The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

I have the mid 2012 model could you point me in the direction on exactly what is compatible with my macbook pro?

These SSDs should work:

http://www.newegg.com/Internal-SSDs/SubCategory/ID-636

This memory should work:

http://www.staples.com/Crucial-8GB-...R3-1066/product_IM1PV2559?externalize=certona

There are sales on SSDs all the time, so you could probably check slickdeals for those, not many deals on memory though.

$72.99 on Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Any insight on upgrading my RAM?

I have: MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010), 2.4 Ghz, Intel Core i5

I know I am only limited to 8GB ram because of the OS. Where should I buy my additional RAM? Best deals/quality brands?

Is OWC the best bet? http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/Apple_MacBook_MacBook_Pro/Upgrade/DDR3

nerd.gif
Though apple says the most some models can support is 8gb in ram, some do support 16gb. If thats your model below then it can support 16gb.
  • MacBook Pro 13.3" 2.4GHz (Model ID: 7,1 only) Supports 16.0GB
  •  

When choosing RAM what am I looking for? Because there are a lot of companies to choose from.. is there a quick guide I can read that shows exactly what to look for in choosing a RAM card? like speed, quality, etc..

When choosing RAM what am I looking for? Because there are a lot of companies to choose from.. is there a quick guide I can read that shows exactly what to look for in choosing a RAM card? like speed, quality, etc..

Crucial is great and they have a system checker on their website so you could see what ram is compatible with your machine, just download it and it runs for 3 seconds and opens up a page wih suggestions.

Last edited:
Any reason why the length of my videos aren't showing up when I have "show item info" checked?
It shows the size of my pictures as well as how many items are in a folder, but no time under my videos.
I'm running OSX 10.9.3

I know this has been asked a bit recently, but does anyone know where I can find those "hip-hop heads" icons that were around a while ago? They were black and white icons of popular hip hop artists.

I've been looking for a minute now, I can't find them :\

I recently updated VMware Fusion and the dock icon changed to this generic looking notepad thing:

Anyone know how I can get the real one back? I tried googling but couldn't find anything.

My MBA's (13"/i7/256GB/Mid 2013) one year Apple Care ends in a few weeks, should i get the extended Apple Care? Is it worth it?

Just copped a MBA with the Best Buy Student discount joint. It was definitely overdue. My white 2008 MacBook was on its last leg :smh: :lol:

How long are your MBP's lasting you guys? I got a mid 2011 version but haven't had a single problem yet.

Got a Mid 09 MBP and all my problems happened during my AppleCare warranty. Haven't had a problem in the last 3 years.

About to buy a new one though just waiting on the refresh

How long are your MBP's lasting you guys? I got a mid 2011 version but haven't had a single problem yet.

Im running a mid 2009 15inch pro on a 500gb hd and 8gb ram. Everything is smooth and it runs like butter

only thing is I gotten the "Macbook has restared due to an error" about 3 times in the few years I've had it

and I get the service battery message about every few months or so but i turned down my keyboard light and ive been gucci ever since.

Still rocking the og battery: it's currently 472 cycles strong :smokin and have 84.3% capacity left with a good battery status according to coconut battery :smokin

also never had applecare, I live dangerously :>D helps that I'm knowlegble about computers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom