The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

111724-back_to_the_mac_invite.jpg

Engadget reports that Apple has issued invitations for a special media event to be held next Wednesday, October 20th at 10:00 AM Pacific Time. The invitation for the event, which is to be held at the company's campus in Cupertino, California, carries the tagline "Back to the Mac".

The invitation also contains an image of what appears to be a lion peeking out from behind the Apple logo, hinting at discussion of Mac OS X 10.7. "Lion" has been one of the most commonly-suggested "big cat" names for the next-generation operating system.

As shown in our Buyer's Guide, much of Apple's notebook line with the exception of the entry-level MacBook is due for a refresh, and Apple has refreshed at least a portion of its notebook line each October or November for the last several years. Apple's desktop offerings have all been updated relatively recently, suggesting that the company's media event may focus on notebooks if new hardware is included on the agenda.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it in this uber long thread.
I'm trying to convert get a Powerpoint presentation up on Youtube without losing the sound, animations, etc.  Is there a free software that anyone recommends for this?

Thanks in advance.

I got a problem with my Unibody Macbook that i copped in summer of '09

After waking up my comp from sleep mode i noticed an annoying humming/buzzing sound, it sounds like the disc drive but im pretty sure
theres no disc in there. Can anybody help or have any idea whats goin on??

Originally Posted by DatRealBalla12

I got a problem with my Unibody Macbook that i copped in summer of '09

After waking up my comp from sleep mode i noticed an annoying humming/buzzing sound, it sounds like the disc drive but im pretty sure
theres no disc in there. Can anybody help or have any idea whats goin on??

bring it to the an apple store and let them check it out

I can't get growl to work with itunes anymore. Ever since growl promted me to update, it's never worked anymore. I got growltunes but nothing. Any suggestions?

final beta for office 2011 runs great for me...looks nice. i find it as intuitive so far as windows 2007 (or 2010 i guess)

Damn my laptop just broke..And i dont feel like going through the hassle on fixing it.

Now im just looking to get a macbook 13in

Is this a good deal for 500? or Do you guys think i can get a better one somewhere else?
I think its the early 2009 model
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/ 120g HD/ 2g DDR2

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Damn my laptop just broke..And i dont feel like going through the hassle on fixing it.

Now im just looking to get a macbook 13in

Is this a good deal for 500? or Do you guys think i can get a better one somewhere else?
I think its the early 2009 model
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/ 120g HD/ 2g DDR2
that's a 2007 model

Alright macheads quick question....

how do I hide any pics or videos on my photo booth that i dont want anyone to see? is there an easy way? thanks in advance..

Has anyone recently purchased CandyBar3 lately? I want to change my icons, but am not sure it's worth the $30 pricetag.

Can someone school me on how to change the toolbar at the top?  
nerd.gif

I'm looking to make it all black. Good lookin out...

Originally Posted by iloveapple

is there a way to turn my ichat skins, theme into a silent night like they have for itunes?

i don't believe the dude who made silent night has an iChat skin (i've only seen iTunes skins from him). Peep deviantArt or macthemes.net for possible iChat ones

Debating: my comapny is giving me 2 years worth of back pay and the money I I am allowing myself to spend will go on a new Mac mini, 28in monitor, and ??? I am trying to figure out if I should wait to see if the mbp for next year will have touch interface or just get this years... or get the mb air

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Debating: my comapny is giving me 2 years worth of back pay and the money I I am allowing myself to spend will go on a new Mac mini, 28in monitor, and ??? I am trying to figure out if I should wait to see if the mbp for next year will have touch interface or just get this years... or get the mb air

I'd skip out on the MBA. it's an overpriced niche product that 90% of users will find no use for. MBPs will most likely see another update around MacWorld '11 (late Jan/early Feb). It will only a spec bump if it follows the usual trend. If you have the money now, I'd get it. Also, are you planning to use that Mac Mini as a home theater PC or something? Unless you have that or dual workspaces, it doesn't make sense to have both the mini and the MBP. Cut costs; get the MBP, then hook it up to the external monitor when you're home and pair it with a keyboard/mouse.

Back
Top Bottom