The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

What's the best case or protective cover for a 13" MB?

I want to put maybe adhesive or stickers on it, but I don't want it on the actual hardware.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

What's the best case or protective cover for a 13" MBP?

I want to put maybe adhesive or stickers on it, but I don't want it on the actual hardware.

For skinz, Bodygaurdz or Zagg InvisibleShield. Bodygaudz will will run you a little bit less.

For a hard case, Speck Satin Hardshell or Incase Hardshell.

For an inexpensive case, Incase Neoprene Sleeve Plus. They last forever.

For best compound protection, get a hard shell outer casing AND a thin film cover. It will block dirt, lint and dust from compiling along the edges and under the casing and scratching the aluminum surfaces.

My Ipod touchs volume bar doenst show up.. what can I do to fix this?

And my Macbook won't turn on. What do I do?

FML.

Anyone here use OpenOffice? How is it compared to ms word? I need ms word, but that thing is too expensive

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

FML.

Does your macbook battery have any power in it?   When you put your charger in no lights show up then your dc in board has probably gone bad.  Did you spill liquid on it?  Are you still under warranty?

FML.

restore your iPod touch to factory settings and see if the problem is still there

Check to make sure that there's power running from the outlet to your charger to your computer. take out the abttery and then reinsert it. Does the battery still hold a charge?
Originally Posted by Baller23217

When you guys get firefox do you uninstall safari?

never uninstall first party software. You run into way too many errors. if you ever don't want anything from the iLife suite, just do a custom OS install from your OSX discs. Safari takes up a negligible amount of disk space though so you might as well leave it.
Originally Posted by davizzy

Anyone here use OpenOffice? How is it compared to ms word? I need ms word, but that thing is too expensive

PM'd

Can I get a new mac book if I am under warranty? Ntn is wrong with it but I think my warranty is almost up and I want a newer one. If I say its something wrong will they replace it?? lol

Originally Posted by Th3Ownly

FML.

Does your macbook battery have any power in it?   When you put your charger in no lights show up then your dc in board has probably gone bad.  Did you spill liquid on it?  Are you still under warranty?

My macbook charger light is still working, indicating a full charge. Still won't turn on. I'm not under warranty, and no i didn't spill anything on it.

Originally Posted by dbbabd

Can I get a new mac book if I am under warranty? Ntn is wrong with it but I think my warranty is almost up and I want a newer one. If I say its something wrong will they replace it?? lol

It doesn't work that way. If they do find something wrong, they fix that component. If they can't fix it, or you get the same major problem 3 times, they replace your computer with a refurbished comparable.

My macbook charger light is still working, indicating a full charge. Still won't turn on. I'm not under warranty, and no i didn't spill anything on it.

unplug the battery and see if you can still turn it on. Do you hear the fan spinning or does the screen flicker at all? You might wanna get a diagnosis from a Genius Bar appointment since it can be so many different things. Not to scare you, but the last time i couldn't turn on my MacBook, it turned out to be logic board failure.

Originally Posted by davizzy

If you are in college, check your local college electronics store as they might have discounted software for students.

I got Office 08 for a mere 15 bucks at my place.

I bought a broken macbook the late 2008 aluminum model off craigslist for 40 bucks. It did not work and i thought from what he was telling me it could be the dc in board. So i thought i could replace it then sell the computer and make some money. Turns out it is the logic board.

My question is i have a black macbook from mid 2007 so can i just swap out hard drives without causing my macbook any damage?

I bought a broken macbook the late 2008 aluminum model off craigslist for 40 bucks. It did not work and i thought from what he was telling me it could be the dc in board. So i thought i could replace it then sell the computer and make some money. Turns out it is the logic board.

My question is i have a black macbook from mid 2007 so can i just swap out hard drives without causing my macbook any damage?

idk if those are two related questions, but you can swap drives out of macbooks easily. You just need a #0 Phillips screwdriver for the screws, and a Torx #8 scredriver for the the EMI shield (you may or may not have to even remove this). The process takes like 5-10 minutes.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

idk if those are two related questions, but you can swap drives out of macbooks easily. You just need a #0 Phillips screwdriver for the screws, and a Torx #8 scredriver for the the EMI shield (you may or may not have to even remove this). The process takes like 5-10 minutes.
Yeah i swapped them out thanks.  I ended up selling that macbook late 2008 for 160 on craigslist.  The buyer right in front of me reset the PMU and it worked.  I was so pissed.  Just sold a 700 dollar computer for 160.  I even took the computer to the genius bar and they didnt even think of doing that.  I feel so stupid.

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

just copped a macbook pro and time capsule this weekend... loving it so far.. i need just need ps and illustrator now...

nerd.gif

What's a music player I can download for my macbook that's like CD Art Display for Windows?

Also how come I can't change the icon of certain applications like the Finder and HD but I can for Mozilla?

safari or chrome. just got a mac and safari is running really fast. but when on my windows laptop ive been using chrome which was
pimp.gif

so i ask: for mac, which is the best chrome or safari?

Just copped...need some dope stuff.
i'm about to buy my first Mac, a MacBook Pro. i wanna get my Mac to look dope like they do in most of the pics in here but i'm completely unfamiliar with all Apple products besides iPods so i have no clue where to start. i'm also not trying to shuffle through 250 pages so if somebody could even direct me to a link that would help get me started, i'd appreciate it.

macbook pro 13' just bought.

I wanted to know what you guys thought was the best case/sleeve for it?

I'd rather go with a case then a sleeve but I dont wont any scratches or anything. Also where to purchase from, cheaper the better lol.

Just copped a 27 inch iMac yesterday. This thing is ridiculous and I could not be any happier......I have officially crossed over to the darkside.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom