The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Nvm, I got the colors mixed up. My bad, you guys were right. The ones dropping 12/3 are a different color way.

Washed 
smokin.gif

I'll most likely be going with shorts and a t shirt, but they look decent right here with pants too IMO
get it

Still out.

But why can't it be both functionality and style?

This is how it was with the beloved retro models (3-14) some of us grew up wearing. They were cutting edge in tech (air, huarache, zoom air, etc) and style (elephant print, patent leather, rising sun, etc), while the newer models (except XX & XX3) are lacking in aesthetics.

The XXXI is no exception. Prolly will be killer on the court but thats it. IMO.

That's an individual opinion again whether you find air Jordans more or less asthetic.
Many claim air jordans being great only from 1 - 14 or 1 - 23.
Imo, it's clearly a barrier set by mind because :
1. Any air jordans after MJs retirement as a Chicago Bulls can't be as good as before
2. Any air jordan after the 23 are not worth because they should have stopped after JB decided to stop numbering them...

Sorry, but there have been enough models which are not much sought after by the masses like the 2, 8, 9, 14.
And before the 23, the 19, 22 were also not much sought after too.
Many complainers sound like those who said they only want to wear chucks or AF1s because all other modern sneakers would be too futuristic.

That's an individual opinion again whether you find air Jordans more or less asthetic.
Many claim air jordans being great only from 1 - 14 or 1 - 23.
Imo, it's clearly a barrier set by mind because :
1. Any air jordans after MJs retirement as a Chicago Bulls can't be as good as before
2. Any air jordan after the 23 are not worth because they should have stopped after JB decided to stop numbering them...

Sorry, but there have been enough models which are not much sought after by the masses like the 2, 8, 9, 14.
And before the 23, the 19, 22 were also not much sought after too.
Many complainers sound like those who said they only want to wear chucks or AF1s because all other modern sneakers would be too futuristic.

Lil bit true but, bruh I don't discriminate. I wear it all new, old, og colors, retro +, new huarache, etc... The right cw on an og model is highly sought after most of the time even if they put out large #'s people still want them. I just don't see it on this model it's garbo and there are a few dudes on here who could design a better looking shoe. Looks like a beast on the court and if I was dunking you would be in trouble!

I'm not so I will politely pass:

BJi5OLJCcAAnxaS.jpg

And add IMO cuz that's all it is.

Lil bit true but, bruh I don't discriminate. I wear it all new, old, og colors, retro +, new huarache, etc... The right cw on an og model is highly sought after most of the time even if they put out large #'s people still want them. I just don't see it on this model it's garbo and there are a few dudes on here who could design a better looking shoe. Looks like a beast on the court and if I was dunking you would be in trouble!

I'm not so I will politely pass:

BJi5OLJCcAAnxaS.jpg

And add IMO cuz that's all it is.

Yeah the colorway thing has and remains a very big factor whether a model sells well or not.
Imo, all colorways released during the og release of the 8, 11, 12 or 13 for instance made them all sell.
Then we have colorways like the maroons 6, olives 9, chutneys 13, ginger 16, most xx8 and xx9 colorways that didn't sell well during their initial releases.
For the xx8 and xx9 they released too many subpar colorways despite they actually had several PEs which looked really good.
Hope they don't mess it up with the xxx1. This shoe has potential despite of its rather conventional design (some call it generic).
I think most complaints over these come that some wanted a shoe with more details on the upper like maybe a leather toe cap, arch support or around the midfoot lacing part.
Maybe for the xxx2 or later they will go back to the direction to add more details.
When looking back the aj 7 and 8 were overloaded with colors while the 9 to 12 were more plain and simple.
Most plain air jordans might be still the 18 and xx8 though.

Back
Top Bottom