The Official Kobe XI NikeID Thread - Elite & EM available now

I love it. I don't notice too much of a difference in terms of flexibility. The sole is already thin so the court feel is there but it's extra springy. I wanna say I feel less fatigue but there are too many factors for that for me to be certain.

If I order anymore IDs, full zoom is a must personally.
Thanks man -- appreciate the feedback

what option is that for the heel? i cant seem to get that yellow?
and how do so many ppl keep getting discount codes lol am i missing something

I got a bunch of codes for the *******t they pulled on my grinch X. And yeah, it's the day shift option

I love it. I don't notice too much of a difference in terms of flexibility. The sole is already thin so the court feel is there but it's extra springy. I wanna say I feel less fatigue but there are too many factors for that for me to be certain.

If I order anymore IDs, full zoom is a must personally.
Thanks man -- appreciate the feedback

Also, I usually don't like putting other insoles into other shoes (instability issues usually), but I put these into the Kobe 8 and 9 and they feel great. So now I'm able to wear these again for ball because most of my lunar insoles have bottom'd out.

That's why I hope to collect as many full length insoles as possible so I can use them with my 8's, 9's and 11's.

Also, I usually don't like putting other insoles into other shoes (instability issues usually), but I put these into the Kobe 8 and 9 and they feel great. So now I'm able to wear these again for ball because most of my lunar insoles have bottom'd out.

That's why I hope to collect as many full length insoles as possible so I can use them with my 8's, 9's and 11's.
This is great to hear.

Truthfully, there is a lot that I like about the XI overall (materials/fit/lockdown), but the traction has been significantly better for me with the 8s and 9s, so the major reason why I want an iD or two is for the full-length zoom insert...  Again, not that I think the XI is bad, I think they did a lot right with them, but the gyms I play in just aren't pristine and I don't feel as confident in the XI as I do in the 8/9

Really wish they would either drop some GRs with full zoom or give the option of purchasing the inserts -- only dreams though

This is great to hear.

Truthfully, there is a lot that I like about the XI overall (materials/fit/lockdown), but the traction has been significantly better for me with the 8s and 9s, so the major reason why I want an iD or two is for the full-length zoom insert...  Again, not that I think the XI is bad, I think they did a lot right with them, but the gyms I play in just aren't pristine and I don't feel as confident in the XI as I do in the 8/9

Really wish they would either drop some GRs with full zoom or give the option of purchasing the inserts -- only dreams though

Which 11 did you play with? I think clear sole is worse because solid sole is almost on par with the 9, which was my favourite traction.

Which 11 did you play with? I think clear sole is worse because solid sole is almost on par with the 9, which was my favourite traction.
I have the BHM pair with solid outsole.  It isn't the worst -- if I stay on top of wiping they do the job, but I just don't feel like I get even close to the same 'bite' as I do w/ the 9 or even 8.  I probably need to give them some more time.

Latest pair started 2/2, finished yesterday.

First pair started Jan 10 and completed Jan 22... They sat until Feb 6 in build complete status. Then shipped on the 7th

Finally got in a hoop session in my Full Length Zoom XI and can compare to the regular zoom/lunar insert. My initial impressions (although I still haven't thoroughly broken them in yet):

I much prefer the full zoom set up. Very springy and responsive from heel to forefoot. Also made the shoe feel more stable than with the stock retail setup of heel zoom and forefoot free lunar.

My gripe with the XI was that the shoe was too minimal with the stock setup. Although I loved the Kobe X cushioning setup and thought the forefoot lunar/free was very well cushioned and responsive while also being flexible in the X, I feel that the XI was too flexible. The full length zoom fixed that, it gave the shoe more structure and made it just firm enough in the forefoot.

Looks like I will try to get a couple more ID's so I have enough Full length zoom inserts to last me. Although it pisses me off to pay 265 for a damn ID, I may do it one more time. I do want the purple pair coming later this month, but the stock insert will be for casual use only. From now on, the full length zoom goes in for basketball purposes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom