The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

No kidding, it's ridiculous. I come in here to see pictures of new shoes/test reviews/tech specs and it's the same 5-10 people *****ing over and over again. We get it. You don't like the design. Don't buy the damn shoe then. Leave it to people who actually buy the shoes to wear casually or God forbid for their given purpose, performance basketball.

I still cannot fathom how there are people out there surprised therr is a jumpman on a jordan shoe

People are nit-pickers, and to your point, I think it's absurdly stupid to come in and ***** about the same things they dislike over and over and over again, as if that is going to stop the shoes from releasing and people to not discuss it. :lol:

I'm tempted to continue to post daily since its such a big deal that some of us don't like this shoe. I have many different ways of saying the same thing. I'm literally laughing as I read this stuff. :rofl:

I'm most likely in on these. I haven't bought a non retro Jordan since I bought 2011s on clearance back in the day.

LOL

This website is responsible for a lot of changes they've made. Bet on that.

Agreed. The XX9'S are perfect proof of that. They got rid of the giant jumpman because people complained about it and did that damn weave design that hit clearance racks real fast.

You just wonder what kind of test groups they are doing. I wish they would leak a design way early, take all of the people's complaints and just fix it and move on.

It's not like releasing the pics a week before they drop is really helping them hypewise.

Last edited:
Theres no way they don't remove the Jumpman on the next iteration of the 31. Then they'll probably add something like that wave pattern to ensure theres something still off about them.

If it took longer than 5 minutes to come up with this then that person needs to get back onto the short bus and head home. 

Actually, head home anyway, brah. This is atrocious.

Last edited:
Part of me is just glad they got rid of those damn stability clips on the side. Those always irritate the side of my feet when I'm pkaying. I also hope the insole in these is better than those cheap pieces of **** they put in the XX9s and 30s. It would be nice if the hollowed out the bottom to the unlocked zoom and put one of the big *** Kobe insoles in there.

Ok gotchu. :wink:. You need a variety of complaints and we now have your permission. Is there ever a time when that dude is not smoking.

Whew. So thankful I can see straight tho. Lol.

PianFh.gif

Go to every other blog, sneakersite, Twitter feed, IG post on the XXXI not named NT and you will see for yourself. Your basing your whole premise on a NT poll? NT is the small minority, we all know that.

Most of the people on the average sneakerblog or social media weren't going to buy/like the new Air Jordan anyway. The next AJ that catches on mainstream will be because of who in pop culture make it hot, not really because of the shoe itself. I'm not impressed by the XXX1 but I don't think it sucks completely, the Olympic color way is dope.

Last edited:
I'm most likely in on these. I haven't bought a non retro Jordan since I bought 2011s on clearance back in the day.

Curiously, what drew you to these over the XX9s and XXXs? I'm legitimately curious since those two models don't seem as polarizing aesthetically as the XXX1s.

Curiously, what drew you to these over the XX9s and XXXs? I'm legitimately curious since those two models don't seem as polarizing aesthetically as the XXX1s.

Yes and no.
Xx9 and xxx1 are more decent imo.
The giant jumpman placement on the toe cap of the xxx as well the giant xxx at the heel and the reusing of the xx9 sole made me passing on them.
The most polarizing AJs in the recent years are the xx8.
You either totally love or hate them.

Imo, since the AJ9 original release quite all air jordans are much polarizing though.
Even the AJ11 were either much wanted or labelled as girly dancing shoes trying to be a male sneaker back then.
Concerning the AJ13 my parents refused to buy them first because they looked like monster feet.
They changed their mind when i had them on my feet.

Back
Top Bottom