The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Actually the NT denim squad are the ones buying and wearing the newer models, everyone from all sorts of backgrounds wear retros. Personally I don't think the XXXI looks great casually, the logos clash too much for my tastes but it's certainly wearable in the right cw. I don't wear LeBrons or Hyperdunks casually, but for those that do these shouldn't be an issue.
These 31s work well with the NT Denim crew. A wide looking shoe with a big toebox, bootcut denim, here in the sfv, we see this look all the time. Usually the gardner types.... They rock that look with some team jordans and a Tommy Gear t shirt all day.

If you have to style the shoes with a matching jersey or team shirt, it isn't meant for off-court wear.
Wut 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and i have no idea what so ever why the same people that don't like the shoes keep letting us know over and over  

inb4 it's an open forum response 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Missed the function vs form discussion

Some of the "function" aspects are gimmicky, it's like when the car salesman is telling you the car has these small fins on the body of the car to "pull wind" closer into the car, "vortex" mumbo jumbo

But generally yes, the shoes are built first on function and then form...they're given features (lunar, flyknit, lockdown, etc) and draw around that

My favorite J that I feel balanced form and function was the 17's...it came with that dvd that broke down the construction of the shoe and the purpose of each piece and I believed it 100%...plus the shoe looked damn good IMO. JB isnt going to give us the ultimate performance beast/most stylish shoe in one cause they need us to buy the new model the following year.

Last edited by a moderator:
And lets not act like most people buying Jay's were doing it for performance. Can't speak for much after the 23s, but the Jordan sigs until then were primarily being bought because it was a Jordan, you were a fan, or you just wanted the latest hot shoe. I see plenty of kids now going for KDs and Lebrons just to sit in class all day. And those are some of Nike's flagships when it comes to performance

The XXXs are terrible for playing basketball in.  I just picked up the XXXI USAs, but haven't had a chance to hoop in them yet.  The guy at the Jordan Store on 32 S State said that they are a far superior basketball shoe.  Apparently, there were a lot of messed up ankles from the XXXs due to that little bridge/concave cavity connecting the front and back sole.  I'll give an update one I have a chance to try them out.  Best looking Jordan in LONG time in my opinion.

So very disappointing... Where is the innovation? I'm only impressed by the swoosh. Held these in my hand and smh....

Why not talk about the Nike trolls who keep calling out the ones who are really out by saying heads are turning. Like there really is a XXXI bandwagon!

But no no no. Let's not make this an open forum discussion. If you bend over and take it Nike will keep giving it to you.

Savages.

These shoes suck. Go tell everyone in every thread to not post negative comments about the shoe and see how that goes for you.

Don't act brand new.

Why not talk about the Nike trolls who keep calling out the ones who are really out by saying heads are turning. Like there really is a XXXI bandwagon!

But no no no. Let's not make this an open forum discussion. If you bend over and take it Nike will keep giving it to you.

Savages.
Yup, because everyone who likes the shoe is a Nike troll.  Just because they have an unfortunately place jumpman doesn't mean they wont be great for what they were intended for.  The 28, 29, and 30 were amazing on the basketball court.  If that continues, im still going to buy them regardless of what they look like.

And obviously people still don't read on here because I said it will probably end up being a great ballin shoe. Most Melo's are great for ballin but most would not wear off the court.

This is not the only forum this shoe is getting bashed on tho. There are a few that like it but majority of people do not. Please do some research outside of the walls of NT folks.

I like the shoe, just going back and forth on if I should cop the Banned's or not. In for the Olympic.

Not crazy with the big Jumpman, but that is a small detail. :lol:

Last edited:
And obviously people still don't read on here because I said it will probably end up being a great ballin shoe. Most Melo's are great for ballin but most would not wear off the court.

This is not the only forum this shoe is getting bashed on tho. There are a few that like it but majority of people do not. Please do some research outside of the walls of NT folks.

Just because you dislike it doesn't necessarily equate to the majority of people disliking it as noted by the poll. There is a very loud minority in here screaming over and over again about a brand advertising their product on their shoe. We get it, some people don't like the placement of the jumpman, but that doesn't mean everyone dislikes it.

Go to every other blog, sneakersite, Twitter feed, IG post on the XXXI not named NT and you will see for yourself. Your basing your whole premise on a NT poll? NT is the small minority, we all know that.

The 13 and 20, 28 were my most hated air jordans when i saw the first leaked pictures before they released.
I was like : what the xxx? These are supposed to be air jordans?
But when i saw more detailed pictures i started to change my mind.
Now the 13 and 28 are among my favorite air jordans because they have such radical design.
The 31 are indeed inspired by the 1 as they have rather a conventional look. When you look back in 1985, you already had nike airships and nike air force ones which shared much similarities with the AJ 1.

Imo, the 31 look like a love child from the 1, 2011 and 29.

Yup, because everyone who likes the shoe is a Nike troll.  Just because they have an unfortunately place jumpman doesn't mean they wont be great for what they were intended for.  The 28, 29, and 30 were amazing on the basketball court.  If that continues, im still going to buy them regardless of what they look like.

People said the same thing about the Air Jordan 2010s and those look laughable. I think a lot of the hate for these also stems from how much they were hyped up. I mean their release literally cut the life of the XXX short (which people seemed to like more than this).

Go to every other blog, sneakersite, Twitter feed, IG post on the XXXI not named NT and you will see for yourself. Your basing your whole premise on a NT poll? NT is the small minority, we all know that.

Most people are digging this design?

Last edited:
i know 2 people that won't let me forget that they aren't :lol:     

No kidding, it's ridiculous. I come in here to see pictures of new shoes/test reviews/tech specs and it's the same 5-10 people *****ing over and over again. We get it. You don't like the design. Don't buy the damn shoe then. Leave it to people who actually buy the shoes to wear casually or God forbid for their given purpose, performance basketball.

I still cannot fathom how there are people out there surprised therr is a jumpman on a jordan shoe

Last edited:
Okay, I get it,people have their certain tastes in sneakers that may differ from one person to the next. But I just can't see the XXX1's being that all- around lifestyle shoe the J's have become known for...now don't get me wrong, it is a decent looking shoe but it just seems to have design that is specifically for the court which, to me, is kind of a setback certainly because it is a Jordan shoe and JB has such a rich history of combining both. And another reason I am at odds with the majority regarding this shoe is because I feel the design is too safe and not as daring as some previous models...hell, you can say what you want about the AJ 2010s(I think they are hideous) but that took some risk

I know this might get me into some trouble saying this but I think 31s resembles an Under Amour shoe with a Nike touch ...I know it's probably just me...but that is how I feel about it

Anyways, these are my reasons for why I don't think Nike delivered on these...we are not all just about the jumpman being too damn big [emoji]128522[/emoji]... but I don't hate the it cool...but as a Signature Jordan [emoji]128556[/emoji] IDK

Back
Top Bottom