The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by pchen83

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Command + Shift + 3 to take a screenshot
laugh.gif
i already posted a pic of my desktop setup a couple of posts back, I was trying to upload a pic of my mbp connected to my hdtv.  Let me know if you can help on that.  Thanks though
laugh.gif
can you give me more information on how you got your itunes to look like that? is that coversutra? that looks cleannn
pimp.gif
hey so i started out using coversutra but realized that it wasn't s customizable as I liked.  To get that setup, you'll need to dl two things
1)youcontrol:tunes  (yousoftware.com) -This is for the scrolling ticker and song controls on your menubar.  It's free
2)Bowtie-This program is more customizable than Coversutra wih numerous themes,IMO.  Download the free program and then google "Bowtie theme passerby right ryan christensen".  Once you've downloaded and unzipped the theme, double click on it and bowtie will pick it up and you can apply it in preferences (bowtie needs to be open during this time).  I like that them and the "zukunft condensed white by alx & janik" and "ipad by tom neal" are also cool depending on your desktop wallpaper.

Let me know if you need help applying this or any of the preference settings.  I'm here to help like everyone else on this thread

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

i've spent the last two days messing around with my new macbook and wanted to thank all the contributors to this thread.� It's been a ridiculous resource and the end result is something I never imagined a laptop could be capable of.� Now I just need to learn how to properly use Geektool to add a few more things.� If anyone can send a tutorial my way that's easily understandable, i'd be indebted.� Here's my current setup.� The quality is crap but the only camera I have is the one on my iphone.� Thanks again to all the past 300 past pages worth of Mac goodness
when i introduced myself to Geektool a few years back, this as the easiest and most informative tutorial i found. Once you try it once, you'll get it. it looks harder than it is. There are 4 vids in total so just peep her YouTube channel

Thanks, this is great!

i've spent the last two days messing around with my new macbook and wanted to thank all the contributors to this thread.  It's been a ridiculous resource and the end result is something I never imagined a laptop could be capable of.  Now I just need to learn how to properly use Geektool to add a few more things.  If anyone can send a tutorial my way that's easily understandable, i'd be indebted.  Here's my current setup.  The quality is crap but the only camera I have is the one on my iphone.  Thanks again to all the past 300 past pages worth of Mac goodness

man, tinypic url isnt working for me.  here's the link if anyone is curious (pause)

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zb5o5y&s=7

laugh.gif
i already posted a pic of my desktop setup a couple of posts back, I was trying to upload a pic of my mbp connected to my hdtv.  Let me know if you can help on that.  Thanks though
laugh.gif

My bad, I thought that was an iMac in the back
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My bad, I thought that was an iMac in the back
laugh.gif
gdamn! you sayin my 46" looks small?  You killin me man!lol,all good

k i downloaded that dockulicious and now when i long press the app to quit, it wont let me do that why is that?

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

k i downloaded that dockulicious and now when i long press the app to quit, it wont let me do that why is that?
Dockulicious was doing the same thing for me.  I "found" a copy of CandyBar and they have an area where you can switch up the dock, I recommend that if docku is non responsive

can someone point me in the right direction on how to get the file menu/bar black? And a black dock. thanks

^ download an App called Nocturne go to the preferences and set up the black menu bar. There's vids on YouTube if u need help

Hey guys new to the Mac thread but i've had my Macbook for about 6 months and i'm not sure if asking this is against the rules but do any of you know where i could download a copy of photoshop for Mac? Any help would be greatly appreciated! And if this isn't allowed sorry for the slip up.

I'm using the clear speck joint from amazon.... Ppl seem to like it and it keeps my macbook from getting scratched during my daily grind

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

I'm using the clear speck joint from amazon.... Ppl seem to like it and it keeps my macbook from getting scratched during my daily grind

I just ordered that, does it add a lot of bulk to the 13"

laugh.gif
can you give me more information on how you got your itunes to look like that? is that coversutra? that looks cleannn
pimp.gif
hey so i started out using coversutra but realized that it wasn't s customizable as I liked.  To get that setup, you'll need to dl two things
1)youcontrol:tunes  (yousoftware.com) -This is for the scrolling ticker and song controls on your menubar.  It's free
2)Bowtie-This program is more customizable than Coversutra wih numerous themes,IMO.  Download the free program and then google "Bowtie theme passerby right ryan christensen".  Once you've downloaded and unzipped the theme, double click on it and bowtie will pick it up and you can apply it in preferences (bowtie needs to be open during this time).  I like that them and the "zukunft condensed white by alx & janik" and "ipad by tom neal" are also cool depending on your desktop wallpaper.

Let me know if you need help applying this or any of the preference settings.  I'm here to help like everyone else on this thread
This was perfect! Thanks fam
pimp.gif

+1 rep

FuzyNguyen- Thanks alot man, i appreciate the help. I got what i wanted from the info you gave me. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

I just ordered that, does it add a lot of bulk to the 13"

Nah man not at all... Most ppl only know I have a case because of the gloss.... 
I will say it was a bit of an adjustment going from my 15' asus to a 13' MBP but overall i sitll love it....

I bought this and the iPad 2 around the same time and I have a hard time deciding which one is my favorite new toy....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pchen83 - hey fam, i got all the themes in bowtie to work last night on my external monitor, but now im on campus with my mbp and it seems like only the zukunft black works, the white doesnt work nor do any of the passerby's.  Do you have any insight on fixing this?  I've tried reinstalling all the themes and restarting bowtie numerous times =/

For the zukunft black that does work, it has trouble displaying 15% of track information, the track progress bar continues, but the track information remains the same as the previous song.

Anyone else running bowtie? It's got some really sleek themes; I just wish it was more reliable
mad.gif

Hopefully there's an easy fix

pchen83 - hey fam, i got all the themes in bowtie to work last night on my external monitor, but now im on campus with my mbp and it seems like only the zukunft black works, the white doesnt work nor do any of the passerby's.  Do you have any insight on fixing this?  I've tried reinstalling all the themes and restarting bowtie numerous times =/

I'm at work right now so I can't think of anything that would screw it up.  At first blush, i'd say it's a network thing because that's the only thing that is different from your home environment but I can test that tonight on my own laptop.

I'm at work right now so I can't think of anything that would screw it up.  At first blush, i'd say it's a network thing because that's the only thing that is different from your home environment but I can test that tonight on my own laptop.

I figured that too, but I can't imagine why my network would affect this type of program.

Also, the zukunft black that does work, it has trouble displaying 15% of track information, the track progress bar continues, but the track information remains the same as the previous song.

Thanks for looking it

Back
Top Bottom