The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Replaced mine earlier today. Copped a battery from batteries plus for half of what apple charges and followed a tutorial video off youtube. Make sure you have a tri-wing screwdriver for the screws holding in the battery.

The 08 had a pentalobe screw holding the battery down.

Replaced mine earlier today. Copped a battery from batteries plus for half of what apple charges and followed a tutorial video off youtube. Make sure you have a tri-wing screwdriver for the screws holding in the battery.

What year was yours? I need a replacement for my early 2011 15inch but on their site I can't find it. All that shows up is power adapters....Have you bought from them before? Do they last long?

http://www.batteriesplus.com/produc...LA_MacBookPro8-dot2/4194-0-MacBook-Pro/1.aspx

2011 13". try searching under laptop batteries or try searching under another nearby location

^Still no luck. I sent them an email, maybe they'll be able to locate a store near me that has one.

iFixit sells a kit that has pretty much every screwdriver you'll ever need for working on the last 10 years worth of Macs, you can get the specific ones you need when you need them individually, but if you're committed to Apple, picking up a set is cheaper.

I know that it helps them make thinner laptops, but man I miss being able to just pop out the battery by lifting a latch and replacing it with a new one.

anyone know how to permanently disable iMessages for the mac? you can bypass logging in to iMessages on the mac and get to your messages without putting in a password if you have your phone nearby.

Yo I really cannot be the only one having severe problems with Yosemite.. **** keeps crashing and freezing and im using a 2013 macbook.

**** is annoying as ****

How do I convert my Windows files to Mac files?

I'm not even sure what you mean here, if you're talking about media files as long as you have the software to open it, it'll work. Actual programs won't for the most part unless you're running parallels or boot camp, or it's something that has been setup to run using wine skin.

If you're trying to get access to stuff that's on an NTFS formatted disk http://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/ try this although there's other solutions out there, but they involve getting into the terminal and editing settings by hand.

Wait you can see someone's iMessages even if they are logged out? :nerd:
yes. all you/they would need to do is click on the icon on the far left of your dock (a little pop up icon will appear if you go into messages on your phone). when they click it, if you are signed out it will show an option to log in.

click bypass for now.

they or you now have access to your messages. :

defeating the purpose of logging out. i found a fix but i don't remember exactly what i did. i definitely disabled the email account and went into system preferences and clicked some things. dunno i googled around and found different answers on various websites. anyway it doesn't happen anymore but i think thats wack.

i'm not feeling yosemite so far. niketalk loads slow, everything loads slow. flash doesn't work well...therefore youtube doesn't work at all or very well. i had to delete everything associated with flash and install from a different part of adobe's site.

its like the whole selling point was safari, to me, and sites don't really support it like that. :smh:

then the whole fire vault thing...smh.

lastly, just because we can do things doesn't mean we should make these things default. i enjoy privacy on my laptop and its iike apple and these other companies are doing stuff because they can. i get it, these devices talk to each other. cool. make it an option and make them easily be their own device like before. i don't want calls on my computer, i don't want to text message on my computer. thats wtf i have a phone for.

Yo I really cannot be the only one having severe problems with Yosemite.. **** keeps crashing and freezing and im using a 2013 macbook.

**** is annoying as ****

I got zero issues and mine is a 2011. Might want to have it checked out if its still under warranty?

I got zero issues and mine is a 2011. Might want to have it checked out if its still under warranty?

Yeah I've had 0 issues and I'm running it on an 09 MacBook right now. In fact the new version of Safari has been snappier than I remembered it being.

its slow for me...mines is a 2012 mac. not feeling this at all. safari is mad slow, niketalk takes awhile to load any page and i have to basically double click to get in a thread.

everytime i start up the comp there's a progress bar that takes entirely too long. like wtf is in this update. :smh:

really wish it was easier to downgrade.

Any good extensions that y'all use? 
nerd.gif

so messages from my iPhone still pop up when i'm in the app and in a convo. what. the. ****.

i have tried over and over to turn this feature off. it keeps appearing no matter what. why the **** would apple do that? i don't want my convos read by whoever i let use my computer. again, it doesn't matter if you're signed in or not. it pops up and if they click not now on the password screen they bypass signing in and can read convos. the **** outta here.

:smh:

tell me there's a way to downgrade thats easy.

so messages from my iPhone still pop up when i'm in the app and in a convo. what. the. ****.

i have tried over and over to turn this feature off. it keeps appearing no matter what. why the **** would apple do that? i don't want my convos read by whoever i let use my computer. again, it doesn't matter if you're signed in or not. it pops up and if they click not now on the password screen they bypass signing in and can read convos. the **** outta here.

:smh:

tell me there's a way to downgrade thats easy.

Have you tried changing the password to your apple account, change it on your phone but not on imessage on your mac? I don't own an iphone but this might help, just thought of it. That's weird that the messages would show up even if you signed out on your mac.

First post...

I have a 2008* macbook pro. running on 10.5.8 

I can barely install anything/ run any applications

possible for me to update it to the nearest 10.6? also my cd drive is broken -__- 

my iphone is also updated on iOS 8 yet not of the 3rd party apps work. 

Back
Top Bottom