. He pushed to get the first batch of Retros in the early 90's. Not to mention being involved in all the performance models from the signature line to even team models from early 90's to mid 2000's. I think we really sleep on what Gentry did.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom