[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

Definitely think he should have took "So Appalled" off and put "Christian Dior Denim flow" on there

Other than that Id have to say All of the Lights and Hell of a Life are my fav tracks so far

both of them should be on the album imo, especially Christian Dior

I took Monster off( even though I still like it ) and put The Joy on.
pimp.gif

"Monster" really fits though. "Power" touches on the metaphor of Kanye's child being his music and creativity, "All of the Lights" talks about fame turning him into a monster and abusing his girl (his child - i.e. music), and "Monster" talks about him being a monster.

Originally Posted by AirWing03

Definitely think he should have took "So Appalled" off and put "Christian Dior Denim flow" on there

Other than that Id have to say All of the Lights and Hell of a Life are my fav tracks so far

Word

The album was SPECTACULAR!!

I was mad that he put Rick Ross on Devil In A New Dress, but that whole extra part has turned into my favorite
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And what the hell happened to Good Fridays?

I would consider myself a huge Kanye fan, but all in all, this album is pretty awful. NOT nearly the best Kanye can do. I think his music has grown to a place that really gets away from his core competencies. Wish he would go back to CD - Graduation days.

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

I would consider myself a huge Kanye fan, but all in all, this album is pretty awful. NOT nearly the best Kanye can do. I think his music has grown to a place that really gets away from his core competencies. Wish he would go back to CD - Graduation days.

But....there are clear sonic differences between each one of his albums, though.
So which days are you referring to? 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

I wouldn't call it awful, but everything else you said I agree with. The album just seems weird to me, but this is the recent Kanye. He put in work with CD through Graduation. This recent one just doesn't sound like the Kanye I enjoy. And I know, he's grown musically/as a person/etc, but he really doesn't say anything new or spectacular in these songs. He goes in with a verse or two and he is done. What kind of album is that. 
All in all, there are some songs you can just bump to because of the beat. 

This is damn near 2011, just make a playlist on iTunes and insert whatever track you want in....

Originally Posted by curlyone12

This is damn near 2011, just make a playlist on iTunes and insert whatever track you want in....

yea. I didn't replace any of the songs from the album cuz I don't think its right to just change an artist's album to make it the way u want it to be. but I made a playlist and added "Don't Look Down" "The Joy" "Chain Heavy" and "That's My B*****" as bonus tracks.

plus, if you wanted Good A** Job so bad, you can just go to the very first post in this thread and see the original tracklist for this album. the only songs in that tracklist that we don't have are "Holding Me Back" and "Sweat On My Face". you can just make a Good A** Job playlist and replace those two songs with a couple of your favorite GOOD Friday tracks and there you have it!
laugh.gif

During VH1 Storytellers he said it himself that as an artist he wants to grow, and doesn't want his latest album to sound like the 1st album, so why wish he goes back to CD, Graduation days?

Rozay's "Devil In A New Dress"' verse is one of his top verses he has ever spit in his rap career.

I think ya'll should listen to his verse again n' again.... Listen to what he is sayin'....

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Rozay's "Devil In A New Dress"' verse is one of his top verses he has ever spit in his rap career.

I think ya'll should listen to his verse again n' again.... Listen to what he is sayin'....

Stop...

for some reason my favorite part of the album is the end of "Dark Fantasy" because he is describing his actual dark fantasy and I can see it.

At the mall there was a seance
Just kids, no parents
Then the sky filled with heron
(I saw the devil) In a Chrysler LeBaron
And the hell, it wouldn't spare us
(And the fires did declare us)
(But after that, took pills, kissed an heiress)
(And moved her back in Paris)

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by illfrozn

1. First of all, that's not true. Secondly, what genre is just as lyric oriented as hip-hop??? There is no other genre as focused on that, so that's a silly point to make.
2. Hip-hop's best albums include many different individuals and voices??? Uh.....what?! Since when is that something to reach towards??? These days, it's not.
3. Really, dude? Really? To each his own, but that's what "So Appalled" gave you?
4. Did an NTer write this??
laugh.gif

"Why do we need to be able to deconstruct each song and give you the intellectual reasons why we love it? At the end of the day, it worked for me like few other hip-hop albums ever have. Your mileage may vary on all these points of course."

In case you missed it

I didn't miss it smart @+#, I was just making a statement. This is a FORUM, where DISCUSSION is held regardless of the subject ...

Back
Top Bottom