[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

I need to reemphasize how DOPE of a track "POWER" is.  It's been out for so long, I haven't see someone comment on it in here for months. 
laugh.gif

This track is %$+%*+% AMAZING.  The breakdown is CRAZY.
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

And the end of the day, God damnit I'm killin' this @*$%!
I know damn well y'all feelin this @*$%!

Originally Posted by The Swoosh

I need to reemphasize how DOPE of a track "POWER" is.  It's been out for so long, I haven't see someone comment on it in here for months. 
laugh.gif

This track is %$+%*+% AMAZING.  The breakdown is CRAZY.
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

And the end of the day, God damnit I'm killin' this @*$%!
I know damn well y'all feelin this @*$%!
I've been telling all my boys...when 2010 is over with....'Power' will probably be my favorite track of the year. Song is TOUGH.

the thing with power and runaway is although I've heard them so many times, when I listened to the album version, it was like hearing it for the first time again (kinda).

I usually don't catch when small changes have been made in songs, but these I did. Power just sounds much much... fuller? I even noticed when Ross starts his part on Monster, he made the drums/808? more noticeable. I was like
sick.gif

Surprise! Def Jam sent us this photo on Friday, telling us to use it to replace the painting of the headless crown. Explains Condo:
"[Kanye and I] talked about paintings in the early baroque era depicting religious figures, and wanted to push that out into
the open in today's world. It mirrors the 'paranoid' riff on one of the tracks."

priestgeorgecondo.jpg

http://nymag.com/daily/en.../kanye_george_condo.html

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

the thing with power and runaway is although I've heard them so many times, when I listened to the album version, it was like hearing it for the first time again (kinda).

I usually don't catch when small changes have been made in songs, but these I did. Power just sounds much much... fuller? I even noticed when Ross starts his part on Monster, he made the drums/808? more noticeable. I was like
sick.gif

That kick drum that  starts off on Monster does hit a lot harder on the album version
pimp.gif
thats the difference between a track thats kinda mixed to a track thats been mixed properly

That dark fantasy beat is so raw mane. i love old wu-tang stuff and just sounds like gza, rebel ins and tical is bout to come destroy the track at any moment...im sure thats just me though lol. its just got a hip hop feel, can ya dig that.

This album is close to flawless.

The reason why this album will be remembered as great is because of the insane replay value. Each song has breakdowns, switchups, and tons of different elements to them. There isn't one that fits a classic verse-hook-verse-hook radio format; Monster comes the closest.

The only downsides are the context of some of the songs (Monster and So Appalled) since they were released for free a while ago. But if you disregard that, they are great songs that fit the flow of the album.

And Dark Fantasy might not be my favorite (I haven't decided yet) but it damn sure is the one that's stuck in my head.

Originally Posted by Bozo7000

sick.gif
Power has a lot more bass I think, so it sounds more epic - at least in the car.
Runaway has added background vocals (I think the booklet says by The Dream and some other girl) and they really add another dimension to the track, coming from someone that was getting tired from the song.

I have a feeling this album will be even more remembered a year from now. People will stop listening then play it again and not have the stigma of getting the GOOD Friday tracks early because all the tracks will be old.

Still amazed at the Pitchfork rating.

First 10.0 in over 8 years.

This will definitely get the online community + the casual music listener's attention/buzzing.

'got the innanet goin' nutz' (c) Paul Wall

It's gonna be crazy to see people's reaction. Kanye is already the most polarizing artist in music. This will only make it worse
laugh.gif

Just to give you an idea this is the category Pitchfork is putting Ye in.

*some albums are missing

...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead - Source Tags and Codes

Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique

The Beatles - Abbey Road

The Beatles - The Beatles

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour

The Beatles - Revolver

The Beatles - Rubber Soul

The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children

Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run: 30th Anniversary Edition

The Clash - The Essential Clash

The Clash - London Calling: 25th Anniversary Legacy Edition

The Cure - Disintegration

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing... (Deluxe Edition)

Elvis Costello - This Year's Model

Galaxie 500 - On Fire

Glenn Branca - The Ascension

James Brown - Live at the Apollo (Expanded Edition)

John Coltrane: The Olatunji Concert: The Last Live Recording

Joy Division - Closer

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures

Neil Young - After the Gold Rush

Neil Young - Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

Otis Redding - Otis Blue: Otis Redding Sings Soul (Collector's Edition)

Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain: LA's Desert Origins

Pavement - Quarantine the Past

Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted: Luxe & Reduxe

Pink Floyd - Animals

Radiohead - The Bends: Collector's Edition

Radiohead - Kid A

Radiohead - OK Computer: Collector's Edition

R.E.M. - Murmur (Deluxe Edition)

R.E.M. - Reckoning (Deluxe Edition)

The Replacements - Let It Be

Robert Pollard - Relaxation of the !$%*+$*

The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main St.

Serge Gainsbourg - Histoire de Melody Nelson

Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation (Deluxe Edition)

Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentleman We Are Floating in Space (Collector's Edition)

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

Television - Marquee Moon

Various Artists - No Thanks!: The 70s Punk Rebellion

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Wire - Chairs Missing

Wire - Pink Flag

XTC - English Settlement

Weezer - Pinkerton

Word, Tre.

That's quite the company for Ye's album to be associated with.

Is the 10.0 justified? Are they ever? How does one even constitute the grounds for a PERFECT album rating? LOL

What I do know is....the production on the album is incredible. and it's really well put together. you're just not hearing this type of music sonically anywhere else in the genre. all that 'classic' 'perfect' talk can be saved for a later time. (perhaps a year from now like Tre said)

At this point, it's a shame these other artists are releasing the same week as 'Ye. this is clearly HIS week.

I don't hold too much weight. If a magazine is a credible all a 10 means is a whole lot of people feel this way. Nothing is universal. If a magazine isn't credible (The Source 2005 *cough*Lil' Kim *cough*) then a perfect score means nothing. I haven't wrote my review but it's a 10/10 A+ 5/5 5 stars XXL 5 Mics. Whatever you want to call it.

And on the cover of XXL with Dre it says Kanye receives 3rd XXL. What other 2 did they give it to?

I hear you.

I just wasn't sure if you had written a review yet since I know you can be pretty meticulous at times. (especially with your music)
pimp.gif

As for the XXL's, College Dropout and Late Registration received them.

10/10?
eek.gif
Damn Ye won with this album; probably picked up a whole grip of new buyers tomorrow with that hype-machine Pitchfork giving this album that score, too
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom