The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

That's a weak *%@ back to school deal, 
laugh.gif

$100 worth of Apps,
30t6p3b.gif
like anyone wanna 'buy' apps for there macs, and especially from their app store
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

so lately browsing on my MBP2011 15' on this new firefox i keep getting this popup on my screen that looks like this....

i always hit cancel... but it been getting annoying... has anybody else been having this problem?

man i've been getting that !*** too.

pretty sure its a virus...i always hit cancel too

10.6.8 is out. Download the new update via Software Update. Should also get rid of that Mac malware too.

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

do you guys know if this would be compatible with my macbook? It a late 2008 unibody 2.4ghz. I currently have 4gb but the price seems really good.

http://www.newegg.com/Pro...amp;Item=N82E16820231294

I think the late 2008 unibody macbooks only supports up to 4GB.

yea I thought so too. But I read somewhere that a software update they did made them support 8gb, I'll have to check that again. And I've used crucial before but it only tells me whats compatible within their own site.
edit; Yea, it looks like it does support 8gb now.

"Apple officially supports a maximum of 4 GB of RAM. Originally, this model was only unofficially capable of stably supporting 6 GB of RAM, but as confirmed by site sponsor OWC, it is capable of supporting 8 GB of RAM if updated to Boot ROM Version MB51.007D.B03 and running MacOS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard."

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

do you guys know if this would be compatible with my macbook? It a late 2008 unibody 2.4ghz. I currently have 4gb but the price seems really good.

http://www.newegg.com/Pro...amp;Item=N82E16820231294

I think the late 2008 unibody macbooks only supports up to 4GB.

yea I thought so too. But I read somewhere that a software update they did made them support 8gb, I'll have to check that again. And I've used crucial before but it only tells me whats compatible within their own site.
edit; Yea, it looks like it does support 8gb now.

"Apple officially supports a maximum of 4 GB of RAM. Originally, this model was only unofficially capable of stably supporting 6 GB of RAM, but as confirmed by site sponsor OWC, it is capable of supporting 8 GB of RAM if updated to Boot ROM Version MB51.007D.B03 and running MacOS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard."

Oh nice, didn't know about that. To answer your question, yes it should be compatible. 8GB of RAM for 55$ is a steal. Pretty good reviews too.

thanks to the NTers that helped me out i ordered the mini to hdmi and everything should be coming in the mail soon

This prob makes more sense in the HDTV thread, but I'll ask here anyways.

I've had my tv since Xmas time and I've had my MBP connected to it since the day I brought the tv home.

I'm just now starting to get image ghosting while using it with my laptop. Is there a way to fix this or am I up the creek without a paddle?

My tv is a Samsung LED. Any help?

Originally Posted by abernja

This prob makes more sense in the HDTV thread, but I'll ask here anyways.

I've had my tv since Xmas time and I've had my MBP connected to it since the day I brought the tv home.

I'm just now starting to get image ghosting while using it with my laptop. Is there a way to fix this or am I up the creek without a paddle?

My tv is a Samsung LED. Any help?
Just unplugged the VGA cable from the DVI adapter and the ghosting disappeared once I connected them again. Hmm that was easy lol.

Anybody have Final Cut Pro X?
I have an 10' mbp so would I need to upgrade my ram from 4gb to 8gb?

Are you guys upgrading to OS X 7 aka Lion? I just saw the Keynote speech, it's cool and all but IDK doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade as far as performance goes. The system-wide finger gestures would probably be my favorite though feature based on what was shown at the Keynote but doesn't seem to justify an upgrade lol

anyone know exactly when the new Macbook Pro is coming out? I hear the new one is gonna have a completely new design and I don't know if I should wait for that to come out or just get the current one. I mean, I would have no problem waiting, but the computer I have now is old and crashes on me a lot, so I kinda have to get something new asap.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by iYen

Anybody have Final Cut Pro X?
I have an 10' mbp so would I need to upgrade my ram from 4gb to 8gb?
FCP X has been getting slammed by users. you might wanna hold out until they fix things but 4GB of RAM would be plenty.

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

anyone know exactly when the new Macbook Pro is coming out? I hear the new one is gonna have a completely new design and I don't know if I should wait for that to come out or just get the current one. I mean, I would have no problem waiting, but the computer I have now is old and crashes on me a lot, so I kinda have to get something new asap.
ohwell.gif

would hate for this to happen, am thinking of upgrading to a macbook, but when i bought this one in august of 2008, in i believe January of '09, they came out with the new macbooks. 

Originally Posted by salbah3

Are you guys upgrading to OS X 7 aka Lion? I just saw the Keynote speech, it's cool and all but IDK doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade as far as performance goes. The system-wide finger gestures would probably be my favorite though feature based on what was shown at the Keynote but doesn't seem to justify an upgrade lol
for 30$ i am 
is there system requirements? 

Any of you guys own a Mac Mini? I have a 26 in tv and I`m going to buy a larger one soon, and I`m like hey I could just get a Mac Mini, since every thing I do school wise would be windows base, I can just use my Sony laptop for that, and use the Mac Mini at home for my own personal stuff.

Would they be decent if I wanted to do graphic design and stuff like that?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Any of you guys own a Mac Mini? I have a 26 in tv and I`m going to buy a larger one soon, and I`m like hey I could just get a Mac Mini, since every thing I do school wise would be windows base, I can just use my Sony laptop for that, and use the Mac Mini at home for my own personal stuff.

i would imagine that using the TV as your primary display wouldn't be easy on the eyes. Maybe for movies and stuff but not for word processing or browsing. People usually hook those up to TVs to do HTPC stuff. You would want to get a dedicated PC monitor, and by the time you get a decent screen and the mac mini you'd be well on your way to the price of an iMac

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

i would imagine that using the TV as your primary display wouldn't be easy on the eyes. Maybe for movies and stuff but not for word processing or browsing. People usually hook those up to TVs to do HTPC stuff. You would want to get a dedicated PC monitor, and by the time you get a decent screen and the mac mini you'd be well on your way to the price of an iMac

true, I was gonna use the Mac Mini for Photoshop and all that good stuff. Bang for the Buck the Imac looks to be the best in regard to price and hardware, but with the MBP i like the fact that if needed I can easily carry it around if needed even though I`d mainly carry my ipad, and also in regard to if I needed to fix something myself the iMac looks to be a pain being that it's an all in one unit

true, I was gonna use the Mac Mini for Photoshop and all that good stuff. Bang for the Buck the Imac looks to be the best in regard to price and hardware, but with the MBP i like the fact that if needed I can easily carry it around if needed even though I`d mainly carry my ipad, and also in regard to if I needed to fix something myself the iMac looks to be a pain being that it's an all in one unit
get the mbp and an external display for when you're home. the lack of colors and lower resolution of the tv is just gonna be a 
aaf35799ef9b9300a0242439ecf23d9bc10159c.gif
 with PS. It is a bit more difficult to access and tinker with the internals of an iMac but it's entirely doable. I've swapped out RAM and hard drives without so much of a problem on a few. 

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by salbah3

for 30$ i am 
is there system requirements? 
I believe you have to have the updated version of OS 10.6.8

get the mbp and an external display for when you're home. the lack of colors and lower resolution of the tv is just gonna be a 
aaf35799ef9b9300a0242439ecf23d9bc10159c.gif
 with PS. It is a bit more difficult to access and tinker with the internals of an iMac but it's entirely doable. I've swapped out RAM and hard drives without so much of a problem on a few. 

If I do get a MBP I`d be getting the 15 inch. I hear the 15 in is light years better then the 13 screen wise.  When it comes to external displays if I do so happen to get one, are the apple ones that much better? hell they cost more then a high end Flatscreen

When it comes to external displays if I do so happen to get one, are the apple ones that much better? hell they cost more then a high end Flatscreen

i've got a 27" apple cinema display and it's great...but is it worth the $$? i doubt it, go for something else for like 1/3 the price

Back
Top Bottom