The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Low key one of my favorite threads.
No drama ever, and it doesn't have nonstop complaints of quality.
Oh and the leather experts haven't found it yet.
Yeah, AJ31 is the good life.

Totally agree, one of my favorite threads too. I think most of us in here are grown up. It is very nice to read threads that don't constantly complain about build quality or leather imperfections, keep it rolling fellas

My boy @nyrican23 ooped me these for the low from the Woodbury Common Premium Outlets 67 out the door not bad, and they are flawless!

View media item 2461286
Not trying to create a debate, but per Nike the XXXI is said to have a premium leather heel.
Leather/pleather/whatever, I was simply stating that no one is complaining and comparing every single model and how well made or smooth or grainy or what have you regarding that on this model and it has been refreshing. I myself assumed majority of the XXXI's had good quality leather from the pairs I personally own.

Yea I was curious because the "leather" used on the black cats was something I commented on when talking to my sister the other day.
I feel as though it is really nice and is much better than what I've gotten on retros.

Yea I was curious because the "leather" used on the black cats was something I commented on when talking to my sister the other day.
I feel as though it is really nice and is much better than what I've gotten on retros.

Interestingly reviews I saw of the early 31s specifically said synthetic leather, but Nike site says premium leather.
The JBCs I've got are actually patent but it also seems better quality or finìsh than you tend to get on J11s for example.
I presume maybe the idea is that the quality improves each year? That it weaves into the flyknit does mean there's no straight line of stitching for people to criticize too.

God I hope I don't like the XXXIIs as much as the XXXIs so I don't have to obsess over those and I can just focus on trying to track down NBA PEs for XXXIs and building my collection of those as big as I can.

God I hope I don't like the XXXIIs as much as the XXXIs so I don't have to obsess over those and I can just focus on trying to track down NBA PEs for XXXIs and building my collection of those as big as I can.

Fam. Let me know if you hate the 32. Seems to me that you have connections. Would love to be the guy that has the greatest 32 collection like your 31 collection.

Interestingly reviews I saw of the early 31s specifically said synthetic leather, but Nike site says premium leather.
The JBCs I've got are actually patent but it also seems better quality or finìsh than you tend to get on J11s for example.
I presume maybe the idea is that the quality improves each year? That it weaves into the flyknit does mean there's no straight line of stitching for people to criticize too.

I doubt quality improves each year. I think they have to provide quality product for non retro product because it's not yet proven and isn't guaranteed to sell.

I think most of the retros people complain about are also a form of synthetic leather.

Makes comment that the leather experts haven't found the thread yet, ironically starts the leather debate. Whoops.

Makes comment that the leather experts haven't found the thread yet, ironically starts the leather debate. Whoops.

I'm not sure it's a debate. Just trying to get clarity cause dude said the 31s have no leather.

View media item 2461497Missing my black/reds, royals and usa (still in transit from stockx).
I also doubled on black cats and why nots.
Black cats are my favorite and fine prints come in second.
I need to get the black toes back and the jams and I think I'm set.
I haven't seen the battle greys in person though. And I'd take those JBCs at a decent price.
God I'm weak when it comes to shoes once I like a model.

View media item 2461497Missing my black/reds, royals and usa (still in transit from stockx).
I also doubled on black cats and why nots.
Black cats are my favorite and fine prints come in second.
I need to get the black toes back and the jams and I think I'm set.
I haven't seen the battle greys in person though. And I'd take those JBCs at a decent price.
God I'm weak when it comes to shoes once I like a model.
I feel the same. Hopefully I can get a few more colors of these for the low. Model has been solid for me.

I'm not sure it's a debate. Just trying to get clarity cause dude said the 31s have no leather.

I know, I was lamely joking around. I think we can agree that there is some form of leather present at least.

:lol:

I doubt quality improves each year. I think they have to provide quality product for non retro product because it's not yet proven and isn't guaranteed to sell.

I think most of the retros people complain about a form of synthetic leather.

I agree with this statement and believe Nike really does have different quality levels of this synthetic material (whatever you want to call it) with the 31's having better quality than other models.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom