The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Yeah I was thinking about upgrading my MBP from like 2008 or something... forget that I'm riding it out until the end :lol:

I loved my MBP though, but they are wildin with these prices man.

Yeah I was thinking about upgrading my MBP from like 2008 or something... forget that I'm riding it out until the end
laugh.gif

I loved my MBP though, but they are wildin with these prices man.
isnt the current 15' base model like $1999? these dudes are bugging.

my 2011 mbp is in dire need of an upgrade so ive been patiently waiting for this day... to be a letdown

think i might have to jump down to the 13' just to make it monetarily feasible.

any input on going the 13 over 15 route? i.e. getting a suped up 13 over a low end 15

my 2011 mbp is in dire need of an upgrade so ive been patiently waiting for this day... to be a letdown

think i might have to jump down to the 13' just to make it monetarily feasible.

any input on going the 13 over 15 route? i.e. getting a suped up 13 over a low end 15

You can find a pretty nice last gen 15 inch pro for the amount spent on the most baseline current gen 13 inch model if you dont mind buying used.

I don't even just my old *** MBP for the intended purposes... just NT, pron and web browsing and looking at youtube vids :smh:

Forget all that even though back then my girl paid almost $3K for it I'm not spending that much when I can get something way better even if it's Windows.

Has anyone upgraded their RAM from 4GB to 8GB? Any major differences? 
Its worth it, especially if you run memory intensive applications, or use Google chrome as your web browser
laugh.gif

Has anyone upgraded their RAM from 4GB to 8GB? Any major differences? 
Went from 4 to 16 and I notice a difference. But I also upgraded to a SSD and that was the most noticeable difference.
Any brand of RAM I should look into? A few searches I came across mentioned "Crucial" 

I am legit in shock at the price hike.

400 DOLLAR INCREASE FOR A BASE MODEL?

Im a 2009 mbp owner so ive waited a MINUTE for an upgrade. Ive been wanting this new updated one all year, but i thought it would stick at the 1999 mark.
My god that 400 dollar difference is HUGE for me because I also need to get a new phone.

Ugh. :smh:

Honestly, if you really need a new MBP, I would say pull the trigger. We all know they last a very long time so you're technically gonna be getting your moneys worth 
laugh.gif

Honestly, if you really need a new MBP, I would say pull the trigger. We all know they last a very long time so you're technically gonna be getting your moneys worth :lol:

True.
My 2009 did last a while, its been unusable for 2 years now tho :lol:

But still.
Im in need of a car, phone, and new macbook.
So trying to budget is tough with the price hike.

Da struggle is real bros

Back
Top Bottom