The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Originally Posted by BoredONE1

eeb3503de96a40b93cadcc581eca1bfbd16c487.jpg

15 inch Macbook Pro. I want to upgrade to 8GB ram. Any suggestions on where to buy from? Pros? Cons? 
smile.gif

I got 4 x 2 from Amazon for $70 - 80 Bestbuy wanted $140 they would have price matched but they were out of stock

link please

nerd.gif

Link????  
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

nerd.gif

just recently bought the new imac... fairly new to macs, anyways just wanna know what do yall prefer: safari or firefox or something else???

Originally Posted by DREdwards

just recently bought the new imac... fairly new to macs, anyways just wanna know what do yall prefer: safari or firefox or something else???

firefox 5 or chrome

im using firefox cant complain... but safari i complained about some of the stuff it did and did not do
tired.gif

What type of computer user is the MacBook air designed for? I tried to search the topic for an answer, but it said 0 results found.

Originally Posted by GoldenTicket21

What type of computer user is the MacBook air designed for? I tried to search the topic for an answer, but it said 0 results found.

basic users. People doing manly web browsing, some office docs, watching videos based off the specs

Originally Posted by GoldenTicket21

So basically it isn't good for website developing , photo/video editing.

website developing: possibly
photo/video editing: doubt it, i think you'd be better of with a macbook pro
I surf the web and do some light photo editing
The MacBook Air will do these tasks easily enough, as long as you don't start creating 4 GB HDR images in Photoshop. All in all, this is the type of user that the MacBook Air was made for.

I'm a serious photographer and will edit my photos in Photoshop
Even with the souped-up 13.3-inch MacBook Pro, you'll encounter problems using the MacBook Air. Since this version of the MacBook Air (13.3-inch, 4GB of RAM, 256 GB hard drive) costs as much as a MacBook Pro 15, the MacBook Pro 13 or 15 are much better choices for this.

I do some video editing
The processors on both MacBook Air models are slow when compared to the ones available on the MacBook Pro and other laptops. If you do quite a bit of video editing, then you should opt for another laptop.

Link

if you get the ultimate air a lot of people say its great for photo and video editing...well from what i read on the forums by users

Thanks for the info. I never owned a Mac. Looks like a Pro is the way to go. I figured that, but was trying to save $1000 if an Air would be sufficient

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

if you get the ultimate air a lot of people say its great for photo and video editing...well from what i read on the forums by users

yeah ive seen that also, although the base model for the ultimate macbook air is $1600 & a cpu or ram upgrade is going to cost an extra $100
here are two videos dealing with photo & video editing with the ultimate MBA  you might want to check out goldenticket

How do you run windows on a mac? I need internet explorer but it's not made for macs.

I've been having trouble trying to figure out how to install facetime on my macbook. Anyone able to help a homie out?!

I've been having weird (maybe) memory leak problems.  Every time I use firefox for awhile, my free memory drops significantly.  After I close Firefox, the memory is still gone, so I have to restart every time I want to play games or do anything memory intensive.

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by yanky

How do you run windows on a mac? I need internet explorer but it's not made for macs.

You need to use bootcamp and a windows install cd

Or Parallels.
Right on for the help. Hopefully I can get Windows XP on it instead of Vista.

Originally Posted by yanky

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

You need to use bootcamp and a windows install cd

Or Parallels.
Right on for the help. Hopefully I can get Windows XP on it instead of Vista.
VMware Fusion! Bootcamp is a pain to install windows unless your installing it straight our the Mac box
ohwell.gif
. I got windows 7 installed on vmware

Back
Top Bottom